Me and Beaumont on the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naughty Fox said:
Fox Fan said:
Teeno said:
At 7.30 this morning me and Beaumont fox were interviewed on radio Leicester about the Sit in idea.

I am taking the praise for the idea :) And BF and her boyfriend have helped get it going. We were giving our opinions and why we are against the idea, we also advertised the sit in, and why we think fans should do it.

A lot of people have spent a lot of time printing off posters and leaflets to try and save our home So Tommorow please please please just stay behind for 15 minutes and let the board know how we fell!!!

From reading various forums I have gathered that the majority of fans are against the idea, don't just accept it, try and change it. We need you now more than ever! A football club is nothing without it support.

Whats your problem with it? Most people on here are for it - people on Foxes Talk wont undersatnd the finace side of this, we already know that the club are in some finacal trouble, and there have been problems getting companies to but sponsership, boxs or advitising. Therefore the Tigers will allow better sales of such. They will sell packages for the boxes so companies can make teh best of the arangements?

This sit in is stupid - im going to boo you lot!

Fox Fan, please take your little spat with Teeno elsewere, you only want him to bite and I for one are really bored with it :roll:
I do not see most people on here being for it (check out joe's poll), you are entitled to your opinion, and if Teeno and co want a sit in that's there's.

Yeah, by poll says that 53% (over half) of the voters are against the plans, of which 47% are strongly against! Do your research first.

Only 25 votes against/strongly against to 22 neutral to strongly for the ground share, this is hardly a majority though.

homer said:
You're getting engaged to Spencer Prior in Rotherham ?

F*ckin' hell.

Best wishes to the both of you. I know you'll be very happy together

Wonder if they are having it in the Bailey Suite next to the multi-stori, im sure one of rothers many characters such as Mad Bob, or bubba will be hanging round there, they usually are, insulting newly wed couples.

Naughty Fox said:
Fox Fan said:
Teeno said:
At 7.30 this morning me and Beaumont fox were interviewed on radio Leicester about the Sit in idea.

I am taking the praise for the idea :) And BF and her boyfriend have helped get it going. We were giving our opinions and why we are against the idea, we also advertised the sit in, and why we think fans should do it.

A lot of people have spent a lot of time printing off posters and leaflets to try and save our home So Tommorow please please please just stay behind for 15 minutes and let the board know how we fell!!!

From reading various forums I have gathered that the majority of fans are against the idea, don't just accept it, try and change it. We need you now more than ever! A football club is nothing without it support.

Whats your problem with it? Most people on here are for it - people on Foxes Talk wont undersatnd the finace side of this, we already know that the club are in some finacal trouble, and there have been problems getting companies to but sponsership, boxs or advitising. Therefore the Tigers will allow better sales of such. They will sell packages for the boxes so companies can make teh best of the arangements?

Fox Fan, please take your little spat with Teeno elsewere, you only want him to bite and I for one are really bored with it :roll:
I do not see most people on here being for it (check out joe's poll), you are entitled to your opinion, and if Teeno and co want a sit in that's there's.

its a perfectly valid point, if they want to express their opions by all means do so, but heck don't expect me not to view mine - is that alright with you sir?

I was simply pointing out good reasons why it meakes sense and heck lets face it no one on foxes talk is going to do the maths of it all like our dear webmaster is - is that bit ok with you?

Oh yeah and in addition to that let me say that if i want an argument withsome you will sure as hell know it - alright!

What makes you say the club are in financial trouble?

I don't hear Davies et al saying this...

Cobbo said:
What makes you say the club are in financial trouble?

I don't hear Davies et al saying this...

The club will not be in financial trouble whether the ground share goes ahead or not.

Its likely to affect the long term quality of the squad though

All those that vote against the ground share should donate ten quid a week for life, to LCFC.

step said:
All those that vote against the ground share should donate ten quid a week for life, to LCFC.

Great idea, turn us into a charity and remove any dignity the club has left :lol: Lee Marshall for treasurer :?

Bobby Smith said:
step said:

Great idea, turn us into a charity and remove any dignity the club has left :lol: Lee Marshall for treasurer :?

I don't think it was charity, more payment by way of compensation. :wink: Perhaps the club should tell the fans what things would cost at the ground if this deal did not come off and we wanted the same income levels.

Some might think twice then. :wink:

Well i certainly won't be involved in the sit-in tomorrow and i have a feeling that it will be a minority not a majority sat on their arses.

I think some people really need to let go of this perception that our tradition and history will be tarnished.

And for christ sake does it really matter what colour the F*kin seats are! They are to sit on during the game not to look at.

worcesterfox said:
And for christ sake does it really matter what colour the F*kin seats are! They are to sit on during the game not to look at.

With our crowds they're hardly invisible.

Joe_Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:
Fox Fan said:
Teeno said:

Yeah, by poll says that 53% (over half) of the voters are against the plans, of which 47% are strongly against! Do your research first.

My guess is that the vast majority of fans are in favour of the idea. Obviously in a situation like this it is going to be the vociferous anti minority who will express their views most actively. Of course they are entitled to their opinions but it is negative attitudes like this which attempts to stop progress of any sort - this idea may or may not come to fruition but its a possible way forward to see a Leicester City more viable to compete at a higher level.

