Matty James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoepfully he makes a full recovery but he's had one or two bad knee problems already in his career already which is partly why United let him go.

Would be a big loss if he doesn't make a comeback as I think he is one of the players that has improved the most throughout this season.

Shame to hear but fans probably expected a lengthy spell out when the stretcher came on and with the apparent nature of the injury. Drinkwater has finally been showing a bit of form and King has been great when he has played so it's not too much of a problem for the remainder of this season at least.

He's a good young player, great future ahead of him. He'll recover and be even better next season.

He had a very good season last season in the Championship. Felt he was a bit average this year and we looked better with King in the team over him but still a decent back-up and a horrible injury that no one wants to see. Feel for him.

He has been the weak link in midfield for a good while now unfortunately.

Still young but this wont help him.

Been quite average this year, for me. Out of Drinkwater, Hammond, James and King, it is Andy King who has shown he can cut it at this level - the others are just back up

Real shame about his injury, but will not affect the starting eleven come August

Been quite average this year, for me. Out of Drinkwater, Hammond, James and King, it is Andy King who has shown he can cut it at this level - the others are just back up

Real shame about his injury, but will not affect the starting eleven come August

Fair on him for the beginning of the season, but I think he's come on very well and plays well with Esteban. A real shame.

he's had one or two bad knee problems already in his career

Quote from James today:

"The ligament has ruptured, and it’s the first time anything like this has happened to me. The past injuries that I've had are minor. They've not really done any damage, so this one is the first serious injury that I've had and it’s a little bit of a shock, but I'm just looking forward to the challenge. I want to come back better and stronger"

He well may have had tears in the ligament previously. Usually means that there is likely to be a defect in the tendon itself (or a severe injury previously), which would make it more susceptible to a full tear.

He well may have had tears in the ligament previously. Usually means that there is likely to be a defect in the tendon itself (or a severe injury previously), which would make it more susceptible to a full tear.
Don't think so. Further quote ;
He added: “It’s completely different. I’ve had knee issues in the past but they’ve always been skeletal injuries and to do with the way my body is built. This is something that’s damage and something that I can’t do anything about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566