MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southern Fox said:
Cant we give Matty Jones a go next year in midfield. Surely he will do better than Nalis. Id like to see the fella have another shot at playing in the famous blue & white.
I was quite touched at last game of the season when he came running round with the Birch. He blew kisses and waved with true affection to us IMO. He ended up taking his shirt off for someone.
Opinions!

As he went around I thought he was enjoying it, but looked sad at the same time - I took it to mean one thing - retirement

Southern Fox said:
Malf said:
I'd be happy to see Jones playing for us again, the main problem is he might never play football again let alone for us. As for playing him instead of Nalis, I disagree I think Nalis will be one of the best players in division one next season.

Malf, I cant believe you are saying that about Nalis. He is the new fcukin Junior Lewis. Everytime I saw him play, he was shocking, absolutely shocking.

Fair play to you for showing faith, but I wait to be proved wrong.

I think he is absolute SHIT!

Southern Fox, Nalis is good! You watch next season, 10 goals and legendary status. The future bright, the future's Nalis.

Nalis has improved no end of late. At the start of the season he used to annoy me because he wanted a long time on the ball but judging by his performances against Pompey and Arsenal he has adapted to the speed of the english game now. He will be excellent fo us next season.

As for Matty Jones it looks like he is sadly goin to retire.

Ricey said:
Nalis has improved no end of late. At the start of the season he used to annoy me because he wanted a long time on the ball but judging by his performances against Pompey and Arsenal he has adapted to the speed of the english game now. He will be excellent fo us next season.

As for Matty Jones it looks like he is sadly goin to retire.

Eadie-esque

Give Nalis a F**king break!! The guy moved to England, lost two members of his family, was arrested, and has just witnessed the only person in the team who spoke his native language (Priet) sacked...All in his first season at a new club! I think that this could be the definition of baptism of fire! To cap it off the 'fans' at this club were booing him because he had a few bad games. I guess your dad dying does that to you...sorry if he couldn't concentrate on a few games of F*cking football!!!!

I think I would have problems thinking about my game with all of that S*it going on in my life!

Just a few words of wisdom for the boo boys...If someone on your team is down you don't kick them in the teeth and then expect them to be the next Zidane...get a f*cking life!

SilverFox said:
Give Nalis a F**king break!! The guy moved to England, lost two members of his family, was arrested, and has just witnessed the only person in the team who spoke his native language (Priet) sacked...All in his first season at a new club! I think that this could be the definition of baptism of fire! To cap it off the 'fans' at this club were booing him because he had a few bad games. I guess your dad dying does that to you...sorry if he couldn't concentrate on a few games of F*cking football!!!!

I think I would have problems thinking about my game with all of that S*it going on in my life!

Just a few words of wisdom for the boo boys...If someone on your team is down you don't kick them in the teeth and then expect them to be the next Zidane...get a f*cking life!

Easy!

If the lad aint focused on playing Premiership Football......then dont fcuking play and make a mockery of yourself. Simple as that.

I appreciate his personal problems but dont come back to Leicester with it not clear from your mind and play shit. Dont play!

I am not a boo boy. Never have been and never will be. But the way some people crow about his performances towards the end of the season is humourous. I agree that Arsenal was his best game for us, but it has been a dreadful first year.

I hope he improves and will back him 100%.....I just doubt it!

Av Revoir :wink:

Dunno what games you have been watching, SF, but Nalis has come on in leaps and bounds towards the end of the season. Hde was truly out of his depth at the start of the season, but he's shown signs of being a pretty good player

I reckon the switch down to the 1st division will suit him perfectly and I genuinely believe he will shine in that league.

Sad thing is we have no one at all to play with him

Jones is finished, I'm afraid. He wasn't particularly good anyway.
I've got sympathy for his plight, but he was a completely and utterly shite signing

If Jones retires through injury

If Jones retires through injury surely the City would have insurance that would pay up his contract, if that is true I can’t see why we aren’t insisting on him having medicals and resolving the issue, if not how many other players are not insured?

Southern Fox said:
SilverFox said:

Easy!

If the lad aint focused on playing Premiership Football......then dont fcuking play and make a mockery of yourself. Simple as that.

I appreciate his personal problems but dont come back to Leicester with it not clear from your mind and play shit. Dont play!

