Millwall (1pm kick off)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head To Head: Millwall

Posted on: Fri 12 Sep 2008
HEAD TO HEAD
The two clubs have met 32 times previously, with 28 of those clashes coming when league points were at stake. Here in Leicester, City have won 9 and drawn 4 of 14 previous clashes. At the Walkers Stadium the Foxes have recorded 2 wins and 1 draw to date. Our next goal will be our 50th overall strike against the Lions.

EARLY MEETINGS
The first ever meeting came in the F A Cup back in January 1934, with the Foxes winning 6-3 at The Den. The Lions' first visit to Filbert Street came in Division Two in April 1947. A George Dewis hat-trick, together with a brace from Mal Griffiths earned City a 5-0 win that day.

RECENT HISTORY
The last time that the clubs faced each other was in the 2005-06 campaign. The last meeting at the Walkers Stadium was on Boxing Day 2005 and ended 1-1. Joey Gudjonsson's coolly chipped penalty goal for the Foxes cancelled out Paddy McCarthy's earlier own goal.

BIGGEST WINS
That win in 1947 remains our biggest mauling of the Lions. In recent seasons, we have also notched up a 4-0 win at a three-sided Filbert Street in August 1993 and a 4-1 victory at the Walkers Stadium in December 2002, on the afternoon that Steve Claridge and Dennis Wise received markedly different welcomes from the Foxes' faithful.

SEQUENCES
The Foxes are unbeaten in the last seven encounters in Leicester, winning five, and also in the last three overall.

MARKSMEN
George Dewis' triple in 1947 remains the only hat-trick recorded in meetings between the two clubs. Bizarrely, it also makes Dewis our all-time leading marksman against the Lions with just three goals.

BAD BOYS
Several players have been red carded in Leicester-Millwall encounters. Paul Ramsey, Steve Walsh, Steve Agnew, David Oldfield, Brian Deane, Chris Makin and Danny Tiatto are the Foxes' sinners. Terry Hurlock, Pat van den Hauwe and Paul Robinson are the Millwall transgressors.

DEBUTANTS
No player has ever been handed his Leicester debut when facing Millwall.

FOOT IN BOTH CAMPS
The smattering of players to have represented both clubs over the years includes Steve Claridge, Rab Douglas, Lloyd Dyer, Barry Hayles, Kasey Keller, Paul Kerr, Lawrie Madden, Stefan Moore, David Oldfield, Ben Thatcher, Keith Weller and wanker Wise.

Last edited:
Nige seems to have dealt with most things this season, i suspect he'll deal with the early kick off thing too. :icon_bigg

Last edited:
A word of warning for anyone who usually parks around Eastern Boulevard on match days, as of the 8th Sept there are now pay and display meters along this stretch of the canal. They have also made the surrounding streets Jarrom, Grassmere, Ullswater etc permit holders only for local residents. This is bound to catch a few folks out especially with the egg chasers at home as well

Last edited:
A word of warning for anyone who usually parks around Eastern Boulevard on match days, as of the 8th Sept there are now pay and display meters along this stretch of the canal. They have also made the surrounding streets Jarrom, Grassmere, Ullswater etc permit holders only for local residents. This is bound to catch a few folks out especially with the egg chasers at home as well

Absolute wankers, there goes pretty much all free street parking anywhere near the ground. I wonder if they will place cctv cameras down that stretch with all the money they make, of course not.

big car park at the british gas call center/parts warehouse 5 min walk away.

completly free :)

Last edited:
i didn't see him as a contender to start before pre-season and would've prefered weso but we're winning atm so why make unnecessary changes?

no, he makes too many mistakes and most of his passing is awful

Funny, I have to disagree, I think King looks a decent player.

Me too, but I've only seen MK game and highlights.

It seems like the season has been going on for ages already, yet I've only been to one home game so far.

I'm on the 09:00 out of St Pancras. Loads of Millwall on both this and the 08:55. Everybody well behaved. Loads of police at StP, including one of those dogs that loves to sniff your bollocks as you walk past!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669