Matty Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stringer is saying on Twitter that Pearson has confirmed it's a double jaw fracture and may need metal plate. Going to be out of action for a while

Massive blow if he will miss the rest of the season. Take his goals out of our team and we are relegation fodder. If this is the case and we want to maintain our Play Off push we must get a replacement in on loan as what we have already has proven to be no match. Saying that though, I do think Waggy could possibly step up seeing as he has been playing a lot of the season as a winger.

They did say at halftime that the club doc suspected it was a fractured jaw. They also kept the neck brace on him on the journey to the hospital as they didn't know if he had also hurt his neck as he hit the ground.

I want to see the incident again, cos I don't know if it was a foul or not in the first place, I just saw him land in a heap on the floor, the ref look over and wave play on and Oakley feck up a glorious chance to score........

This is far worse than a double fracture, this is a double fracture and a slide in the league position.

Massive loss that we will not be able to replace.

This is far worse than a double fracture, this is a double fracture and a slide in the league position.

Massive loss that we will not be able to replace.

Couldn't agree more.

Massive dent to our play-off hopes.

Apparently Stringer said suspected fractured jaw but we know his record.

Personally thought it was an unlucky event. No malice, honest challenge.

No it wasn't! The player had been at him all night, it was a shocking challenge, I don't think the ref saw the incident properly from where he was.

No it wasn't! The player had been at him all night, it was a shocking challenge, I don't think the ref saw the incident properly from where he was.

Nor, it seems, did the fat wanker lino who it happened right in front of.

Matty wont play again this season. Hope he gets better soon, physically and mentally.

From an extremely selfish point of view it probably means he wont be a transfer target for quite sometime

Wish him a speedy recovery, and I don't think we'll get relegated, there's far too much sh*t in this league for that.

Just think though, if we don't get promoted- Tunch and Fryatt back next season, with the prospect of new signings...

<Drools just slightly>

That would be awesome.

I've been saying it all season but we really are a one man attack, aren't we? The other strikers are so poor Fryatt is having to do everything himself: drop back, take on players, set up and score himself.

I've been confident all season but I'm bricking myself now.

Last edited:
Bad news for matty and for the club, but glad its not more serious than that as he looked in a bad way when he first went down.

speedy recovery Matty!

speedy recovery i hope, and get fit for the play offs and and play off final please matty :)

I've been saying it all season but we really are a one man attack, aren't we? The other strikers are so poor Fryatt is having to do everything himself: drop back, take on players, set up and score himself.

I've been confident all season but I'm bricking myself now.

For-god-sake, listen to yourself.

"Bricking" yourself? Stop being so hysterical about it. Yes, we've lost our main striker but if we were 6th from bottom, I'd be worried. We're not. We're 6th from top.

Some people need a sodding reality check. :bang:

I'm convinced that if we were top of the league by 10 points, some would still moan it wasn't more.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if it was Stock or Roberts?

Stringer seemed to think it was Stock, the guy from Sky said it was Roberts, the crowd appeared to boo Roberts.

Talk of DJ Campbell being re-called, is that possible with his loan deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669