Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

Right now I wondered (aside from Joey, that's a given) who could come in to help our centre midfield pair. It may be that Weso and Clem are still returning to full fitness, and must have felt it following a game at Bristle on Sat'day - however they looked slow and devoid of ideas for much of last night. It struck me how I would like to see a motivated Gareth Williams alongside Clemmence, someone with a little extra in the tank....

What do we think? Do we need another midfielder? If so, who would you go for realistically?

The problem is Clemence is the one with the passing talent but he seem's to sit back and really anchor the midfield. Consequently it's up to Weso to get further forward and un lock things a bit, but he is really a holding midfielder by nature as his best attribute is his engine and agression.

We need an attacking midfielder (ala Izzet) who wants to get up alongside the strikers and even beyond them. This would create so much more movement and space and would really open it up for the strikers as well.

Sorry, i don't see enough of the teams in this division to know who this could be.

Probably the same man you mentioned.

I was one of the fans of Gareth Williams, and I think he could definetly be a key part in a promotion winning side.

It might be possible too as I dont think he's a first team starter for Watford.

I think you right Alex. For me clemo will stand there and mop up any loose balls and tidy up in midfield all night long but he just doesn’t have that creative spark which is going to create chances for the front 2/1 and half (after last night Fryatt is a half for now). It has been said many times before that we need a creative midfielder, much of the team is starting to come together to move us up this league but without that spark that links the midfield to the front 2 then we are always going to struggle to score.

Im not sure who we need, Steven Gerrard would be good. ;)

We totally miss someone who can drive beyond the front two or split a defence with a decent pass. Plenty of prospects knocking around the championship, just need the right type of player.

I was very shocked to see Clemence lumping ball after ball in the air. I expect the defenders to do a bit of that, but Clemo has more talent in his locker. I can only assume he was either knackered, couldn't be bothered or Holloway had told him to do it???

The problem is Clemence is the one with the passing talent but he seem's to sit back and really anchor the midfield. Consequently it's up to Weso to get further forward and un lock things a bit, but he is really a holding midfielder by nature as his best attribute is his engine and agression.

We need an attacking midfielder (ala Izzet) who wants to get up alongside the strikers and even beyond them. This would create so much more movement and space and would really open it up for the strikers as well.

Sorry, i don't see enough of the teams in this division to know who this could be.

This is how they have been playing Hume until IH took over, he didn't do a bad job of it either tbh.

Our midfield was totally swamped in the first half. There's little real creativity and Ollie has a lot of work to do to get things right. The two strikers were woeful and the pompous referee was even worse. I was glad to get home with one point gained because we could so easily have lost as well as won.

I agree Clem wasn't great last night, but he had little option. Weso was beside him as opposed to making space or surging forward, and our forwards didn't drop off enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669