Pre Match Middlesbrough v Leicester, Saturday 3rd August, Riverside Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a reasonable following on Saturday as our ticket allocation has been increased

You could forget there's a match on today. :) This season could go two ways. Either the disappointment some peddle every year or we could finally get the elusive promotion we're all dreaming of. We've been playing attractive football and were top 6 for most of last season. We had the youngest championship squad last season and all we've lost since then is Keane. For the moment I'm optimistic.

You could forget there's a match on today. :) This season could go two ways. Either the disappointment some peddle every year or we could finally get the elusive promotion we're all dreaming of. We've been playing attractive football and were top 6 for most of last season. We had the youngest championship squad last season and all we've lost since then is Keane. For the moment I'm optimistic.

Don't forget as well, we appear to have Danns back, someone we were crying out for at the end of last season according to some.

I'm not a huge fan of Danns, mainly because he can't pass a football, but he does have a couple of things we missed last season, namely a willingness to tackle in midfield and to shoot from distance with something like accuracy.

I do think Pearson missed a trick last season by apparently excluding players like Danns and Beckford. Having the additional options would have been helpful when it felt like the team was tiring a bit towards the end of the season. Certainly this season, given that bringing in new faces doesn't look like possibility, we need to sweat the assets we have.

It's back!!

I'm excited for the return of the football season in general, but for some reason not so enthusiastic about the start of our season as such. I don't really know why. I think partly because the absolute gut wrenching playoff exit still stings. Having come so close to the final, it's frustrating how it was almost for nothing in the end (at least they got some experience...).

I think also because its been a frustrating pre-season and it really doesn't feel like we're ready. Our hands have been tied and I really don't think we're close to having done the business we needed to do. The squad is flawed and knowing there is nothing we can really do is extremely frustrating and I expect it must be for Pearson too.

I don't think many of us really understood the dire state we were in when it came to transfers this summer. I didn't expect loads but I thought there would be more than just one freebie from the lower leagues. I thought we'd have at least got a couple of loan players in.

All in all, starting the new season feeling frustrated. I think I'm usually one of the more optimistic members on here about our chances, but just don't really see how we can hope to go better than last year.

Then again... We saw up to February at least that this team does have it in them to give it a go. On the whole it's a young squad who have now got an extra years experience and we were just a penalty kick away from Wembley last year.... So maybe there is hope after all?

Come on Leicester!

I agree with most of that other than the bit about us not being ready. Okay, the squad is flawed, but it managed to get us into the play offs next season. The division hasn't changed much. Some will be better, some will be worse. We're about the same and as such I'd expect a similar finish. Between 5th and 10th, I reckon. Upper end of that Pearson stays, lower end then it's no new contract.

See you all in the Safe House later

Doors open at 4.30

Please bring bottle and bird

See you all in the Safe House later

Doors open at 4.30

Please bring bottle and bird

Anyone entering at that time with at least 15 minutes still to play has given up on the team and even if we are three down it only takes a second to score a goal......

I agree with most of that other than the bit about us not being ready. Okay, the squad is flawed, but it managed to get us into the play offs next season. The division hasn't changed much. Some will be better, some will be worse. We're about the same and as such I'd expect a similar finish. Between 5th and 10th, I reckon. Upper end of that Pearson stays, lower end then it's no new contract.

Please not the play offs again. Anything but play offs.

HAd a nightmare season last year - Rugby Town lost 3-1 at home in the playoff final, Cobblers lost and I still have nightmares about the Watford game.:icon_cry:
:icon_cry:*shudder*

A N Y T H I N G just not the playoffs PER LEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669