Mickey's time up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEN3

I'm afraid that Mickey's CV at Leicester does not make for good reading:

1) Lack of judgement in signing players - Hignett, Curtis, Gillespie, Nalis, Howey, Williams, Connolly, Dublin

2) Inadequate use of resources - he may not have had the resources of the richer clubs, but he's managing a side that should draw in crowds of 25,000+ and should therefore be able to put together a side that heads back to the premiership.

3) Lack of man-managment skills . The La Manga incident showed this. Why didn't he ensure that all the players were safely tucked up in bed? If he knew his players as well as a good manager should do the whole incident would not have happened.

4) He has presided over two relegations, and obviously learned very little from his previous experience in the top flight.

5) He has an odd way of motivating his players. Essentially , ' my bunch of free transfers are really crap and we expecet to be relegated'.

6) The football his teams play is boring - long hoofs a la Wimbledon: the Cork and Bassett influence no doubt.

7) An odd policy of recruiting has been who are about to draw their pension. Why not recruit some up and coming youngsters, eg Ashton of Crewe? Why does it have to be Dublin and Keown?

Perhaps Mickey is just a mediocre manager who was out of his depth in the Premiership. A half-decent Manager would have ensured our survival in what is an extremely poor premiership (look at the sides there now -Palace, Pompey, Norwich, WBA, etc etc)

A lot of your points are invalid. im sure people will point this out to you!

because it beyondme

Its late, ive had to travel on 4 trains today - not to mention to the hospital and into Birmingham city centre. its been a long day, do you really think I give a damn about what you think?

I can't be bothered to write 2 or 3 paragraphs about why this person is wrong, when he so clearly is. Ok?

Fox Fan said:
Its late, ive had to travel on 4 trains today - not to mention to the hospital and into Birmingham city centre. its been a long day, do you really think I give a damn about what you think?

I can't be bothered to write 2 or 3 paragraphs about why this person is wrong, when he so clearly is. Ok?

No.

You're clearly not very good at putting your point across, but why does that not surprise me? :roll:

probally because you like to sit infront of your computer slagging me off?

Fox Fan said:
probally because you like to sit infront of your computer slagging me off?

No, because you're clearly clueless. How can you say some one has invalid points if you're not going to argue your case?

Pathetic.

1) 3 of those players are yet to have a chance to prove themselfs!
2) How can MA control Leicesters fans?
3)It was Stewerts Birthday, and they went out for a drink (seemed innocent enough) they were not 10 yr olds!!
4)Aftermath of Peter taylor, was only manager for one relegation season
5)Agree
6)I suggest you see MA's comments on total football in the past

Fox Fan said:
1) 3 of those players are yet to have a chance to prove themselfs!
2) How can MA control Leicesters fans?
3)It was Stewerts Birthday, and they went out for a drink (seemed innocent enough) they were not 10 yr olds!!
4)Aftermath of Peter taylor, was only manager for one relegation season
5)Agree
6)I suggest you see MA's comments on total football in the past

Oh my, we're actually getting somewhere then.....

1) Connolly and Dublin will prove to be excellent buys, Gudjonnson wasn't that bad, he requires some more match fitness before he shows his best. Last season - Howey was Ok, but was too much of a boozer apparently. Curtis and Hignett were seen as experienced Premiership players that could benefit us - Obviously, they were both generally shocking, but what other choice did we have with the limited amount of funds we had during that summer?

2) He can't control fans, but he can at least attempt to build a team that has realistic ambitions of challenging for promotion. Players like Wilcox and Blake are not going to prove to be useful - I am prepared to give them a chance, but those type of players are not exactly crowd pullers, are they?

3) Can't use Stewart's birthday as an excuse - Player's should be professinal enough to know they have a responsibility to keep things in check.

4) He was a manager for one full season, had virtaully no funds, so agree with Fox Fan there....What is this world coming to....

5) Yes, but reverse psychology can work sometimes......At the end of the day, we were not good enough though, that's why the players we purchased were sold or released.

6) Got us promoted last time, but we don't seem to have the required players to play this style this time....Williams/Gudjonnson and Nalis are used to passing the ball short in midfield, not hoofing it up to Scowcroft et al looking for a flick on....

7) We can't afford the likes of Ashton.

PEN3 said:

1) Lack of judgement in signing players - Hignett, Curtis, Gillespie, Nalis, Howey, Williams, Connolly, Dublin

2) Inadequate use of resources - he may not have had the resources of the richer clubs, but he's managing a side that should draw in crowds of 25,000+ and should therefore be able to put together a side that heads back to the premiership.

3) Lack of man-managment skills . The La Manga incident showed this. Why didn't he ensure that all the players were safely tucked up in bed? If he knew his players as well as a good manager should do the whole incident would not have happened.

4) He has presided over two relegations, and obviously learned very little from his previous experience in the top flight.

