Michael Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

MidlandsFox

Banned
I don't see how we could drop a midfielder who scored 15 goals last season and was generally excellent. I can see improving even more this season, especially considering he will have better players around him.

Last season means nothing now, its what happens this season that counts and Johnson is far better than King when fit.

sparky79

Great signing if fit. presents us with a big pot of players to choose from in midfield though.
Johnson, Abe, Danns, Wellens, King (Gelson). Potentially six very good standard centre mids there. Danns is the only one i can see playing wide right or left if needed.
Better than we had Jason Jarrett and Stephen Hughes in midfield!

indierich06

Can you send somebody back who is on a 1-year loan deal? Genuine question - I don't know the answer.

I'm pretty sure that as the loaning club we can terminate the loan at any time we like. Man City would be able to recall him too, unless there was a fee paid by the loaning club i.e. us.

MidlandsFox

Banned
I'm pretty sure that as the loaning club we can terminate the loan at any time we like. Man City would be able to recall him too, unless there was a fee paid by the loaning club i.e. us.

Like I said before it depends on what the clauses are, in the contractual agreement between the 2 clubs.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

The last bit is certainly not so. The regulations make it clear that a full-season standard loan can only be recalled during the mid-season window and even then only if a recall clause has been included in the agreement between the two clubs. Payment or otherwise of a fee is totally irrelevant.

No recall can be made on a half-season standard loan.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Like I said before it depends on what the clauses are, in the contractual agreement between the 2 clubs.

We heard what you said before, but the contractual agreement has to be drawn up in accordance with the regs. Clubs can not agree for recalls that are not allowed by the regs. You make it sound as though clubs can agree on any clauses and that is the end of the matter when it certainly is not.

I think we should stop guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670