I am not a boo boy. Never have been and never will be. But the way some people crow about his performances towards the end of the season is humourous. I agree that Arsenal was his best game for us, but it has been a dreadful first year.

I hope he improves and will back him 100%.....I just doubt it!

Av Revoir :wink:

Bizarre.

im pretty sure jonesy has retired, i remember hearing in the car after a game nev saying something about having to have an operation and it looks like he will never be playing competitive football again

sheffield_fox said:
im pretty sure jonesy has retired, i remember hearing in the car after a game nev saying something about having to have an operation and it looks like he will never be playing competitive football again

Well then, it must be right.

Joe_Fox said:
sheffield_fox said:

He was going on about Les most probably, Matt Jones and him, u'd think they were twins.

Joe_Fox said:
sheffield_fox said:

:lol: :lol:

Nev got him confused with Kyle Pascoe

I must say I think some of the Leicester fans are very naive in terms of Matt Jones. The man was told quite clearly thsat there was no chance of him playing fotball again at a professional level. Now, I do not have any qualms with him ignoring this advice and continuing to train and work with the club. However, it is quite clear that all he has done is run his contract down with the club and picke dup a wage for doing perceisly nothing. It now looks as if he is going to retire as soon as his contract is up and going to stop his attempts to get back to football. If he was really committed he would continue to train on living expenses in the hope that the club give him a contract if and when he reaches fitness.

When I first saw this thread I thought there was going to be a discussion about MJ from spiderman. I wish the thread title were meta-titles, in that they contained information about the topic itself. This acronyminisation of names is lazy, rude and time consuming. Have a word.

The real MJ thread is here by the way

trickytrev said:
I must say I think some of the Leicester fans are very naive in terms of Matt Jones. The man was told quite clearly thsat there was no chance of him playing fotball again at a professional level. Now, I do not have any qualms with him ignoring this advice and continuing to train and work with the club. However, it is quite clear that all he has done is run his contract down with the club and picke dup a wage for doing perceisly nothing. It now looks as if he is going to retire as soon as his contract is up and going to stop his attempts to get back to football. If he was really committed he would continue to train on living expenses in the hope that the club give him a contract if and when he reaches fitness.

Hi Everyone, I've been a long time viewer of this forum, and really enjoy all of your comments. This is my first post. I'm not sure where you get your info from Tricky but I was speaking to MJ about his injury problems a couple of weeks back and he told me his back op had gone well. he may need one more op but it will be a case of wait and see. He gave no indication of stopping his attempts to get back to football!

I know its been said many times before but many city fans still hold a grudge against him for turning down Forest's offer of £900 per week. This would be a wage reduction of over 14k per week. Who in their right mind would accept that kind of pay cut - especially to join Forest!

I reckon all city fans should get behind MJ in his fight for fitness. Who knows, we may just need him!

Cheers

AJ said:
trickytrev said:

Hi Everyone, I've been a long time viewer of this forum, and really enjoy all of your comments. This is my first post. I'm not sure where you get your info from Tricky but I was speaking to MJ about his injury problems a couple of weeks back and he told me his back op had gone well. he may need one more op but it will be a case of wait and see. He gave no indication of stopping his attempts to get back to football!

I know its been said many times before but many city fans still hold a grudge against him for turning down Forest's offer of £900 per week. This would be a wage reduction of over 14k per week. Who in their right mind would accept that kind of pay cut - especially to join Forest!

I reckon all city fans should get behind MJ in his fight for fitness. Who knows, we may just need him!

Cheers

Interesting..........or bullsh*t!

Southern Fox said:
AJ said:
trickytrev said:

Cheers

Everything on this forum has to be taken at face value unless you know it could never be true or you have good reason to believe otherwise. If you are not sure... go with it. :wink:

With the way things are looking now, I need some kind of hope to cling to for the summer.......

I hope Nalis will be the boll*cks next season... 8)
I hope MJ makes a return and is brilliant again.... :D
I hope Dickov turns round and says "F*ck this, I'm staying at City"... :twisted:

.....but I won't hold my breath. :cry:

Steven said:
Southern Fox said:
AJ said:
trickytrev said:

Cheers

Everything on this forum has to be taken at face value unless you know it could never be true or you have good reason to believe otherwise. If you are not sure... go with it. :wink:

So Steven,

Am I taking on trickytrevs comments on face value or AJ comments on face value...and who am I going with?? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363