Mattock to Wolves for ?1.5m + Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with Sparky. If Mattock is as highly touted as has been suggested, and given his progress in the U21's coupled with no real decent english left backs coming through, he could be worth a mint someday, and beyond that could become a very, very good player.

Davie's has been excellent, but I suspect if Wolves go up they will find him expendable, and that is when we swoop in.

what happens if someone comes in for him in the summer and he wants to go there instead? i wouldn't risk him putting himself in the shop window with us and then buggering off somewhere else at the end of the season.

i'd sign him now.

We will have to pay compo anyway. :icon_wink

Doubt that would be anything like as much as £1m though.

Sounds like a crap deal to me... one of the most highly rated young English players around, for probably £2m at most, if you factor in how much Davies is likely to cost in compo if we got him on a pre-contract agreement.

Sounds like a crap deal to me... one of the most highly rated young English players around, for probably £2m at most, if you factor in how much Davies is likely to cost in compo if we got him on a pre-contract agreement.

But didn't you know that Mattock is totally crap, and Davies is the best player outside of the Premiership

Do try and keep up

i see your point but i believe davies, despite only being here for 10 games or so has proven what an important part of the team he is.

Mattock whilst still young, is imo not part of our strongest team at the moment and may well not develop as much due to lack of games, as we want him too before selling him in the future. i'd offer him around at 3mil and see if we have any takes and then we can sign davies and maybe a couple more in the summer with the money we get for him

Isn't Mattock only about 18? You're all bananas if you think we should cash in on him now. Let the lad prove himeself first!

Leicester fans put too much pressure on the young players to improve. They expect them to become superstars over night and it just doesn't happen like that. I said this when everyone was moaning about Stearman too (who, might i suggest, is developing into a decent player).

This sort of thing really annoys me. Players take years to develop into the full package, not months.

Isn't Mattock only about 18? You're all bananas if you think we should cash in on him now. Let the lad prove himeself first!

Leicester fans put too much pressure on the young players to improve. They expect them to become superstars over night and it just doesn't happen like that. I said this when everyone was moaning about Stearman too (who, might i suggest, is developing into a decent player).

This sort of thing really annoys me. Players take years to develop into the full package, not months.

Yep, still only 18... people don't seem to realise that... or they don't care, I'm not sure.

But to get rid of Mattock, for anything less than £5m (considering we don't currently NEED the money) would be ridiculous in my opinion.

i see your point but i believe davies, despite only being here for 10 games or so has proven what an important part of the team he is.

Mattock whilst still young, is imo not part of our strongest team at the moment and may well not develop as much due to lack of games, as we want him too before selling him in the future. i'd offer him around at 3mil and see if we have any takes and then we can sign davies and maybe a couple more in the summer with the money we get for him

It has nothing to do with how good Davies is though... we could agree a contract with him now, Wolves don't have to agree to sell him.

If Davies would be willing to sign as part of a deal in exchange for Mattock, then obviously he'd be willing to sign for us at the end of his contract as well... so there is no reason to sell Mattock to sign Davies.

Yep, still only 18... people don't seem to realise that... or they don't care, I'm not sure.

But to get rid of Mattock, for anything less than £5m (considering we don't currently NEED the money) would be ridiculous in my opinion.

I remember when Stearman was only 18 and we decided to keep and him and let him develop...

I remember when Stearman was only 18 and we decided to keep and him and let him develop...

Who, if I remember rightly, was one of our best players last season, we got a couple of million for him when we went down, and he looks like he's going to be playing in the Premiership next season... so what's your point?

And, Stearman hadn't played for the England U21s when he was 18 (in fact he still hasn't now, but has been in the squad a few times) ;)

Last edited:
i'd take that deal, but i would love to keep Mattock for next season...

I'd love to eat the Davies cake but also have the Mattock cake and the £1.5m cookies. Tricky one this.

Who, if I remember rightly, was one of our best players last season, we got a couple of million for him when we went down, and he looks like he's going to be playing in the Premiership next season... so what's your point?

And, Stearman hadn't played for the England U21s when he was 18 (in fact he still hasn't now, but has been in the squad a few times)

Did we get a couple of mil?

My point was that when he first broke on the scene there was a lot of "interest" him and talks of transfers in the regions of £2m+. We instead kept him and he failed to deliver. He might have had a half decent season last season but that was after 2/3 seasons of nothing.

Mattock has showed a lot of promise for a youngster but the difference between players showing promise and actually delivering on it are two completely different things.

Last edited:
Initially I thought snap their hands off but if davies has a poor injury recordit casts doubt if its a good deal.

The way I see it is mattock has potential but doesnt perform, davies is currently performing and influencing our games. We only have davies for a month there is no garuantuee wolves will keep renewing the loan.

Leaving it to the end of the season is easier said than done as well since then likely a lot other clubs will be after his services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669