Post Match Millwall 1 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great result. Didn't expect better than a draw today if I'm being honest, particularly after seeing the starting lineup.

Good to see us make changes and win at a hard place to go. Keeps our 4 point lead at the top too. Almost a shame the cup game is in the way to stop our momentum in the league! But at least it should mean fresh players for Derby.

Horrible conditions, horrible place to go against a horrible team. We played the experienced 'horrible' gritty players like Hammond, Wasilewski and Taylor-Fletcher to do a job and it worked.

Only thing that wasn't horrible was the result.

Great win, I thought we would scrape a draw. I am so pleased for everyone involved especially the players and management.

The reason for some of the 6 mins injury time maybe:

'An angry Millwall supporter ripped an assistant referee's flag from its pole following a goal-kick decision in the 3-1 home defeat by Leicester.'

Link to the BBC story

The reason for some of the 6 mins injury time maybe:

'An angry Millwall supporter ripped an assistant referee's flag from its pole following a goal-kick decision in the 3-1 home defeat by Leicester.'

Link to the BBC story

Not sure Alan Young could be to blame from his position :icon_wink

A great result which bucks the trend of typical Leicester.

I'm off for a wank.

Happy new year folks.

Tis a very happy new year indeed. Every game is massive but Derby at home adds extra spice.

Truly horrible conditions yesterday - praise to the players for standing up to it, and to the Millwall groundstaff as the pitch remained remarkably playable throughout. An no one else has, I thought I'd offer some ratings:

Kasper - 8.5 - Dealt well with the conditions, making a couple of long-range saves, smothering a one-on-one, handling well and distributing reasonably (albeit kicking it to their keeper too many times).
Ignasi - 7.5 - Looked pretty comfortable at left-back, and won a number of important balls in the air.
Wes - 7.0 - Reasonably solid. Strong in the air. A bit "hoofy", but forgiven in the conditions.
Wasil - 7.1 - Reasonably solid. Strong in the air. A bit "hoofy", but forgiven in the conditions. Extra 0.1 for inspiring the Wasilewski song (to the tune of hokey cokey).
Liam - 8.0 - Excellent again, not making errors, winning some full-blooded tackles and getting forward to support.
Knockers - 8.5 MOM - Did all the things you would expect, plus many that he has been criticised (including by me) for lacking. Played simple passes, had an end product, worked his b*llocks off and didn't shirk a tackle. Bien.
Hammond - 7.0 - Kept the ball, won some tackles.
Kingy - 7.0 - Kept the ball, didn't shirk his tackles, got forward well to support Nuge.
Lloydy - 7.0 - As always, looked very dangerous on the break and took his defensive responsibilities seriously.
Nuge - 7.0 - Worked tirelessly in the "Vardy" role, scored a simple goal. Didn't offer a lot else, but it was enough.
GTF - 8.0 - Offered the simplicity and experience that the game demanded. Held the ball up, didn't give it away, won it in the air, and calmed the team down. Woeful touch followed by a delightful dink to set up Nuge.

RDL - No complaints
DD - Didn't do much
Schluppy - Nice to see him bag a goal and look like it meant a lot to him, after his piss-poor cameo at QPR.

I have now seen us take 12 points in 11 days - happy with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363