Message from the Chairman

The reason I'm cynical about it is because it starts out as you describe. My early assignments were pretty much just tailoring statements so that communications were sensible & devoid of inconsistencies. Making sure that people & organisations sent out information that was intelligible & made them look as professional as possible. Bland stuff.

Trouble is something awful happened. I got to be good at it.

When you get good at it they move you to other things. I ended up being told to draft press statements & corporate responses on behalf of a company who were the subject of legal action for multiple instances of negligence that put people's health & lives at risk. I was told to rubbish the evidence of the people making the claims, question their character, their honesty & even suggest that what happened was their own fault.

The company in question were guilty as sin in every respect. It was horrific. I couldn't stomach it. So I walked out. I also made sure that the people making the claims came into possession of some interesting information. They won their cases & I felt a bit cleaner.

The point is, the higher up the ladder you go the more it stops being just effective use of information & " spin " & becomes manipulation & out & out lies. Cynical is exactly the right word for how I feel about it. Because I can always see when it's at work. The tricks of the trade haven't changed much over the years.
Perhaps he wrote it without reading your book?

How you bounce back? Continue to stick together?

Not sure that's going to be for him to have to worry about.

Or is that overly harsh of me? At least he's said something, I guess. I don't know, hard to separate one of them from another, in terms of where they've all left us, despite their obvious feelings that they were too good for this to happen to them.

"but that's life"... said David Cameron as he resigned, turned his back and whistled a happy tune, having just clusterfucked the UK.

I'm pleased Maddison (for he is no longer Madders) has accepted his fate, knowing he can bounce back when a new nice new offer comes his way. He won't be 'bouncing back' with the rest of us. Age of social media; me me me.

Sorry the hardest? I’m not so sure. I mean antidisestablishmentarianism can cause a few problems.

Granite
Diamond
Millwall

All harder words than sorry.

I don’t need an apology. It won’t bring back the dead. Action… that’s all that matters.

Sorry the hardest? I’m not so sure. I mean antidisestablishmentarianism can cause a few problems.
Probably because people don’t know what it means. I saw someone use it on social media the other week in totally the wrong context.

So can there, their and they're.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664