Steve Cooper - LCFC manager

He's here. He's ours. It's done. Let's get on with it.

& lets always remember, as I've said many times, we know **** all. About anything.

Wes Morgan was a ****ing carthorse & a pointless signing made for no apparent reason. Past it & nowhere near good enough for the PL.

O' Neill was a panic second choice appointment as we lost out on the much more desirable Mike Walker ( Mike who ? Anybody ? )

Taylor was an exciting appointment that showed ambition & a forward looking attitude by the club.

Ranieri was a complete disaster of an appointment & proof that the board had lost their ****ing minds.

Last words go to my mate Dave :

" O' Neill ? & he's bringing that fat **** Robertson with him ? **** right off with that shit ! I'm never setting foot in that ground again while those ****ing Forest scum are at my club. Relefuckinggation next year for certain "

( I stood next to Dave at the Palace playoff final & the LC final the next year )

Onwards & Upwards.

TalkSport suggested something along the lines of: Potter working at Leicester, maybe 2million/year, Potter, not working, sat on his backside, still being paid by Chelsea maybe £10million/year until the end if his contract.
Seems bloody obvious! Wonder how/why he was so closely linked.

Okay, lets be honest, he is very ugly, but I will also put my neck on the line. I think for us, its for the best. And I predict a situation will arise, where we will all want to give him a big tongue snog on his beautiful, ugly face.
He's not so bad when he smiles.

You never know what's around the corner. Who could have predicted any of this 12 months ago!

Come on Steve's army.

Funny how the very same people telling people to give Enzo a chance, are the very same people who have already written Cooper off.

I am underwhelmed by Coopers appointment; of the three suggested contenders he was easily 3rd choice for me.

I would not describe his time at Swansea as a success, hence his departure ‘by mutual consent’, having failed to achieve promotion despite significant transfer backing on many players including Conor Gallagher, Marc Guehi, Morgan Gibbs-White and Viktor Gyokeres.

Whilst Forest fans stuck with him, even when performances and results were terrible, I believe that was down to the promotion after decades of obscurity and the way he talked about the club history and fans.

Based on his time at Forest I think we may well end up hating his style of play, which was extremely defensive. This is my main area of concern as I think the current players, who have talked glowingly about Maresca, will need to change their approach to play for Cooper and this may well upset the dressing room positivity we have currently.

I dont care wether he managed Forest and will certainly back him if he succeeds, but that is the big question ... IF.

Can we make him do interviews with a paper bag over his head, like Southgate in the pizza hut advert?

"we are where we are" is probably a phrase that will get used a lot this season following a points deduction and a struggle to spend/attract to get the right players.

This appointment smacks of that tbh.

I was more excited by Enzo, because he was an unknown but felt like a manager that was coming with a philosophy and an approach to build a certain type of team, and develop over other time. Unfortunately he got plucked away too early.

Cooper doesn't give that vibe. If we stay up, that's success and I think this appointment tells us that.

So, we are where we are. Let's hope Cooper keeps us up.

O' Neill was a panic second choice appointment as we lost out on the much more desirable Mike Walker ( Mike who ? Anybody ? )
Did we lose out on him? If I recall he found out first about us getting in MON when he was doing some Sky punditry. But my memory might be cheating.

Anyway I seemed to recall being please getting MON rather than Walker given the job he’d done at Wycombe

From Rob Tanner in the Athletic

So how did Cooper win this race?

In the end, Leicester continued talks with Potter and Cooper. Potter was still very much in the frame on Tuesday but it became clearer that getting Cooper was the easier deal to do. With two weeks to go until the players return to start pre-season, Leicester seemed to run out of patience in the pursuit of Potter, where there were no guarantees for a positive outcome.

Potter may have been the initial plan, but Cooper has turned out to be the man.

This will have been a collaborative decision, discussed at board level and then with the club's Thai owner Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00