Post Match Millwall 2 Leicester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop being mean. A partnership of Stearman and Bamba at centre back would add something unique to the Championship - the sight of both players running back, simultaneously caught massively out of position.
Add a dash of Peltier, a sprinkle of Mattock... Et voila! You have no defenders.

Spot on! Pearson should spend the summer moving out the high earners (Schmeichel, Mills, Danns,Beckford,Konchesky,Nugent, St Ledger), the has beens at Championship level (Wellens,Dyer,Gallagher,Oakley,Howard,Weale) and those that don't make the grade at this level (Peltier, Morgan).

In order to be successful at this level, you need a high level of fitness and energy. These are two attributes that most of our players lack!

On my shopping list - Butterfield (Barnsley), Hammill (Wolves), Taylor (Peterborough), Zakuani (Peterborough), Stearman (Wolves), Jarvis (Wolves - although likely to stay in the Premiership when Wolves are relegated), Bothroyd (QPR), Kitson (Portsmouth), Halford (Portsmouth)

So you'd ship out 15 players, replace them with 9 players, including getting rid of two 15-goal strikers, one of the best keepers we've had in the past few years and leaving us with Chris ****ing Weale in goal?

Bit late for an April Fool's isn't it?

So you'd ship out 15 players, replace them with 9 players, including getting rid of two 15-goal strikers, one of the best keepers we've had in the past few years and leaving us with Chris ****ing Weale in goal?

Bit late for an April Fool's isn't it?

Nope, to be fiar to him, he wants Weale (or We ale as it's spelt in his world) gone as well.

Nope, to be fiar to him, he wants Weale (or We ale as it's spelt in his world) gone as well.

Leaving us with club legend Conrad Logan between the sticks, it just gets better and better.

Spot on! Pearson should spend the summer moving out the high earners (Schmeichel, Mills, Danns,Beckford,Konchesky,Nugent, St Ledger), the has beens at Championship level (Wellens,Dyer,Gallagher,Oakley,Howard,Weale) and those that don't make the grade at this level (Peltier, Morgan).

In order to be successful at this level, you need a high level of fitness and energy. These are two attributes that most of our players lack!

On my shopping list - Butterfield (Barnsley), Hammill (Wolves), Taylor (Peterborough), Zakuani (Peterborough), Stearman (Wolves), Jarvis (Wolves - although likely to stay in the Premiership when Wolves are relegated), Bothroyd (QPR), Kitson (Portsmouth), Halford (Portsmouth)

Well I think this could be a little extreme. Just because I wouldn't be sad to see them leave doesn't mean I think we should get rid of the whole squad.

Last edited:
Stop being mean. A partnership of Stearman and Bamba at centre back would add something unique to the Championship - the sight of both players running back, simultaneously caught massively out of position.

A bit like Mills, St Ledger, Morgan, Peltier, Konchesky,Pantsil..

I could not disagree with you more Matt, Gallagher doesn't display 20% of the effort that Konchesky does, he also proceeds to show 20% of the talent of Konchesky in 9 out of 10 games.

I truly believe Gallagher to be the poorest player in our entire starting 11 on Saturday, I think he's a very poor footballer for the Championship and he should be playing at a lower level.

Just because he doesn't go flying in to tackles doesn't mean he doesn't show effort. He doesn't need to run around like a headless chicken because most of the time he is in space to receive a pass anyway.

It's just the same as with Yakubu, it doesn't matter if you are scoring goals and creating chances, if you can't take a corner and don't win headers or tackle like a twat, you are not worthy of the shirt.

That is absolutely correct.

However, the situation hasn't been helped by poor decision making. To select that particular midfield against Millwall was asking for trouble.

The other very irritating issues is lack of value. Thanks to Sven and the lack of understanding of the ownere - the club has spent serious money on shoddy goods. Of course it is their money to waste - but fans who are not rolling in money resent paying to watch second rate players being paid top (pun intended) whack money.

The same midfield that came out for the second half against an Ipswich side with a similarly strong midfield and won us the game? Makes sense to me.

If Millwall's midfield are so strong and committed, why aren't they higher up the league?

