Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a gut reaction but I am gutted at the appointment of Megson. MA2 got me excited about my football team for the first time in I don't know when. I can't see Megson doing the same thing. Liek the rest of you, I love Taggart for everything that he did at this club but what experience does he have in helping manage a football team? How depressiong to read this after such a good England match.

This is just a gut reaction but I am gutted at the appointment of Megson. MA2 got me excited about my football team for the first time in I don't know when. I can't see Megson doing the same thing. Liek the rest of you, I love Taggart for everything that he did at this club but what experience does he have in helping manage a football team? How depressiong to read this after such a good England match.

If he promises to see the team outside unless they win the game... he will have done his job :icon_wink

All the bollocks about why MA was sacked just fades away now. Its obvious why he was sacked, he wasnt the nodding dog that Milan 'ive got the money so dont question my decisions' Mandaric wanted. ****in Megson, honestly.

Megson has a reputation of falling out with players and totally freezing them out of the squad. The one good thing is that we have a big squad at the moment so after 3 weeks he should still have at least 11 to pick from. Apparently he has problems with foriegn players who cant communicate with him, so that doesn't look good for the ones that MM signed. Style of play isn't enthralling either, and that's come from WBA supporters who worshiped him when he got them up but detested him when he couldn't adapt to the better class of football. Very one dimensional in his style of play. Be very interesting to see what he achieves for us, not sure how many games he'll have to prove himself. Mind you MM can pick the side for him if it gets to difficult for him.

Was it Megson who invited the fans into the dressing room?

All the bollocks about why MA was sacked just fades away now. Its obvious why he was sacked, he wasnt the nodding dog that Milan 'ive got the money so dont question my decisions' Mandaric wanted. ****in Megson, honestly.

Well I don't think we'll ever know, and I do agree with Nottingham that we need to give him a chance, it's just that it was looking so promising. Just imagine what Megson would write if he had to do a 'manager speaks' post on the OS every couple of days. Might be along the lines of "they're a great bunch of lads"...Oh god no. Nothing can be worse than Kelly?!

if this is true we will soon be challenging Covscum

for the ugliest manager in the championship

Well I don't think we'll ever know, and I do agree with Nottingham that we need to give him a chance, it's just that it was looking so promising. Just imagine what Megson would write if he had to do a 'manager speaks' post on the OS every couple of days. Might be along the lines of "they're a great bunch of lads"...Oh god no. Nothing can be worse than Kelly?!

It was looking very promising, we had a manager who looked like he cared and knew what he was doing for the first time since MON.

'Theyre a great bunch of lads' 'We've done well but we can do better' 'We've got to take the positives' 'The system doesnt matter, its the results that count but if we lose, at least theres positives we can take'

Still Steve McClaren looks like he might have accidentally stumbled upon a good team so I spose there might be hope.

When at WBA he use to slag the fans who were boooing him, and said than they didn't know what football is about. Can see him writing on the OS without MM checking it first, so that he doesn't upset the fans.

Gary Megson is in serious discussions with us. Milan Mandaric has confirmed he is talking to him about the vacant managers position.

Thats all it said.

i wonder if MM will take note of the fans views like he claims to have done with Warnock

Who would have thought that Heskey could be effective again? But that's going off topic. Can someone summarise what was said on sky for us that don't have it? Cheers! :)

Would be really funny if someone else was appointed. Check us all out getting upset! Oh, and thanks for the summary. Bit late in posting.

Last edited:
i wonder if MM will take note of the fans views like he claims to have done with Warnock

I doubt it, and tbh he shouldn't. It's his club, he should appoint who he feels is right for the club.

Even if we had appointed Jewell, there would have still been people out there moaning. He's in a no win situation.

It isn't obvious why he was sacked to me. What makes you say that?

Please explain why you think Megson is a 'nodding dog'.
I could accuse him of a lot of things, but 'nodding dog' wouldn't be a phrase that comes to mind.

I doubt it, and tbh he shouldn't. It's his club, he should appoint who he feels is right for the club.

Even if we had appointed Jewell, there would have still been people out there moaning. He's in a no win situation.

If we had appointed any of the leading managerial lights, probably barring MON for all he had already done here, there would be moaning...:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669