Michael Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

According to Sky Sports we are looking at a season long loan deal. Seems like we're gonna be Man City II

Skysports.com understands Leicester are closing in on a deal for Manchester City's forgotten midfielder Michael Johnson.

Johnson has endured two injury-hit seasons at City and has slipped way down the pecking order at Etihad Stadium.

The 23-year-old is keen to leave City as he looks to get his career back on track and City are thought to be willing to loan him out.

Wolves and Leeds have both been credited with an interest in Johnson, but Leicester are thought to be favourites for the highly-rated midfielder.

Leicester boss Sven Goran Eriksson is a huge admirer of Johnson having given the player his big break in the City team when he was in charge of the club.

The Championship hopefuls have lined up a move to take Johnson to the King Power Stadium on a season-long loan deal as they look to build a squad capable of winning promotion to the Premier League.

indierich06

At least Sven's going for players he knows fairly extensively, rather than just taking punts on unknown quantities. Although I'd rather have Fernandes than Johnson - I can't see him going for both.

Profondo Rosso

Bloody hell! At this rate, by the time the transfer window closes we are essentially just going to be the Manchester City side of 2008.

city-faithful

I think Johnson would be a great player at this level, and he's young too so it'd definately be a purchase with a view to the future. Gerrimin.

Lako42

No Fernandes then?

Last edited:

Graz

Prefer Fernandes to Johnson, but still think Johnson would be a good signing. I assume we won't sign both.

Profondo Rosso

Let's just hope he stays fit. His injury record rivals Lee Morris'.

Profondo Rosso

Also, this doesn't necessarily mean we won't get Fernandes as well, they're different types of midfielders. Fernandes is more of a holding player.

Graz

Also, this doesn't necessarily mean we won't get Fernandes as well, they're different types of midfielders. Fernandes is more of a holding player.

True. That's the reason I'd prefer we sign Fernandes.

I can't see us signing both unless at least one of the midfielders we've got is on his way. Having 5 centre mids when we start with 3 isn't excessive, but 6 might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669