McClaren resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go back to bed, wake up later and then post something sensible!

I've not been to bed yet and I think it's not a bad idea, if he'll come here. McLaren is one of the best coaches around. He did well for the sheep and Man U as well as working with England under Sven. Just because he's failed as a manager in his last two jobs doesn't mean he's become a bad coach.

Shame he didn't stay longer to really get the job done.

Apparently the Brum game was going to be his last anyway, but he'd hoped to leave with a win.

MON wouldnt totally suprise me, but I hope he doesn't go there.

Forest need a manager like Pearson: someone who can go in kicking arse and obtain some top young talent on loan, on the cheap.

I think they will go for Dave Jones.

I think he would be a good appointment for them. I think he is a fine manager by Championship standards. They are unlikely to get anyone better since I can think of only one Championshop club who has been able to appoint a world class class manager.

DJ would be superb. I suspect they'd soon forget their current position if he were appointed.

Jonesy still has a year of his Cardiff contract to go despite being on gardening leave, and is on a reputed 80k a month. I seriously doubt Florist can come close to that.
Don't expect to see him in a job before next summer.

we don't want them to go down to League One, they may well bounce back the way we, Southampton and Norwich did

we want them in the dolrums of the championship permanently, like Cov

and that's where they are!

McClaren was effing useless and thank God has gone. Ditto Nigel Doughty, we are worse now than when he took control only we are ( to him )65 million in debt.

Had to happen.

McClaren was effing useless and thank God has gone. Ditto Nigel Doughty, we are worse now than when he took control only we are ( to him )65 million in debt.

Had to happen.

Who do you (honestly) think you will end up with?

Forest? £65 million in debt?

anim-hog-sad-violin-cry.gif

Had to happen.

Yes but MON will be taking you to the Champions League soon, honestly, I heard a bloke in Long Eaton telling his mate it's possible.

Who do you (honestly) think you will end up with?
It's all about money so someone cheap and cheerful. Probably some dead beat like Laws.

My personal preference would be the return of Billy Davies

Yes but MON will be taking you to the Champions League soon, honestly, I heard a bloke in Long Eaton telling his mate it's possible.
Only way we will play in Europe is Cardiff away

It's all about money so someone cheap and cheerful. Probably some dead beat like Laws.

My personal preference would be the return of Billy Davies

I think Davies would be your best option (better than the temperamental O'Neill). I can see you going for O'Driscoll (sp) or Boothroyd though.

I can see Roy Keane going for it

Forest need a manager like Pearson: someone who can go in kicking arse and obtain some top young talent on loan, on the cheap.

This is true - but I feel that Pearson's staff were particularly good - which of course is to Nigel's credit.

Before the game against Hull last season Craig Shakespeare went to some of the young Leicester players and I was impressed at how delighted they were to see him.
However when they did a "Meet The manager" evening soon after Nigel arrived the one who most impressed me was Steve Walsh Sr. This was confirmed at the Leicester Legends evening when Gerry Taggart and The Birch bost singled him out for praise and what Birch called his "awesome" football brain and understanding of the game."

Obviously I do not think they will get Pearson and the suggestion is a Pearson type - a young manager with a strong no nonsense personality. However, I feel that the problems at Forest may have gone deeper than the appointment of a bad manager. The board appointed David Pleat as a consultant and he was involved in an Acquisitions Panel. It is difficult to believe that this has not undermined Forest managers. I would presume that when Andrew Neville signed Danns, Peltier etc it was because those were the players Sven wanted. The Acquisition Panel has now rightly been disbanded.

This is true - but I feel that Pearson's staff were particularly good - which of course is to Nigel's credit.

Before the game against Hull last season Craig Shakespeare went to some of the young Leicester players and I was impressed at how delighted they were to see him.
However when they did a "Meet The manager" evening soon after Nigel arrived the one who most impressed me was Steve Walsh Sr. This was confirmed at the Leicester Legends evening when Gerry Taggart and The Birch bost singled him out for praise and what Birch called his "awesome" football brain and understanding of the game."

Obviously I do not think they will get Pearson and the suggestion is a Pearson type - a young manager with a strong no nonsense personality. However, I feel that the problems at Forest may have gone deeper than the appointment of a bad manager. The board appointed David Pleat as a consultant and he was involved in an Acquisitions Panel. It is difficult to believe that this has not undermined Forest managers. I would presume that when Andrew Neville signed Danns, Peltier etc it was because those were the players Sven wanted. The Acquisition Panel has now rightly been disbanded.

I can't remember reading that the panel was gone, just that Pleat was no longer part of it. Neither is the chairman now I would assume, though you never know with them lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669