Pre Match Middlesbrough v Leicester, Saturday 3rd August, Riverside Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
I agree we have a lot of options for the 3/5 in midfield in that system. It's the three at the back that concerns me the most about this formation - perhaps Konch, Moore and even Taft will come into consideration if it's to be an ongoing tactic...

Agreed, I can easily see Konchesky and Moore being used either side of Morgan.

Blaarev

I hope they score more than us so everyone can see how shit we are.
So you were pleased with the outcome of our pre-season "friendly" in the prediction league then?

Graz

If it's 3-5-2...

Kasper

RDL
SSL
Morgan
Konchesky
Schlupp

James
King
Knockaert

Wood
Nugent

Hopefully Nuge will be fit?

londonfox

I'm almost certain that we will at some point but I really hope we do not see Schlupp play left-back or left wing-back at any point during the season. With Konchesky, Bakayogo and even Dyer as options for those two positions we don't need to be playing Schlupp there. Give him a season where he is used solely as an attacking player. When he played up-front at the end of last season he showed real potential and scored a few goals. He is a much better option to play up-front than either Vardy or Waghorn.

I really hope Liam Moore starts on Saturday and is involved heavily throughout the season. As the right-sided centre-back in a back-three I feel he is easily our best option. He could also be a good back-up to Richie De Laet in the wing-back position. We do have lots of options if we go with three in midfield. The key to our success / lack of this season will be Nigel Pearson's ability to find the right combinations for the right games. If we play that formation in many an away game I won't be surprised to see neither Marshall nor Knockaert starting.

dpjfox

my mistake missed Schlupp off at LWB as for Marshall/Knocky/or Drinkwater, i think NP will be cautious (1st game, away game.

fox58

Making a weekend of this one, obviously not staying in Middlesbrough

londonfox

Danns ahead of King and Knockaert and (less so in my opinion) Marshall would not be a popular call I don't think.

Miles Away

Kaspywaspybumbum

De Latte
Cpt Morgan
Whittywhittybreadbread
Sledge(?)
Gollum

Andy King
Drinkypoos
Jamesywamesy

Wood
Noooogeee

Sounds about right?

Don't like it much , but suspect it's the lineup.

Need to make room for Knocky for me, like.

Han

Standard 4-4-2. Team picks itself really, regardless of the pre season tinkering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669