MM delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conference & Banqueting Sales Coordinator

The Walkers Stadium, Leicester's leading Conference & Banqueting Venue is looking to recruit an experienced Conference & Banqueting Sales Coordinator to cover maternity leave.

The successful candidate will work as part of a team selling the venue facilities, organising and fully co-ordinating all non-matchday functions and events. You will have a proven track record within this fast moving environment, be able to multitask and demonstrate a meticulous approach with attention to detail. You will possess excellent communication and customer care skills with the ability to establish strong customer relationships. Experience of working with a computerised diary system is essential.

Hours of work will be 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, some flexibility will be required

Interested? Please contact Natalie Flynn on 0116 2294930 or email [email protected]

for an application pack.
anyone fancy it????
Could have had Joey on loan!!!!!!!!!!

What makes you think they knew what this bloke was going to say on the radio yesterday?
They didn't say they knew the contents of the interview, just that it could be interesting.

I can't be arsed to trace in a forensic way the role that the FT has played in this sorry from start to where we are now. But my overall impression has been of ita) seeking to undermine support for the MM takeover through amplifying the likelihood of other options; b) trimming their sales once the board had indicated its support in principle; c) continuing to encourage speculation of any home grown interest.

I think it's important to distinquish between the FT's membership that I would guess coughed up their hard earned cash for love of the club and will just want the club to come out of the mire it has been sttuck in for a long time now....and the FT leadership who understandably are more interested in exercising some leverage at board level ...no matter how insignificant.

They did nothing to quell the rumours though, they had every oppotunity to do so. I didn't find the ranting of an ex director interesting at all.

We didn't know exactly what he was going to say, how much he would reveal or more accurately what RL would be allowed to broadcast.

Hence the "could be" comment

Sorry OG but I think you need to pay a bit more heed......I draw your attention to the comments and speculation concerning the JJ interview, where it was nudge nudge wink wink "this could be very interesting".
Instead we get just a mild piece of bitterness from a good supporter of the club - but one who obviously has no intention of being the ralllying point for a rival bid.

I just think that we have a number of 'insiders' who are not enjoying an outsider taking over 'their' club but have no intention and/ or capacity to do anything about it. Then we have the FT who have - in my opinion been wretched throughout the whole business - who are on the one hand pretending to be really serious and on the other trying to show off by innuendo and the dropping out of bits and pieces.

For goodness sake this should all be sorted by now; a new owner in and changes starting - e.g. moving on the existing 'manager' so we get someone in with something about him.

But I was responding to your allegation that they were regularly talking about alternative bids. They, and others, have already pointed out that this was a simple statement that the interview might be interesting. I cannot see how even the most hard-bitten anti-trust person can see it fits what you alleged.

Do you think his comments were a load of tosh like most other people?

wow, I'm in a minority then.
I didn't think he came over very well in the interview, but I didn't think it was a load of tosh.
Will I be able to apply for any kind of a grant now that I'm a member of a minority ?

But I was responding to your allegation that they were regularly talking about alternative bids. They, and others, have already pointed out that this was a simple statement that the interview might be interesting. I cannot see how even the most hard-bitten anti-trust person can see it fits what you alleged.

I'm not moaning too much but I think you have upped the ante by saying that I am alleging that they are " regularly talking" about "alternative bids". I think my position, for what is matters, is thay they have used innuendo that might lead to naive supporters thinking there are other viable options.

I suspect that both you and I have knocked about a bit and know when the odd word here and there fuels speculation and I want to say to you in a pleasant way that I think you are being just a tad disingenuous when you suggest that the FT's comments about the interview were not going to lead to more speculation.

The FT have never 'amplified' the existance of other options. they hav suggested that other options were available, but didn't say they thought they were better, just that they could be considered. (not unreasonable IMO)

i believe they have stated that the club being out of local control is a concern, JJ felt the same, and if i'm honest i would prefer a local millionaire, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't support a MM bid, in the absence of that option.

(Redditch - 'i don't understand 'trimming their sales'?)

The FT have never 'amplified' the existance of other options. they hav suggested that other options were available, but didn't say they thought they were better, just that they could be considered. (not unreasonable IMO)

i believe they have stated that the club being out of local control is a concern, JJ felt the same, and if i'm honest i would prefer a local millionaire, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't support a MM bid, in the absence of that option.

I think it should have been sails:

dictionary definition is:

adjust (sails) to take best advantage of the wind. • adjust the forward and after drafts of (a vessel) by changing the distribution of weight on board, esp. cargo and ballast. • stow (a bulk cargo) properly in a ship’s hold by use of manual labor or machinery. • keep or adjust the degree to which (an aircraft) can be maintained at a constant altitude without any control forces being present. • [ intrans. ] adapt one's views to the prevailing political trends for personal advancement.

Probably encouraged to do so by the club given that this was the impression they were trying to give.

Local Millionaire that doesn't exist or Foreign Millionaire that does. Whats your choice!?

I think it should have been sails:

dictionary definition is:

adjust (sails) to take best advantage of the wind. • adjust the forward and after drafts of (a vessel) by changing the distribution of weight on board, esp. cargo and ballast. • stow (a bulk cargo) properly in a ship’s hold by use of manual labor or machinery. • keep or adjust the degree to which (an aircraft) can be maintained at a constant altitude without any control forces being present. • [ intrans. ] adapt one's views to the prevailing political trends for personal advancement.

:icon_redf should have realised.

Local Millionaire that doesn't exist or Foreign Millionaire that does. Whats your choice!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669