Middlesbrough (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, time for a bit of an adjustment...

Weale
Berner
Hobbs
Morrison (assuming Tunch isn't fit)
Neilson

Adams
Wellens
Oakley
Ngeussen

Fryatt
Gallagher

I'm a Howard fan but he needs a rest, and I'm not a Neilson fan, but what else do we have there?

Last edited:
I'm going to be driving to this so if anybody wants a lift then let me know before midday tomorrow. Two spaces spare.

We NEED a bit of steel in midfield so Bruno back into midfield for me and play the Man City lad in the role which Mattock played last season

Weale

Morrisson Brown(only cos Tunch injured) Hobbs Mcgivern

Oakley Wellens Berner Dyer or Adams

Howard Fryatt

subs Logan, Dyer or Adams, Gallagher, N'guessan, Nielsen(only cos with Tunch injured there's not much choice), king, waghorn or Kermorgant

For what it's worth:

Weale

Nielsen Morrison Hobbs McGivern

Oakley Wellens Berner

Gallagher

Fryatt Kermogant

SUBS: Logan, Waghorn, Adams, King, Howard, Brown, Gradel

Last edited:
For what it's worth:

Weale

Nielsen Morrison Hobbs McGivern

Oakley Wellens Berner

Gallagher

Fryatt Kermogant

SUBS: Logan, Waghorn, Adams, King, Howard, Brown, Gradel

An interesting line up, but I do not expect too many changes - NP has stuck to his guns through most of the season. I am not sure if he will drop Howard or give him a rest. If he did I think he would go with Fryatt and Gallagher. He may even go with Dyer and N'Guessan or Adams to give us some width and pace on the counter attack.

-------------Weale------------

Morrison Hobbs Tunch (brown) Berner

Adams Oakley Wellens Dyer

-------Kermit Fryatt-------

Weale

Morrison
Hobbs
Tunch (Brown)
Berner
Gallagher
Oakley
Wellens
Dyer
Fryatt
Howard

ON Saturday I thought we looked a lot better once Dyer came on and Gallagher switched to the right. There must have been 5/6 crosses that would have been ideal for Howard if he hadnt have been substituted.

For a CB Morrison did well in the first game against Swansea and he should be given a chance there over Nielsen.

The two strikers for Boro are lightening fast and if Brown and Hobbs are playing in the middle I think we could be in trouble, but if we can keep them quiet for the first 30 minutes then I think we can get something from the game.

An interesting line up, but I do not expect too many changes - NP has stuck to his guns through most of the season. I am not sure if he will drop Howard or give him a rest. If he did I think he would go with Fryatt and Gallagher. He may even go with Dyer and N'Guessan or Adams to give us some width and pace on the counter attack.

I keep reading about Howard being "given a rest" so I had a look at the calendar and I was surprised to see that it is only September.

Two seasons ago, Howard couldn't deliver in this league. Last season he was outstanding in the third tier. This season he isn't delivering in the second tier.

Is there anyone who can work out if there are any conclusions to be drawn?

I keep reading about Howard being "given a rest" so I had a look at the calendar and I was surprised to see that it is only September.

Two seasons ago, Howard couldn't deliver in this league. Last season he was outstanding in the third tier. This season he isn't delivering in the second tier.

Maybe,maybe not but I think we would be a worse team without him.

I think we wil be in deep shit if Brown plays because like Willlow pointed out Boro have very quick forwards and Brown appears to struggle against players with pace

There is an obvious conclusion we could draw from this Redditch. Howard (from memory as I am not that anal) has always had long periods where he has not scored (but often played the target man role well) and then had a purple patch and scored quite a few.

I think we may need to wait a little longer before we draw too many conclusions, but his all round form appears to have dropped off as well over the last few games.

I think we wil be in deep shit if Brown plays because like Willlow pointed out Boro have very quick forwards and Brown appears to struggle against players with pace

Would Hobbs and Morrison have enough experience to handle the Boro forwards if Tunchev is out?

Yes. First 9 games of last season, Fryatt had scored 8 goals and Howard 1, almost identical to this season. Conclusion, Howard is still outstanding.

PS In the same 9 games Dyer scored 5 goals, so maybe Dyer needs the 'rest' or a wake-up call.

I'd go for:

Tunchev

Tunchev
Tunchev
Tunchev
Tunchev

Tunchev
Tunchev
Clemence
Tunchev

Tunchev
Tunchev

Subs: Logan, Tunchev, Tunchev, Tunchev, Tunchev, Tunchev, Hammond (ankle)

Maybe,maybe not but I think we would be a worse team without him.

In that case he deserves support not a rest.

I always thought that it would be difficult for us to score a lot of goals in this league and how people could have contemplated losing our only goal scorer (Fryatt) I wouldn't know.

Pearson seems to be a down to earth and decent manager so i expect he is more concerned about the defence leaking goals anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566