Message from the Chairman

Nah. The statement stinks. The more I read it the less I like it. It’s riddled with missteps and if it’s a signal of the next year I’m very concerned. Missed opportunity at least.

I’ve defended Top, sure I will again. I don’t think he’s a bad bloke, just an unqualified one.

Whoever wrote this can be added to the pile of incompetent fools that have made so many errors over the last 12 months.

The way the statement flows I think it's where I expected the usual guff about continued investment, getting the right staff to get us back up generic stuff going forward to be. Quite weird to read it. It's all about the past glories, we've done all this great work (then let it come undone) anthen a surprisingly brief "I'm still interested" bit followed with "you're a bunch of ****s.....but not all of you"

The way the statement flows I think it's where I expected the usual guff about continued investment, getting the right staff to get us back up generic stuff going forward to be. Quite weird to read it. It's all about the past glories, we've done all this great work (then let it come undone) anthen a surprisingly brief "I'm still interested" bit followed with "you're a bunch of ****s.....but not all of you"
None of which is untrue. Especially the ****s bit. I should know.

People will find what they want to fit their agenda… there is no point going over it. You just feed them.
Or, just a thought, someone is sharing their expertise on an approach that looks to be a strategic mistake. The latest in a long line of them. Isn’t the fact that there is so much back and forth about it prove that the message is unclear?

Again, I’m not one to bury Top, I’ve been pretty clear on that before. I have a LOT of sympathy for him. I don’t think the abuse is fair or correct - though he certainly has some serious questions to answer.

Genuine question….
How does this statement help unite the club and move it forward?

The only agenda I have is wanting the best for our football club.

I’ve never understood the sympathy for our owner as the man who runs our club. To say he’s unqualified for it would be like saying Hurricane Katrina brought with it a drop of rain. He doesn’t deserve to be graded on a curve because he experienced personal tragedy. He is responsible for how he runs our club.

But he could have acknowledged his failings. He could have even apologized for what has happened to the club. He could have expressed some humility - even if he didn’t mean it. But no, instead a reminder of the good times his family bestowed upon us and then a fancy worded tantrum I would expect from a six year old. We/I did so much for you and now you’re being mean to me and I’m upset.

****ing grow a set. Jesus Christ. You’re in the world of big business, grow up!

Who would you like instead? Should he sell up?

I think for him personally he should be looking to do that. He's ended up with the club by fate rather than choice and hasn't really been fit/Interested enough to run it. I've sympathy with him but we are the incontinent dog he's had to take on due to a bereavement and he can't bare to let go.

From the club's side of things. A ****ing minefield getting new owners. Could be grand, could be shit. If it's going to be shit anyway I'd be tempted with a change, even though shit could be worse shit than this lot would be capable of. Someone give me the money and I'll buy the club, problem solved.

Or, just a thought, someone is sharing their expertise on an approach that looks to be a strategic mistake. The latest in a long line of them. Isn’t the fact that there is so much back and forth about it prove that the message is unclear?

Again, I’m not one to bury Top, I’ve been pretty clear on that before. I have a LOT of sympathy for him. I don’t think the abuse is fair or correct - though he certainly has some serious questions to answer.

Genuine question….

So best to keep quiet on abuse as you don’t want to upset people… let’s pretend we’re one happy family…

I read it as we’ve had some good times, it’s gone shit, but I’m here and we’ll get through it, regardless of the abuse I know the majority of fans are behind us…

i suppose what I’m trying to say is this:

Every single thing that the club does and says over the next 9 weeks should be towards the aim of fixing what has gone wrong. That’s it.

I don’t think this statement achieves that end.

So best to keep quiet on abuse as you don’t want to upset people… let’s pretend we’re one happy family…

I read it as we’ve had some good times, it’s gone shit, but I’m here and we’ll get through it, regardless of the abuse I know the majority of fans are behind us…
Doesn’t answer the question though. How does it help to solve our problems?

Every time I read it it gets worse.

Not a single ****ing apology or acceptance of his role in this almighty **** up.

Just some bollocks about what they’ve achieved in the past…wah wah I’ve had some abuse…and we’ll try to get back.

It really is a pitiful load of bollocks.

A statement at this point doesn’t need to do this. He explained our journey and pointed out that this isn’t the end of it.

I’m sure there is more to come.
It’s our first official communication with the chairman in absolutely ages. A rare opportunity.

If you are so regularly silent the things you do say count more.

Here’s Leeds’ statement in contrast. Note the apology, the acknowledgement that they’ve ****ed up, and the reassurance that they’re going to sort it out. I’d much rather read this than the bollocks Top has spouted.

—————

Everyone connected with Leeds United is deeply disappointed by the club’s relegation back to the Sky Bet Championship, after three seasons in the Premier League.

Relegation is painful, and we apologise to our fanbase that the performances this season have not seen the club consolidate our status as we had all hoped.

However, Leeds United remains in a strong position to build a team that can challenge for promotion from the Championship next season.

We know things have not been good enough, we know we have to improve, but please be assured that behind the scenes we have worked hard to ensure that the past will not be repeated. Our focus is now on how we get straight back to the Premier League.

Thank you for your unwavering support for the players and the badge, our objective is to continue to build the club into the one you deserve.

Doesn’t answer the question though. How does it help to solve our problems?

It doesn’t, because one statement
isn’t going to do that.

I read it as him giving his opinion and to underline he is here for the long haul.

Let’s see what happens over the next 9 weeks, hopefully these words are backed up with serious action.

Every time I read it it gets worse.

Not a single ****ing apology or acceptance of his role in this almighty **** up.

Just some bollocks about what they’ve achieved in the past…wah wah I’ve had some abuse…and we’ll try to get back.

It really is a pitiful load of bollocks.

Just stop reading it if it upsets you that much… :)

Here’s Leeds’ statement in contrast. Note the apology, the acknowledgement that they’ve ****ed up, and the reassurance that they’re going to sort it out. I’d much rather read this than the bollocks Top has spouted.

—————

Everyone connected with Leeds United is deeply disappointed by the club’s relegation back to the Sky Bet Championship, after three seasons in the Premier League.

Relegation is painful, and we apologise to our fanbase that the performances this season have not seen the club consolidate our status as we had all hoped.

However, Leeds United remains in a strong position to build a team that can challenge for promotion from the Championship next season.

We know things have not been good enough, we know we have to improve, but please be assured that behind the scenes we have worked hard to ensure that the past will not be repeated. Our focus is now on how we get straight back to the Premier League.

Thank you for your unwavering support for the players and the badge, our objective is to continue to build the club into the one you deserve.

I mean talk about a media agency press release… I’d be surprised if the ownership at Leeds even saw this before it was published…

Genuine question….

You're absolutely spot on MA. Expressing the truth without the anger clear in my posts.

It's simply staggering that this is what he thinks is appropriate right now. I'd rather he not bother at all than send out a message that lacking in humility and learning.

The reality is that he probably had nothing to do with writing it anyway. That's the kindest interpretation I can make. He has people that do his media communications via the programme. He just puts his name to it. I wouldn't be surprised if the comments about him being criticised were put in by his 'yes people' in order to ingratiate them to him. Fawning idiots saying 'don't say mean things about my cash cow'.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663