I sometimes think that there are some people on this forum who would rather have 11,000 all singing & chanting diehards in a slum stadium watching third rate football than seeing Leicester City being a successful team attracting a wide cross section of the community. I understand where they are coming from - basically its sort of 'we don't care how crap it is as long as its totally ours' - but I also think its quite sad.

i want LOTS of answers to questions that peoople have asked before i look at this as a good idea.
i'm not one of the 'kids' from foxesTalk who can't grasp the money side of things,i am genuinely concerned about the financial aspects of all this and want to know as much of the details as possible(which is why i'm going to the open meeting on Thursday) and i don't think saying that those who ARE agianst are only like that because they don't want to sit on a green seat!! that is trivialising the whole thing.

two things:

i want to know why in August when they were talking about how well things were going financially and that everything was going to plan with the repayments on the lease etc.............if they were working on this deal SIX months ago then why try and cover it up by saying everything is going to plan and yet turn round and tell us the clubs future DEPENDS on this deal going through???

from what i have understood(i'm sure someone can correct me if i've got things mixed up-there's that many money figures being bandied about!!)

the tigers have said it would cost them over £18 million to redevelop the NEXT and Crumbie Stands.... and it would still only have a capacity of roughly 22k.(from Mr.Tom on the radio Thursday)
and it would be a huge amount of difference with the figure they would have to put into this scheme to buy half of the ground. now, as i understand it, WE will still be paying money to end the lease so does this mean that WE won't actually be putting any money forward but the Tigers will be the ones putting in the capital??
and if this IS the case, then that would make the Tigers have MORE rights as to what goes on at the WS than LCFC, because technically, they would OWN their share,whereas we would only be TENANTS.(because we would still be paying our share off)

i don't want to be sitting here in 10 years time reflecting on this as if it were a mistake. i'd rather be enjoying the fact that we are a top 6 Premiership side(i can hope!!) OR saying that when this had happened at least the Club listened to ALL the concerns of the fans and made sure that LCFC had done everything the best way it could. THAT'S what i want to be saying.

beaumontfox said:
i want LOTS of answers to questions that peoople have asked before i look at this as a good idea.
i'm not one of the 'kids' from foxesTalk who can't grasp the money side of things,i am genuinely concerned about the financial aspects of all this and want to know as much of the details as possible(which is why i'm going to the open meeting on Thursday) and i don't think saying that those who ARE agianst are only like that because they don't want to sit on a green seat!! that is trivialising the whole thing.

two things:

i want to know why in August when they were talking about how well things were going financially and that everything was going to plan with the repayments on the lease etc.............if they were working on this deal SIX months ago then why try and cover it up by saying everything is going to plan and yet turn round and tell us the clubs future DEPENDS on this deal going through???

from what i have understood(i'm sure someone can correct me if i've got things mixed up-there's that many money figures being bandied about!!)

the tigers have said it would cost them over £18 million to redevelop the NEXT and Crumbie Stands.... and it would still only have a capacity of roughly 22k.(from Mr.Tom on the radio Thursday)
and it would be a huge amount of difference with the figure they would have to put into this scheme to buy half of the ground. now, as i understand it, WE will still be paying money to end the lease so does this mean that WE won't actually be putting any money forward but the Tigers will be the ones putting in the capital??
and if this IS the case, then that would make the Tigers have MORE rights as to what goes on at the WS than LCFC, because technically, they would OWN their share,whereas we would only be TENANTS.(because we would still be paying our share off)

i don't want to be sitting here in 10 years time reflecting on this as if it were a mistake. i'd rather be enjoying the fact that we are a top 6 Premiership side(i can hope!!) OR saying that when this had happened at least the Club listened to ALL the concerns of the fans and made sure that LCFC had done everything the best way it could. THAT'S what i want to be saying.

1) I imagine we are keeping up with payments and the reason our future depends on it, although dramatic probably means that our future will be considerably brighter as a result of the groundshare. This will be as a result of the increased financial security and the overall increase in marketing potential.

2)Im not sure of the figures but i am sure that neither us or tigers would enter into any deal by which one of the two could be removed completely before the stadiums useful life ends. (e.g. minimum 25 yrs.) I am sure there will be contractural sercurities in place to ensure there will no possibility of anyone being out of home/pocket.

after speaking to Tim Davies for about 1/2 hour in the 1884 Bar before the game, i can confirm he is genuinely concerned that the fans accept this as the best way forward for the Club.

he did his best to allay many of the fears that i and my friend Dee(Robsdee on here) have over this, and in some bits did so, but in others there is still doubts.

just a couple of things to share with you all- he did tell us that the Tigers don't have the funds for this themselves-they are having to take a significantly sized loan out to cover their contribution to this scheme.

and the initial outlay into 'rebranding' and everything will be very expensive. but IF this goes ahead, then they would speak to Walkers about providing the funds for it as the Club feel that with the extra exposure they would receive it would make sense for them to contribute as well.

Dear beaumont Fox

I doubt Tim Davies told you anything like that. All negotiations would be strictly confidential and letting out a point that Tigers are skint would seriously damage his position.

Come to think of it I know sevearal Tim Davies, which one should I quote?

Purplehaze said:
Dear beaumont Fox

I doubt Tim Davies told you anything like that. All negotiations would be strictly confidential and letting out a point that Tigers are skint would seriously damage his position.

Whether or not I agree with beaumontfox, I would never question beaumontfox's sincerity or integrity. :wink:

Purplehaze said:
Dear beaumont Fox

oh so i imagined him saying that then?
i'm sorry to disappoint you but he DID tell me and Robsdee that(and there's a couple of people on here who know Dee personally so they can ask her if they want)

why on earth would i make up something like that when it can be easily proved if he said it or not?

i don't appreciate being called a liar thank you very much.

ps i never said he said the Tigers were skint!! i said he told us that they would need to take a loan out to cover it.. that doesn't mean they are skint, it means they don't want to put all the immediate funds which they do have ( i should've put they didn't have the entire amount)into this, it would be like them having a mortgage as well.

Fox fan you're just another one of those who see $ signs, and have no feeling what so ever for LCFC.

Does identity, individuality, pride, sence of belonging and having our own home mean nothing to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669