McClaren resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Chairman and the wally with the brolly have gone they are in a real mess, I assume the CEO will be in charge, until they appoint a new Chairman. After that they will have to appoint a new Manager, all this takes time is the international break long enough for all this to happen? Then no transfers until January only the loan market, by January they could be all but relegated. Such shame.

I can't remember any team having been relegated in January, unfortunately in this case.

Their season is turning out much like ours last year. We replace a perfectly solid and reliable manager with a punt on a name and that decision backfires with fans wishing they'd never made the change in the first place.

The difference is they're skint so there will be no Sven equivalent coming in to rescue them. Talk of MON is absurd. They need a man who will be able to get the players behind him quickly and arrest the slide. I desperately hope that they don't find him. A relegation fight could well be on the cards.

Also, strong rumours from Florist that Lloyd Dyer was due to sign on loan for them the other day and the owner pulled the plug.
John Gregory? Dennis Wise? The return of Gary Megson?

I reckon that they are now 50:50 to go down.

On a side note, I wouldn't actually be surprised to see MON go there. Most PL chairman will not want to touch him given how he treated Villa, and so this would be his chance to re-energise his career. Similar to Shearer, if he ****s up he won't have lost much.

Stan Collymore said in a BBC article a few days ago the MON would be willing to "help". I would not be too surprised if he went there. Hope he doesn't, but I would not be surprised.

Terrible, terrible news

We needed at least another six weeks or so

An absolute tragedy

I reckon that they are now 50:50 to go down.

On a side note, I wouldn't actually be surprised to see MON go there. Most PL chairman will not want to touch him given how he treated Villa, and so this would be his chance to re-energise his career. Similar to Shearer, if he ****s up he won't have lost much.

He'd last even shorter than McLaren did with their transfer policy imo before he'd get pissed off and resign. Would be his stint at Norwich all over again.

Someone on SSN said that Aidy Boothroyd was in line for the job. :icon_bigg

I think they will go for Dave Jones.

I think he would be a good appointment for them. I think he is a fine manager by Championship standards. They are unlikely to get anyone better since I can think of only one Championshop club who has been able to appoint a world class class manager.

I think he would be a good appointment for them. I think he is a fine manager by Championship standards. They are unlikely to get anyone better since I can think of only one Championshop club who has been able to appoint a world class class manager.
DJ would be superb. I suspect they'd soon forget their current position if he were appointed.

I'd be very surprised if eith MON or Jones went for this. The minimum either should need to look at is teams around the top end of the championship. However both would be in a position to get full control of transfers from their daft sounding aquisitions committee, so don't be completely surprised. I would think someone the calibre of Boothroyd, O'Driscoll or Mark Robins would be more likely - I can't see many bright up-and-comers in Leagues one and two fancing what looks like a poison chalice - and could see O'Driscoll or Robins doing a pretty good job. I'm one of those people who would like to see Forest and Derby promoted, behind us as champions, so hear's hoping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669