5) He has an odd way of motivating his players. Essentially , ' my bunch of free transfers are really crap and we expecet to be relegated'.

6) The football his teams play is boring - long hoofs a la Wimbledon: the Cork and Bassett influence no doubt.

7) An odd policy of recruiting has been who are about to draw their pension. Why not recruit some up and coming youngsters, eg Ashton of Crewe? Why does it have to be Dublin and Keown?

Perhaps Mickey is just a mediocre manager who was out of his depth in the Premiership. A half-decent Manager would have ensured our survival in what is an extremely poor premiership (look at the sides there now -Palace, Pompey, Norwich, WBA, etc etc)

I think PEN15 is more accurate! Jokes baby :lol: :lol: :lol:

SilverFox said:
PEN3 said:

I think PEN15 is more accurate! Jokes baby :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wahey! Glad someone has a sense of humour. :wink:

PEN3 said:

This makes a lot of sense to me. All I ask now, and all I have been asking for a long time, is that people take the rose-tinted glasses off when looking at Adams. He came here with a big reputation and to my way of thing has not yet shown enough to justify it. If we wait for him too long we might get to his level, the last two leagues of the fizzy.

Finally if Scowcroft and Fox Fan want to trade insults, would they please do it via a private message mechanism. I think I speak for all of the rest of us when I say that. :wink:

Steven said:
PEN3 said:

This makes a lot of sense to me. All I ask now, and all I have been asking for a long time, is that people take the rose-tinted glasses off when looking at Adams. He came here with a big reputation and to my way of thing has not yet shown enough to justify it. If we wait for him too long we might get to his level, the last two leagues of the fizzy.

Finally if Scowcroft and Fox Fan want to trade insults, would they please do it via a private message mechanism. I think I speak for all of the rest of us when I say that. :wink:

I think that it is unrealistically early to talk about a new manager. But on the otherhand there is a relatively short time before realistic prospects of promotion will go out of the window.

My guess is that the biggest problem about a change of manager is that we don't feel optimistic about getting anyone better than MA.

On MA himself, I'm convinced that he gets a lot of support on the basis that he comes across as a decent, straight forward bloke who a lot of fans feel they can relate to. If you take a more clinical view then his judgement on players (IMO the most important asset for a manager) is, at very best - a mixed bad. On playing style, the reality is that the football is usually one dimensional. The problem with that is that everyone in the league knows exactly what to expect. Its beginning to look like that even teams in this league can handle those tactics.

Things may pick up -I certainly hope so but my own optimism diminishes week by week.

i was 1 of the first who believed adams had a lot to prove,though i did not want to feel like that because he is a likeable guy and i wanted him to suceed.yet i still think we are stuck in a timewarp and really not pro-gressing....defensively we are o.k,strikers and midfield is a massive worry,especially if we lose 1 of our main attackers in dublin and connolly there does not seem to be anybody else who could do the business.the midfield lack ideas probaly not there fault but the managers persistence on the long ball.in muzzy izzet we lost a quality player and that has made a big difference to our setpiece play and quick thinking distribution, i genuinely feel if adams does not change the style of football we are going to be midfield at best. we have a plan A but no plan B,i that all comes down the managers stubborness to mix things up,and my final point is this 3 subs on in virtually 1 go,gees we all new this was going to back fire

Two defeats in a row and now Adams should go?

That's what i love about City fans, not fickle at all, how stupid.

Last time in this league we lost at home to Burnley 1-0 and lost many away games we perhaps on paper should've won, like Gillingham etc, so lets not start losing our frigging heads just yet...

We will beat Wolves Saturday IMO, and follow it by stuffing Brighton on the Monday.

Alex I assume you were not at the match yesterday. the reason everyone is having this dicussion is because of the way we have played in these first 4 games. Quite frankley MA has told us to expect to be in the top 2 and already were playing like we should be in the top 2 of the relegation zone.

IMO MA has about 10 games or so to prove himself. Even the players know the leauge starts shaping up at that point. MA needs to get more out of these players who on paper are a good side!

alex said:
Two defeats in a row and now Adams should go?

That's what i love about City fans, not fickle at all, how stupid.

Last time in this league we lost at home to Burnley 1-0 and lost many away games we perhaps on paper should've won, like Gillingham etc, so lets not start losing our frigging heads just yet...

We will beat Wolves Saturday IMO, and follow it by stuffing Brighton on the Monday.

If you read what people are saying, although we are all dissappointed if we lose if you can see that the team are performing and that we are just short on luck then you still have optimism, but at present the team are playing without confidence, motivation and with little or no cohesion very similar to when PT was in charge. Performances need to improve, if they do then the results will come and MA will survive. All people are saying at the moment are the performances are unacceptable and MA must sort it he the guy responsible. After the 5-0 hammering by Bolton we all knew the writing was on the wall and we were right we went down. This season people are rightly concerned because players are not producing and however good this team is on paper it doesnt mean we are guarenteed results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566