Just because he doesn't go flying in to tackles doesn't mean he doesn't show effort. He doesn't need to run around like a headless chicken because most of the time he is in space to receive a pass anyway.

It's just the same as with Yakubu, it doesn't matter if you are scoring goals and creating chances, if you can't take a corner and don't win headers or tackle like a twat, you are not worthy of the shirt.

Gallagher and Yakubu could not be further apart, one is a quality footballer who can afford to focus on the technical side of the game and one is a lightweight, low quality player who supposedly has technical ability but cannot even beat the 1st man on nearly all of his corners, his passing is totally shocking for a man with his supposed talents and he turns up for 1 in every 10 or so games.

I don't want him to fly into tackles, that would more than likely result in a freekick to the opposition, If he cannot even demonstrate his supposed talents on a more regular basis then he simply shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team.

Yakubu would be and should be the 1st name on the team sheet if he was here, Gallagher however is not Yakubu, in fact I'm not sure he could clean his boots properly.

Last edited:
The same midfield that came out for the second half against an Ipswich side with a similarly strong midfield and won us the game? Makes sense to me.

If Millwall's midfield are so strong and committed, why aren't they higher up the league?

I think there are two different things going on here.

Millwall aren't higher up the league because they lack quality.

We can't beat the likes of Millwall very often because we lack bite and determination in midfield. We're fine - especially at home - against sides that want to play a nice game of football. Against sides that say "stuff this for a game of soldiers, we're going to get stuck into their soft underbelly of a midfield", we're stuffed especially away from the KP.

I'm pretty certain that unless there is a big change in personnel and tactics in midfield that next season will be a repeat of this season. We're far too soft and we concede a lot of goals especially away. To be honest Pearson's selection against Milwall which apparently caused supporters to lose hope before the game kicked off has increased my doubts about his ability to put things right. That said he has largely sorted out the home form - but he really needs to raise his own game if he is to get things rolling for August. Just an opinion of course!

Gallagher and Yakubu could not be further apart, one is a quality footballer who can afford to focus on the technical side of the game and one is a lightweight, low quality player who supposedly has technical ability but cannot even beat the 1st man on nearly all of his corners, his passing is totally shocking for a man with his supposed talents and he turns up for 1 in every 10 or so games.

I don't want him to fly into tackles, that would more than likely result in a freekick to the opposition, If he cannot even demonstrate his supposed talents on a more regular basis then he simply shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team.

Yakubu would be and should be the 1st name on the team sheet if he was here, Gallagher however is not Yakubu, in fact I'm not sure he could clean his boots properly.

If you think he doesn't possess any technical ability especially with passing then there really is no point continuing this debate.

I think there are two different things going on here.

Millwall aren't higher up the league because they lack quality.

We can't beat the likes of Millwall very often because we lack bite and determination in midfield. We're fine - especially at home - against sides that want to play a nice game of football. Against sides that say "stuff this for a game of soldiers, we're going to get stuck into their soft underbelly of a midfield", we're stuffed especially away from the KP.

I'm pretty certain that unless there is a big change in personnel and tactics in midfield that next season will be a repeat of this season. We're far too soft and we concede a lot of goals especially away. To be honest Pearson's selection against Milwall which apparently caused supporters to lose hope before the game kicked off has increased my doubts about his ability to put things right. That said he has largely sorted out the home form - but he really needs to raise his own game if he is to get things rolling for August. Just an opinion of course!

You still haven't explained why you think the midfield choice was wrong despite their performance against Ipswich.

We keep coming up against teams that are showing a bit of form, and being surprised that they give us problems. Millwall may be 17th in the table, but on form over the last six matches they are second only to Reading, having won four of them, including the last three.

Yes he did.

Ipswich play a less aggressive style than Millwall and allowed our midfielders time on the ball.

I'd disagree, their midfield is pretty solid on paper. Drinkwater had also been very poor against them and Dyer is as 'weak' as Gallagher, so who should have played?

I'd disagree, their midfield is pretty solid on paper. Drinkwater had also been very poor against them and Dyer is as 'weak' as Gallagher, so who should have played?

Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes and Viera in a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670