McClaren resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
What financial constraints? They have spent a lot under him. This is not the bankrupt Portsmouth of 2 years ago.

His record at Championship level with Portsmouth, Stoke and Burnley is very poor. No idea why chairmen keep hiring him at this level, he's a good manager in League Two but is clearly out of his depth in the Championship.

They have 21 senior players. The majority of them have been there for a few years now. They are hardly big spenders, and have downsized each year.

They have 21 senior players. The majority of them have been there for a few years now. They are hardly big spenders, and have downsized each year.

Cotteril has had money to spend and has spent it. If he wants a small squad and spend the money on a few players to build an XI rather than space the money out to build a squad that's his choice.

Ask Burnley or Stoke fans what they think of him and they'll say he was crap too. Did a good job in League Two with Cheltenham and Notts County, but's his level. He's just not a Championship standard manager.

I never said he was a good manager. Just considering he didn't get Portsmouth relegated last year with all their off the field problems means he did an ok job

They had a squad which had just come down from the Premier League! Half their squad were either proven Premier League players or proven top rate Championship players. Not getting that side relegated should not be considered an achievement.

Last edited:
He's a gumbie

A glorious mediocre Mr Average no-hoper gumbie

And for that, we should all rejoice in his appointment

He's no [select one from the following]Craig Levein, Ian Holloway, Paulo Sousa, Martin Allen[/select one from the following]

He's no Gary Megson.

Although I hope he is as good for Forest as Megson was.

Last edited:
When I was younger I always used to confuse Steve Coppell and Steve Cotterill, I wonder if that Forest board have done the same.

8 pages?

Anyone would think that we care...

Nope only 2 pages here, does that mean we don't care or do we just care a bit less? I need to know, is this 2 pages of pashun or 8 pages of 'I need to reset my posts/page' cus I don't want to let the lads down, they're training hard you know and I'd hate it to be my fault.

**** me that took a long time to type

Dear God in heaven, what are these dickheads doing to my beloved Forest. Devastated absolutely devastated.

Make the pain go away.

Dear God in heaven, what are these dickheads doing to my beloved Forest. Devastated absolutely devastated.

Make the pain go away.

It has only just begun. :icon_wink

Wow, I'm surprised at the amount of vitriol towards Steve Cotterill.
A few seasons ago when he was (supposedly) one of the many in the frame for our club, I thought yes please.

(Then again, when it was announced that we had a certain Peter Taylor as our new manager I was chuffed as feck. Those feelings didn't last long :()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669