McClaren resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the new RichB, he's not an arse like some other teams' fans are (particularly that Welsh boy)

I like the new RichB, he's not an arse like some other teams' fans are (particularly that Welsh boy)
'I like RichB', 'Welsh boy' and 'arse' in the same sentence....bit of latent homosexuality methinks?

Nottingham Forest fail in bid to bring back Paul Hart

Hart has played and managed at Nottingham Forest Nottingham Forest have failed to agree a deal with Charlton Athletic to bring Paul Hart back to the club.

Hart, 58, told BBC East Midlands Today that Forest were keen to discuss a technical director role at the City Ground, where he managed from 2001-04.

But the Addicks were thought to want more than £500,000 in compensation for their current academy director.

And Forest have said they are not in a position to pay out to replace ex-boss Steve McClaren, who left last week.

The Reds have said they are eager to appoint their new manager before their next Championship fixture, against Coventry City, on Saturday, 15 October.

But they are are understood to be unable or unwilling to pay a hefty compensation package to secure their new boss.

Hart joined Charlton in June after an unsuccessful 11-game stint in charge at Swindon Town.

The Reds have said they are eager to appoint their new manager before their next Championship fixture, against Coventry City, on Saturday, 15 October........................... they are not in a position to pay out to replace ex-boss Steve McClaren,
they are are understood to be unable or unwilling to pay a hefty compensation package to secure their new boss.

So all those unemployed hasbeen managers will be living in hope that their job applications will prove fruitfull.

Over 40 applied so I hear.

Club really is in the shit, the chuckle brothers ( Nigel Doughty and his lapdog Mark Arthur ) are doing their level best to destroy the club.

Club really is in the shit, the chuckle brothers ( Nigel Doughty and his lapdog Mark Arthur ) are doing their level best to destroy the club.

I mean this without wishing to annoy you, but our stint in league 1 was a blessing in disguise. I am one of the few who was grateful for what Mandaric did for us but a lot weren't. You may end up in a similar position to us if Doughty can managed to pull off a Mandaric sale.

I mean this without wishing to annoy you, but our stint in league 1 was a blessing in disguise. I am one of the few who was grateful for what Mandaric did for us but a lot weren't. You may end up in a similar position to us if Doughty can managed to pull off a Mandaric sale.

I seem to remember him saying that he is funding an annual £12,000,000 hole in their finances out of his own pocket. I can't see anyone leaping to buy them until that money haemorrhage is stopped...which would mean going down is almost definite through a linked points deduction and getting shot of the high wage earners.

I seem to remember him saying that he is funding an annual £12,000,000 hole in their finances out of his own pocket. I can't see anyone leaping to buy them until that money haemorrhage is stopped...which would mean going down is almost definite through a linked points deduction and getting shot of the high wage earners.

Wasn't Mandaric funding a similar hole for us?

Took us three years ( and Leeds being deducted 15 points ) to get out and it has done us no good whatsoever. Until the Chuckle Bros go then nothing will change

Took us three years ( and Leeds being deducted 15 points ) to get out and it has done us no good whatsoever. Until the Chuckle Bros go then nothing will change

I don't think you understand. We are suggesting you go down again. :icon_wink

Talksport mentioned that Forest are seeking permission to talk to Cloughie at Derby. Story in the Mirror.
If they can't afford Hart, can't see Cloughie being any cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669