Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's all wait for confirmation of roles and responsibilities before we lose the plot...Gerry Taggart is potentially the rabbit out of the hat in terms of passion and acceptability we have all been looking for...best observer of our recent fortunes on Radio Leicester by far...Megson as (short term) Director of Football to help guide Gerry on his way...or am i just a being optimistic?

At the end of the day there has been little in the way of forum bile directed Megson's way in recent days...he's done it before with the Baggies (don't like the miserable twat much myself and my Forest supporting mates will piss themselves) but as many have said before MM's way is to try it out and if it doesn't work change it...I feel a change in the air already.. however the Gerry factor is not hurting me one bit...... a bit dazed by it all like the rest of us but will fly back from Stockholm this Saturday morning to cheer us on whoever's in charge..

the BBC are the only ones reporting this so far no mention on sky

Nottingham Fox and others who think this would be a good appointment are complete imbeciles.

He was sacked after being unable to stop the F*r*st from slipping into the third tier of English football for the first time in 54 years.

'Megson Out' banners were displayed by supporters as F*r*st fell to a 3-0 defeat at Oldham in February 2006

Hostility against him from their supporters had escalated after a run of only one win in the previous 10 matches.

The Reds found themselves only four points above the League One drop zone.

And you reckon he's going to get us promoted!

It makes Martin Allen seem like a lost opportunity to me...

twat... are they not entitled to their own opinion?

Looking forward to some exciting times? – I don’t think so… if his record at F*r*st is anything to go by: 59 games , won 17. Before that WBA 221 games , won 94 & Stoke 22 games won 9. No better than MA had achieved. Will give him a chance though, but don’t think he will be on MMs Christmas card list.

Nottingham Fox and others who think this would be a good appointment are complete imbeciles.

He was sacked after being unable to stop the F*r*st from slipping into the third tier of English football for the first time in 54 years.

'Megson Out' banners were displayed by supporters as F*r*st fell to a 3-0 defeat at Oldham in February 2006

Hostility against him from their supporters had escalated after a run of only one win in the previous 10 matches.

we didn't say we dont like him but you have to give him a chance :102:

Last edited by a moderator:
Filthy Rich said:

Boy Genius said:
twat... are they not entitled to their own opinion?

Yes, but they've just been further downgraded to morons along with you....

Last edited by a moderator:

Lets stick to the FACTS .... I have not once said he's a good appointment. I have requested we at least give him a chance. What went on before, has happened, it's now a fresh start.

When he joined Forest on 10th January 2005, the club were already 7 points adrift of safety. It was never going to be an easy task to keep them up. When he was relieved of his duties in February 2006, he left them in 13th position. No a complete disaster IMO.

I have got no problem with getting on his case if he does a poor job, but all this abuse before he's even been given a shot at the job is IMO a disgrace.

Where is this being touted apart from Radio 5 Live ?

Come on folks, it's not Megson for sure yet.

Speaking of "for sure", Gus Hiddinck might be up for grabs after the drubbing by the lions tonight. Is good yeh ?

Someone told me that they have seen it on ceefax/teletex, but i suppose that is still connected to the bbc.:confused:

When he joined Forest on 10th January 2005, the club were already 7 points adrift of safety. It was never going to be an easy task to keep them up. When he was relieved of his duties in February 2006, he left them in 13th position. No a complete disaster IMO.

He wasn't sacked by f*r*st, he resigned, because he recognised how badly he was doing.

the BBC are the only ones reporting this so far no mention on sky

Nothing on their text service, but has been mentioned in a news bulletin.

Was also on East Midlands today about 25 minutes.

Sounds like Rudkin & co will remain in charge for Saturdays game. Megson and Taggert unveiled to the crowd on Saturday, and 1st official game in charge will be Forest on Tuesday.

Hmmm - would have been about 20th on my list, well behind MA2. But if true, then its ' Gerry Taggart's Blue & White Army' !!!!

He wasn't sacked by f*r*st, he resigned, because he recognised how badly he was doing.

Ok, mis read my information.

I suppose you can only do so much with a shit football team, hey ? :icon_wink

In all honesty i think this is as good as we could hope for.

Don't get me wrong, i'm far from thrilled, but given that we just recently sacked a manager after 4 meaningful games, Its too late to make changes to the squad, and any new manager is likely to have little input on signings in January, i think its safe to say we are not an attractive job to anybody that WE would consider worthy. :(

Living where I live I've had a dozen phone calls already tonight with tree fans laughing their heads off and telling me to get ready for the most boring 90 mins every Sat. And they hope it's a short term appointment or we will be joining them instead of getting promotion.
Very unhappy if this appointment is confirmed although it's nice that Taggs is involved with the club again.

I haven't seen so many shit-fits since I took a wrong turn a couple of weeks ago and ended up in the 3rd annual Colostomy-Epilepsy Fair...

Is it an inspiring choice? Not really. Is it a disaster? Not really. Has it happened yet? No. But if it does, it is a new adventure to go on, for good or ill...

The guy has got experience of getting out of the championship. We do not know the situation at Forest when he got relegated (Other than it was ****ing funny...) I have read recently (On newsnow somewhere, but was about a week ago and I can't be arsed to find the link) that he had shaft-all money and took over a squad that was already struggling. Megson would not be taking over in similar circumstances here.

I am definitely going to give him a chance if he gets the job. He is certainly not the worst choice in my opinion as that dubious honour would fall on the shoulders of Glen Roeder, who has had nothing but poor results whenever he has been manager of a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669