Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

Baby_ginger_monkey.jpg

Nottingham Fox

Why should we suddenly like someone we've never liked before, just because he might become our manager?

I might change my mind about him if he changes the way he works and is successful, but he has to earn it.

I'm not asking us to like him, love him or whatever, but let's atleast give the guy a chance ffs. The way the talk has been about him as so far has been all negative.

He deserves a fresh start here, so let him have that and judge him on our results and our results only. He's done nothing to warrant the level of criticism he's recieved off of here so far.

If he fails, then fair enough give him shit. So far he hasn't done that, so IMO the shit he's getting NOW needs to stop.

spenno

I'm not asking us to like him, love him or whatever, but let's atleast give the guy a chance ffs. The way the talk has been about him as so far has been all negative.

He deserves a fresh start here, so let him have that and judge him on our results and our results only. He's done nothing to warrant the level of criticism he's recieved off of here so far.

If he fails, then fair enough give him shit. So far he hasn't done that, so IMO the shit he's getting NOW needs to stop.

I don't think most people are saying "we're not giving him a chance". They're just airing their current feelings about the guy. What's wrong with that?!

Everyone deserves a fresh start - and with Speedie in mind, I think us Leicester fans can especially appreciate that!

Lako42

I don't think most people are saying "we're not giving him a chance". They're just airing their current feelings about the guy. What's wrong with that?!

Everyone deserves a fresh start - and with Speedie in mind, I think us Leicester fans can especially appreciate that!

This speedie thing comes up every time when we sign or hire someone shit, and from what i remember he's been mentioned a lot this season, says it all.

W88DY

I`ll give Megson 5 games, Milan will know by then if he needs to get rid,
Bring back Martin, all is forgiven.

spenno

This speedie thing comes up every time when we sign or hire someone shit, and from what i remember he's been mentioned a lot this season, says it all.

Oops. I've not seen him mentioned. Thought I was being clever! :)

He was never shit though was he? We just hated him!

Jesus Quintana

Fcuk it. I won't be burning my season ticket. I won't be burning my shirt. I won't be booing. I won't be too happy...but fcuk it...I'll deal with it and get on with it.

SwedeFox

I don't like this at all. Most important question: Can he co-operate (=listen to what Milan says)?

Filthy Rich

Banned
Nottingham Fox and others who think this would be a good appointment are complete imbeciles.

He was sacked after being unable to stop the F*r*st from slipping into the third tier of English football for the first time in 54 years.

'Megson Out' banners were displayed by supporters as F*r*st fell to a 3-0 defeat at Oldham in February 2006

Hostility against him from their supporters had escalated after a run of only one win in the previous 10 matches.

The Reds found themselves only four points above the League One drop zone.

And you reckon he's going to get us promoted!

It makes Martin Allen seem like a lost opportunity to me...

spionfox

Still nothing on the OS. Can anyone confirm that "sources close to..." has confirmed this yet?

Brown Nose

Personally, I've always rated him as a decent manager.

That is until the last couple of years when he appeared to lose the plot a bit. A 37% career win rate is not exactly exciting either.

Don't give a flying feck whether we play like Brazil or Wimbledon as long as we go up.

Undecided. Could have been worse, could have been better. With what we all know, I'd have much rather we still had Allen than Megson. Whatever went on had better have been serious shit and not poxy egos.

homer

It's worse than shit

It's a pile of complete and utter feckin' wank

It's just a living nightmare - the worst choice of any available - even Paul Ince would have been better

And to think that people were celebrating the fact that Warnock wasn't coming :icon_roll

Mighty Fox

Where is this being touted apart from Radio 5 Live ?

Come on folks, it's not Megson for sure yet.

Speaking of "for sure", Gus Hiddinck might be up for grabs after the drubbing by the lions tonight. Is good yeh ?

SJN-Fox

Completely underwhelmed. I guess we'll just have to trust that MM knows what he's doing. Whilst I am totally unable to muster any enthusiasm for this appointment (once confirmed), I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and judge him on results.

SwedeFox

Think I'll go and watch Premier League classics from 97/98 instead, tell me when the deal is done. You know, Milan won't accept him not achieving good results.

And yes, it's good news Taggart is there.

Last edited:

No.6 Muzzy Izzet...

I don't want Megson. But it seems he is our new manager.

so give him a chance and GET BEHIND HIM FOLKS. I'm sure if he's not doing good enough Milan won't be hanging omto him.

I'm happy that Taggart is assistant, could be a dream partnership.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670