MM delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on how you define 'make or break'.

The sort of options you mention don't sound very palatable. Selling off any quarter decent players etc etc.

My interpretation of reality is that the game is up for the present board. They simply cannot get anywhere near the reasonable aspiration of supporters. If the MM deal proposal collapses - and i think there is a high chance that it will - they will be left without a shred of credibility now, which is no good for the club.

The whole takeover process seems to be a mess - and could flounder on the fragmentation of shares and the 90% issue. To be honest i wouldn't know about the competency levels of MM's people - but my fear would be that LCFC less than slick in this process.

The issue of 'giving our club away' is an interesting one. I'm not a shareholder so I don't have a financial stake, but from a supporter's perspective my gut feeling is that when push comes to shove that it would be better to hand over the club to MM rather continue with the the current pathetic set up when they couldn't even stretch to £150K to bring back our former best player.

if he isn't willing to pay a fair price, what would indicate regarding his intentions? Quick money perhaps, no real interest in the club?

However, i think the major factor would be assurances regarding investment. If MM is unwilling to commit anything, it again would say a lot of his intentions. if however it was writen in, that for example £3million would be given for transfers, it would indicate his willingness to invest.

if he isn't willing to pay a fair price, what would indicate regarding his intentions? Quick money perhaps, no real interest in the club?

He is seeking to pay the lowest price he can get away with - like any decent businessman would. Good on him

We are desperate, and completley fecked without him - therefore he can offer us three paper clips and a used biro and still seal the deal

However, i think the major factor would be assurances regarding investment. If MM is unwilling to commit anything, it again would say a lot of his intentions. if however it was writen in, that for example £3million would be given for transfers, it would indicate his willingness to invest.

On the other hand, after looking at the mess the club is in, why should he actually do anything?

He is seeking to pay the lowest price he can get away with - like any decent businessman would. Good on him

I Agree, doesn't mean we shouldn't try and get the best price though

We are desperate, and completley fecked without him - therefore he can offer us three paper clips and a used biro and still seal the deal

I don't think we are desperate, just that we can't progress without investment. I Think the FT just want assurances that MM will invest.

Last edited:
I don't think we are desperate, just that we can't progress without investment. I Think the FT just want assurances that MM will invest.

I think that MM will want to see the club progress. I am sure that he is giving out those messages.

It all depends how you would define 'desperate'. I would regard having the club rooted in the lower reaches of the second tier without the ability to bring in any players; with a manager only there because it was a cheap option and the club seen to be a walking wounded by the football world.....as pretty desperate especially as I would guess that it is on the verge of its ST holders defecting in large numbers for next season unless there is a major change.

We disagree about the FT - I understand that the processes it is following at one level look reasonable in terms of trying to flush out details for its members, but there is in my opinion another level where it has been less than helpful in talking up 'other options' which I believe has been driven by the FT's self-interest in putting its own potential influence above the future footballing success of Leicester City.

I think that MM will want to see the club progress. I am sure that he is giving out those messages.

I am optimistic that this is the case from his interviews, but i don't blame anyone for wanting it in writting

It all depends how you would define 'desperate'. I would regard having the club rooted in the lower reaches of the second tier without the ability to bring in any players; with a manager only there because it was a cheap option and the club seen to be a walking wounded by the football world.....as pretty desperate especially as I would guess that it is on the verge of its ST holders defecting in large numbers for next season unless there is a major change.

I Defined desperate as going out of existance if we didn't find money. JJ confirmed that the club was pretty stable atm. it should not be too difficult to maintain financial stabilty. progress however requires investment, If MM is willing to invest, then he is a better option than the current board (there is the issue of further debt to fund investment to be considered though)

We disagree about the FT - I understand that the processes it is following at one level look reasonable in terms of trying to flush out details for its members, but there is in my opinion another level where it has been less than helpful in talking up 'other options' which I believe has been driven by the FT's self-interest in putting its own potential influence above the future footballing success of Leicester City.

Agree to disagree i think. i can't recall 'other options' being mentioned much by the FT nevermind talking them up.

Agree to disagree i think. i can't recall 'other options' being mentioned much by the FT nevermind talking them up.

New Investment Opportunity
Written by Ian Bason
Monday, 30 October 2006
The Foxes Trust welcomes the news that the LCFC board now has a variety of new investment opportunities to consider.

Trust board members Ian Bason and Matt Davis have been interviewed by the local media today about the current situation. Key points made to the media include:

“It has to be good news that the club has several options to consider rather than a single take it or leave it offer.”

“It also gives a clear message to a wider football audience the importance of our club and how an attractive investment our club is”

“We will continue to push for a seat on the board whoever runs the club, even if a potential buyer wants to own all the shares, it is more vital than ever if it is ran by a non- Leicester City fan who won’t appreciate the heritage of our club”

“We will seek to meet with any major investor at the earliest opportunity to obtain a full understanding of their plans”

The Foxes Trust anticipates that the LCFC board will examine the options open to them and recommend a way forward to shareholders.

The Trust Board will carry out regular dialogue with the club throughout the process and update members with more information at the earliest opportunity.

The Trust intends to utilise our website for sharing information with fans on the latest position, so keep visiting.
Last Updated ( Monday, 30 October 2006 )

there is no 'talking up' any particular options in that. And thats from before MMs interest was official, so that doesn't suggest they didn't want him.

and i did say hadn't been mentioned 'much' i have aknowledged previously that it was mentioned. but not extensively, and never in a way that suggested they were 'prefered'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669