Mattock to Wolves for ?1.5m + Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was mentioned a couple of times last night on 1 of the phone in's apparently.

I'd personally snap there hands of with this if there's any truth in it.

Whats everyone else's thoughts on this. Good deal or are we undervaluing Mattock?

Based on the performances I have seen, I would suggest that these figures *over*value Mattock.

For this deal I would snap their hands off, replace one up and coming talent with another plus a good fee. Still think it's bollocks though.

This was mentioned a couple of times last night on 1 of the phone in's apparently.

I'd personally snap there hands of with this if there's any truth in it.

Whats everyone else's thoughts on this. Good deal or are we undervaluing Mattock?

I think that sounds a good deal. However given that Mattock is highly rated as hot property your effectively pricing Davies at 2.5mil plus. Now i know he's looked good; but as he's out of contract in the summer and has only played a handful of games 2.5mil seem's a lot.

I'd never heard of him 3 months ago!!

I think that sounds a good deal. However given that Mattock is highly rated as hot property your effectively pricing Davies at 2.5mil plus. Now i know he's looked good; but as he's out of contract in the summer and has only played a handful of games 2.5mil seem's a lot.

I'd never heard of him 3 months ago!!

Erm not quite. They would be giving us £1.5m so effectively we are pricing Mattock at Davies cost plus 1.5, so if Davies it worth 2m Mattock is 3.5m.

Still bollocks though.

Erm not quite. They would be giving us £1.5m so effectively we are pricing Mattock at Davies cost plus 1.5, so if Davies it worth 2m Mattock is 3.5m.

Still bollocks though.

A few months ago i saw the figure of 4 mil banded about for Mattock. So if we get 1.5 mil + Davies he is indeed being priced quite high. Now it may not be as high as i speculate but basically either his price has soared or Mattocks has dropped.

Mattock is on a long contract but Davies has only months to run. That should significantly weight any price in Mattocks (citys favour) and not Davies (Wolves).

To be honest i rate the Davies lad V highly so if we can get him they can have Mattock for free, just don't want to be ripped off.

£1.5 million for Mattock would be good alone I think, so to get the services of Davies as well, who seems to be showing a much better attitude and hunger than Mattock, would be a bonus.

If this speculation becomes real then I'll be happy.

£1.5 million for Mattock would be good alone I think, so to get the services of Davies as well, who seems to be showing a much better attitude and hunger than Mattock, would be a bonus.

If this speculation becomes real then I'll be happy.
Totally Agree, Davies has not great reviews i haven't seen him play yet but seems to be the player that is filling the hole in the middle of the park that we have been missing for years, you could say a "Izzet" type of player.

Mattock hasn't done anything this season, he has hardly been mentioned, i think the fact he got so excited about a move in the transfer window he has forgot to put his boots on or maybe he hasn't been the same player since his ankle injury.

Got to think long term regarding Mattock, no doubt he's one of the hottest properties in the English game, he's still learning his trade, he will have good and bad games at this stage, in a couple of years, should he continue to progresss at his current rate, he will be worth big big money, making this speculation look like chicken feed. With Davies a free agent, in a few months, certainly not worth a money and player swap, also got to look at his injury record, its not good, its nots so bad as, but a bit like weso, more time on ther sidelines than on the pitch. Not good business at this point.

If we can steer him clear of the pubs and night clubs (enjoys drinking a bit too much apparently) this would be a great deal. On the pitch Davies is a prospect well in parity with Mattock IMO.

keep them both - wait until the summer to secure davies if necessary - wolves will be looking to stoke their war chest for the prem if promoted and 1mil for Davies would do them no harm. Let Mattock have the run in to put himself in the shop window. Shouldn't be sold to another championship club presently.
Mattock has clearly got more long term potential than all the other defenders at leicester. first touch, passing, runs off the ball. His defensive strength and tackling are even improving - he's not even 19 yet!

Agree with Sparky. If Mattock is as highly touted as has been suggested, and given his progress in the U21's coupled with no real decent english left backs coming through, he could be worth a mint someday, and beyond that could become a very, very good player.

Davie's has been excellent, but I suspect if Wolves go up they will find him expendable, and that is when we swoop in.

Last edited:
What Hazzman said. Ask a Wolves fan, Davies is well-known as injury prone and to have that reputation at such a young age is not good. From the little I've seen of him he is a good player, but we don't want another Eadie/Weso/Jones on a long-term contract.

keep them both - wait until the summer to secure davies if necessary - wolves will be looking to stoke their war chest for the prem if promoted and 1mil for Davies would do them no harm.

Why would we bid £1m for someone whos contact finishes at the end of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669