MM delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the board are working hard on getting the 90% required to get the deal through? Perhaps explains why the FT haven't had the bid yet either? They may be classed under the 'Mandatory Purchase' 10%...

All shareholders should receive a copy of the bid - so that implies it hasn't gone out yet to the shareholders.

so there is no way its going to be done this week if all shareholders havent even had the bid document! they have to read it then reply surely?

so there is no way its going to be done this week if all shareholders havent even had the bid document! they have to read it then reply surely?
Yes, they know the content. They should be sat next to a fax machine or a PC. As soon as the rcieve it, they sign it and submit it. Could all be done within a couple of hours if they wish so.

Failing that, they should ALL be able to get to the club at very short notice to formally sign anything

Last edited:
Yes, they know the content. They should be sat next to a fax machine or a PC. As soon as the rcieve it, they sign it and submit it. Could all be done within a couple of hours if they wish so.

Failing that, they should ALL be able to get to the club at very short notice to formally sign anything
still takes time though.. nothing will be done this side of saturday.

I'm unsure on your comments on this one Feriol, Surely a rights issue and flogging a couple of players will only help the club short term, but without new players and investment the club will go no where attendances will continue to fall and once again we'l find ourself in administration.

I Agree with all of this, especially the leadership point. (i don't know the details of the bid though)

Other 'options' do exist, the FT never said 'bids' though. and the recent JJ interview suggested the club wasn't exactly collapsing, so options such as a 'rights issue' selling a couple of players etc seem more feasable. I'm not suggesting this is ideal, but if MMs offer doesn't offer anything better, there is no need to snap his hands off. The FT as far as i can see has only asked questions, which i'm glad someone is doing, i imagine the same questions are being asked by everyone involved, but they don't post on forums telling us about them.

in short, we are not in a make or break situation, so we have the ability to expect some assurances from any pottential buyer, if those aren't given should we just hand our club over?

The foxes trust have been asking questions to determine these points. i believe they would like positive answers as much as the rest of us.

Edit: the difference is that the FT aren't taking it for granted. some people think his reputation should serve as his guarantee, should we pin the future of our club on his reputation, or should we demand assurances of investment, which will at least reveal something of his intentions?

Last edited:
Even the ones who live in Australia and the US?
So are they going to be flying over to sign their documents?, or will they be sent by mail. If ether of these cases are reality, I'm afraid we could be talking a lot longer yet.

However, I strongly suspect that they will be done by FAX or email as my post also stated

Reading between the lines, if enough shareholders indicate agreement MM will put money in immediately to fund loans/transfers. The legal formalities can then be done in such timescales as Company Law dictates.

Last edited:
Reading between the lines, if enough shareholders indicate agreement MM will put money in immediately to fund loans/transfers. The legal formalities can then be done in such timescales as Company Law dictates.
Cheers Shazza, I was hoping that might be the case.

So are they going to be flying over to sign their documents?

No, of course not.

I was just trying to point out the flaw in this comment:

Melton Fox said:
they should ALL be able to get to the club at very short notice

However, I strongly suspect that they will be done by FAX or email as my post also stated

You're probably right. But not everyone will be in a position so send something back immediately, maybe because they're in a different time zone, on holiday, have other commitments etc.

in short, we are not in a make or break situation, so we have the ability to expect some assurances from any pottential buyer, if those aren't given should we just hand our club over?

It all depends on how you define 'make or break'.

The sort of options you mention don't sound very palatable. Selling off any quarter decent players etc etc.

My interpretation of reality is that the game is up for the present board. They simply cannot get anywhere near the reasonable aspiration of supporters. If the MM deal proposal collapses - and i think there is a high chance that it will - they will be left without a shred of credibility now, which is no good for the club.

The whole takeover process seems to be a mess - and could flounder on the fragmentation of shares and the 90% issue. To be honest i wouldn't know about the competency levels of MM's people - but my fear would be that LCFC less than slick in this process.

The issue of 'giving our club away' is an interesting one. I'm not a shareholder so I don't have a financial stake, but from a supporter's perspective my gut feeling is that when push comes to shove that it would be better to hand over the club to MM rather continue with the the current pathetic set up when they couldn't even stretch to £150K to bring back our former best player.

It all depends on how you define 'make or break'.

The sort of options you mention don't sound very palatable. Selling off any quarter decent players etc etc.

My interpretation of reality is that the game is up for the present board. They simply cannot get anywhere near the reasonable aspiration of supporters. If the MM deal proposal collapses - and i think there is a high chance that it will - they will be left without a shred of credibility now, which is no good for the club.

The whole takeover process seems to be a mess - and could flounder on the fragmentation of shares and the 90% issue. To be honest i wouldn't know about the competency levels of MM's people - but my fear would be that LCFC less than slick in this process.

The issue of 'giving our club away' is an interesting one. I'm not a shareholder so I don't have a financial stake, but from a supporter's perspective my gut feeling is that when push comes to shove that it would be better to hand over the club to MM rather continue with the the current pathetic set up when they couldn't even stretch to £150K to bring back our former best player.

Don't get me started on that again.......

Truth is it will happen, when it happens.......some sources say today, whilst others state that a bid document has yet to be recieved, we are still none the wiser :022:

Truth is it will happen, when it happens.......some sources say today, whilst others state that a bid document has yet to be recieved, we are still none the wiser :022:

See you've had 20 V cash on the deal being done today :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670