MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MK Dons PMT

Just been a very busy ticket office. 17,000 sold so far...estimated 25-26k crowd. 11,000 season ticket holders apparently someone suited chap said on the BBC TV Cameras. I was also interviewed and could make my BBC appearance on E.Mids Today at 6.30pm.

i'll be down there for the kick off.
hoping to see the start of a new city side - built on home grown players a decent manager and the old style support for a team that tries as hard as possible because they're actually connected to the club.

i'd go for the following team.

Henderson

Gilbert Morrisson Tunchev Mattock

Gradel King Oakley (c) Adams

Howard Fryatt

Subs: Wesolowski, Martin, Campbell, Hobbs, Dyer

25% of the squad homegrown.
Strong down the flanks, experienced/inexperienced lumps at centre back. two players who like to get the ball out wide in the centre of the park and our two best forwards up front.

If Pearson gets the message right i can see these guys forming a quality unit. A much better side than last year, albeit it at a lower league level.

To be honest i'm not bothered if it's adams and dyer on the wings or porter and gradel. I think we've got too much quality, pace down the wing and fight down the centre.
It's going to be tricky to get adams and gradel into the same side, so we may see adams and dyer to start with, with gradel used for impact. Adams has looked the star of the show thus far in pre season for me.

KIng gets in ahead of Weso and Kishishev. He'll want to put his stamp on the game and play looking forward. Which the other two don't do. Oakley can be the 50/50 winner with King being more progressive.

Come on Pearson, let's give the crowds something to support.

The optimism of football supporters never ceases to amaze me.

What exactly is different from last season? Some of the names have changed, but since when has that ever made a difference with our club?

I hope we win. I suspect we won't.

New keeper flaps at first cross. First murmours from hopelessly optimistic crowd. Gradel limps off in 1st half after firm but fair kicking from opposition full back. All fluff and no finish from our attackers. Howard and Fryatt's confidence slumps and they vanish from game. Tunchev red card early in the 2nd half. Midfield keep giving away possession. Anxiety sets in. O.g. from Mattock in the 86th minute. Echoing and eerie empty stadium at the final whistle. Pearson sneaks a nervous peek at the Directors box as he exits down the tunnel.

The optimism of football supporters never ceases to amaze me.

What exactly is different from last season?

The quality of the opposition

I suspect we will still struggle, however

I have to agree. It the first time for a while that we look like we are actually going to play out and out wingers. The absolute dross that has played out wide over the past few seasons has been painful. I think the last decent winger to play for us was Guppy. I would love to see us with Gradel and Dyer out wide for the opener.

We will win 8-0 and if we dont they can all **** off.

This season, judging from pre-season, I am expecting us to score a significant number of goals from Midfield. Listening to the Palce game I was strick by how many shots we had on target from the likes of Gradel and Dyer et al. Adams has been amongst the goals aswell and even Oakley hit the back of the net.

Did we score any goals from midgield last season, i'm sure we did but it must have been very few. I know Hume liked to shoot from distance but were they ever on target?

Four out and out wingers and some creativity in the team, when was the last time we had that?

If you can't be optimistic at the start of the season when can you? :102:

Fans around the country will be thinking that this will be their year, including us, so leave us alone to enjoy it for a bit longer you miserable git. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

well said:038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670