Michael Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it can get to the point where too many players in one area can be unhealthy, are we there yet? Who knows.

2 players for each position or 17?

Of all the signings so far .... this one doesn't make any sense.

Just google pictures of him! Hes huuuuuuge.

Really talented midfielder, of the Mark Davies ilk, as long as we can keep him fit and injury free then this player will explode the Championship. Arguably one of the best signings we have made this summer if you ask me.

The contrast in football knowledge on this forum is truly amazing!!

Really talented midfielder, of the Mark Davies ilk, as long as we can keep him fit and injury free then this player will explode the Championship. Arguably one of the best signings we have made this summer if you ask me.

:045: But if he doesn't stay off the pies we might need a bigger treatment table.

I still feel we only have four centre midfielders that will be rotated into 3 spots, Abe, King, Wellens and Johnson

I do think the squad is getting too large now. Obviously if you have a chance to improve the squad with players like Johnson you take it, but at some point the players at the bottom of the pecking order become a distraction.

I have a sneaky feeling Wellens may go...but I'm just speculating.

It just seems odd & risky.

Where on earth is the risk? It's a loan, he's not gonna be on massive wages so it's surely worth a punt. If he gets injured or he's a bit of a duffer, send him back. It's the absolute opposite of risky.

Where on earth is the risk? It's a loan, he's not gonna be on massive wages so it's surely worth a punt. If he gets injured or he's a bit of a duffer, send him back. It's the absolute opposite of risky.

I agree although I'm not sure we need him either, especially if we are after Fernandes as well . If it's only a loan though, the injury record doesn't matter so much and we have options in midfield anyway - Danns, Wellens, King, Oakley, Moussa, Abe.

Can you send somebody back who is on a 1-year loan deal? Genuine question - I don't know the answer.

I am certain that Moussa and Oakley won't be considered as first team players.
Sven has said he wants two players in every position. We could end up with two midfield line-ups:

Wellens King Danns

or:

Abe Fernandes Johnson

I wouldn't be able to pick the best three out of that lot.

But then again, the young lad from Spurs is also supposed to be on his way in.

Last edited:
If it happens I wouldn't like Kings chances of regular first team football.

I don't see how we could drop a midfielder who scored 15 goals last season and was generally excellent. I can see improving even more this season, especially considering he will have better players around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669