Message from the Chairman

How dare he write this? This is classic PR from team Ndidi.

They would have sat around the table and used a thesaurus to con the fans of the true meaning of the statement. In the third sentence he uses the word ‘invested’ to remind fans of the hardships of inflation and the financial mess that the club is in. In the fourth sentence he mentions ‘support’, referring to the teacher’s strikes and deflecting from his performances.

We can see similar messages in Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men and in William Shakespeare’s Sonnet 18.

I’m conclusion, in no way can it possibly be a genuine message and must be dissected using my expertise in cynicism and drivel.

He was the worst of the lot. Half hearted and couldn't care less. If we don't see him again it's not a moment to soon.
I don't buy this. Something much more than 'switching off' has happened with Ndidi. He's just not looked right since his last long layoff. He's been in and out of the team under Rodgers with no consistency whatsoever which didn't help but I just get the sense something more is going on with him in terms of mental health. He was a Rolls Royce of a player and now he's a shadow of a memory of a forgettable Coldplay lyric of that. I don't think it's about care; he looked absolutely broken at the end of the Villa game; almost devastated. He cares.

Whatever it is, I wouldn't let him go. If we can sort out what is causing his monumental fall and get even half the player back, he'll be a massive asset in The Championship.

Fair play that's spot on really. Just facts.

Vardy has been awful this season. Our highest paid player and he's just let us down badly. He's either past it or been unacceptably bad. The decision he takes now on whether or not to play out his final year will tell me about him as a man and a professional.

I hope he retires. If he stays on next season, it will be really, really, painful viewing.

Vardy has been awful this season. Our highest paid player and he's just let us down badly. He's either past it or been unacceptably bad. The decision he takes now on whether or not to play out his final year will tell me about him as a man and a professional.

I hope he retires. If he stays on next season, it will be really, really, painful viewing.
You don’t think he can do a 30 odd half a game and then switch with Daka, both playing alongside Nacho hopefully?

No. He was thrown to the wolves by Rodgers. He wasn't given the support he needed. It was clear he was angry and wanted to speak out when Rodgers was sent packing but he didn't. I hope he stays and ifnl he does, he'll be a big threat for us under a proper manager next season. If we hire Smith or one of the other lasers we've been looking at, he may as well pack his bags and be on his way to a club who will appreciate him.

How very radical.

Perhaps (and obviously totally off the wall) we could even give the two strikers a supply line too?
Nah. We only did that once and it worked. Vardy looked back to his old self. Why the **** would we do it again?

How very radical.

Perhaps (and obviously totally off the wall) we could even give the two strikers a supply line too?
Remember when Vardy would stay up front as a target if we conceeded and cleared a corner?
Now he's (presumaby told) to stand next to the front post - to try an head it away - to no-man's-land

Remember when Vardy would stay up front as a target if we conceeded and cleared a corner?
Now he's (presumaby told) to stand next to the front post - to try an head it away - to no-man's-land
Yep. Sick and ****ing tired of reading and hearing our team or certain individuals are shit when most of them aren’t at all.

That **** Rodgers destroyed this team.

Yep. Sick and ****ing tired of reading and hearing our team or certain individuals are shit when most of them aren’t at all.

That **** Rodgers destroyed this team.
Yep. It's the easy way out. Vardy, Ndidi, Evans, Ricardo, Barnes, Castagne, Ndidi Thomas, Tielemans.... they're all shit. All of them. All of a sudden. Over night.

Or, they all got so ****ing sick of losing under Rodgers, of being shoehorned into a system that was ludicrous, of being played out of position, of being dropped one week and flavour of the month the next, that they were just ground down to a mulch of players just going through the motions because they had no creative freedom.

They're not shit, they need a ****ing strong manager to shake them back into some sort of shape. It won't be easy.

Yep. It's the easy way out. Vardy, Ndidi, Evans, Ricardo, Barnes, Castagne, Ndidi Thomas, Tielemans.... they're all shit. All of them. All of a sudden. Over night.

Vardy = age has caught up with him
Ndidi = wanted to leave and didn't get fit
Evans = injury ravaged and attitude stank
Ricardo = injury ruined to the extent that he cannot effectively play his position any longer
Barnes = weak personality, fair weather player
Castagne = been trying to leave for a while. Doesn't want to be here
Ndidi = oh him again
Thomas = never a PL player in a million years. Bang average Championship level
Tielemans = wanted to leave for two years. Attitude and fitness questioable

There are two common denominators - inadequate fitness and being here when they didn't want to be.

Over and above everything else that is wrong at City, those two reasons have contributed more than anything. For all his faults, and in many cases he was directly responsible for these things, Rodgers knew it 18 months ago and the club ignored him.

Ricardo = injury ruined to the extent that he cannot effectively play his position any longer
Ndidi = oh him again

There are two common denominators - inadequate fitness and being here when they didn't want to be.

Over and above everything else that is wrong at City, those two reasons have contributed more than anything. For all his faults, and in many cases he was directly responsible for these things, Rodgers knew it 18 months ago and the club ignored him.
You don’t think it the ultimate responsibility of the manager (with his back room staff) to ensure a fitness programme for each and EVERY player is put in place and ADHERED to?

How, if they are all unfit (I agree) were they collectively not ‘licked’ into shape? Perhaps because the manager had lost complete interest?

Rodgers (with his cronies) ****ed up the recruitment strategy when we signed three players who were all woefully inadequate after the club had supported him in not selling anyone close season (first time in yonks). The club should not have given him so much power, but **** me he abused it and ****ed us up.

Once again it is down to the manager to understand the dynamics of the squad overall as well as individually. HE mismanaged individuals and the team collectively to the point where EVERYONE gave up.

What is the common denominator in all this?

Do we have 15-25 shit players or a manager determined to play through his own agenda and leave?

It really is that simple.

I think the point we are all trying to make is the same. We had far too many unmotivated and/or complacent people at the club.

You simply can’t have that at the highest level of any sport and not pay the price.

I think the point we are all trying to make is the same. We had far too many unmotivated and/or complacent people at the club.

You simply can’t have that at the highest level of any sport and not pay the price.
Not all of us MA.

Ndidi = oh him again

Once again as is nearly always the case, you fall into that same old same old of pretending to know what players are thinking or feeling based on snippets you've picked up in two bit journalism and on your street, then trying to convince us that they're factual.

We don't have to buy it. You may think it's the case that age caught up with Vardy over 8 weeks of a summer break. You may think that Ndidi suddenly decided not to bother getting fit or trying because he wanted to leave. You may believe Castagne was desperate to get out yada, yada, yada but the fact is, more likely than not, this is made up nonsense yet again. Even if there was an ounce of truth in any of this drivel, then it's perfectly fair to argue that players wanted to leave because they were being hopelessly mismanaged.

The one factor that remained constant through all of this, the one factor that should have been creating a sense of togetherness and instilling some pride in the team, the one factor who should have seen that players needed using in different ways (or just using, full stop) was Rodgers.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463