MM delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cup their bollocks and ask them to cough...

No, but what you're saying is true. A feck-load of debt levered onto the club by MM is probably more than any but the most devoted, richest and most stupid fan would be prepared to take on.

Dunno. If it all goes tits up, might be useful to have the people who coughed up before ready to cough up again. Fecking them over won't help that.

That is the point many fans have missed & the Mercury in particular.

If MM does walk, the existing shareholders are certain to be approached & asked to put more money in. Given the abuse they have been given, fuelled by the Mercury's one sided approach to this bid, we fear many will just think why bother if all we will get in the long term is criticism when the next "saviour" appears on the horizon.

If MM does walk, the existing shareholders are certain to be approached & asked to put more money in. Given the abuse they have been given, fuelled by the Mercury's one sided approach to this bid, we fear many will just think why bother if all we will get in the long term is criticism when the next "saviour" appears on the horizon.

Oh come on, they picked the club up for next to nothing when we were in administration. If they were to put in the same again now, it still would not be enough would it, please get real.......

The current board are to blame for most of the mess the club is in, i'm not sure them pumping money in for a right issue will help.

I'm not that bigger a critic of the FT but they piss me off when they don't give a simple answer to a simple question:icon_roll

You fear some shareholders may think why bother. Well the reason to bother is that they stand to lose their investment unless they put extra cash in.

I think it's time you stopped avoiding the real reasons why the club is in the position it is, stop concerning yourselves with takeovers, mortgages and Bill Anderson. Start pointing the finger at those who are failing to give this City a half decent football team (The Directors). This might not help you in your quest for a seat on the board, right? But it's sure to get you some much needed credit with the fans.

I do honestly think it might be too late though, it might be time to do the half-time "Serious money! We need amounts that you won't find down the back of the sofa" routine. Many fans won't be so willing this time.

Oh come on, they picked the club up for next to nothing when we were in administration. If they were to put in the same again now, it still would not be enough would it, please get real.......

Another £6 million would be enough for the immediate future yes, but is highly unlikely unless a couple invest way over their previous levels or some additional local people get involved (that is possible)

Another £6 million would be enough for the immediate future yes, but is highly unlikely unless a couple invest way over their previous levels or some additional local people get involved (that is possible)

Oh is that all. No wonder MM has done a runner. You expect us to be full of pride for the board when the debts that much.

It kind of fits where the Mercury got the 25 million figure from with the stadium debt.

All this procrastinating over the long term future of the club if MM takesover. Well the short term doesnt look to rosy either does it!!!

Last edited:
I really don't know how they can ask MM about the long term future when the short term future without him means we're ****ed.

Last edited:

I made this point what seems like months ago (in fact I think was a couple of months ago now). Why would we want to alienate the people who are in a position to help and did so last time we needed it? We're well and truly fecked now if the current shareholders all get the arse. There would be lots of egg on lots of faces round here...

Last edited:
i dont think jumping on the backs of the FT is really helping!

the amount of abuse they get i am surprised they bother posting at all!
Likewise, I think the FT fall into the category of "people willing and, to some extent, able to help the club". They are all City fans, some of the most devoted in fact, and the way they have been treated I wouldn't blame them for walking away with a middle finger raised.

It's about all we deserve IMO.

Fecked, I tell thee.

posted by Ryanside on anther site ;)

Yes this is absolutely correct plus MM pays £4.5m on completion.If we get promoted at end of next seasonthen MM must pay between £3 and £3.5m extra to shareholders in cash.Is this a disincentive for MM to go all out for promotion next season?
Discuss

Yes this is absolutely correct plus MM pays £4.5m on completion.If we get promoted at end of next seasonthen MM must pay between £3 and £3.5m extra to shareholders in cash.Is this a disincentive for MM to go all out for promotion next season?
Discuss
Pay out between 3 and 3.5m..... receive 40+m for getting to the Prem....

No, I don't think that's a disincentive... :icon_wink

The existing arrangement with Teachers requires payments of £3m pa if in the prem, so it's hardly a revelation - or a mark of generosity - to read that MM would pay that much if we were promoted!

Likewise, I think the FT fall into the category of "people willing and, to some extent, able to help the club". They are all City fans, some of the most devoted in fact, and the way they have been treated I wouldn't blame them for walking away with a middle finger raised.

It's about all we deserve IMO.

Fecked, I tell thee.

There is a clear distinction between the membership of the FT who will be City fans - as you say, and those who lead it and who have been posturing throughout the whole MM process. There has been too much said to be repeated here but basically in the early days of the MM approach , the leaders of the FT created a negative atmosphere and helped to slow the momentum. They grasped any opportunity to raise the spectre of 'other options' - which of course there are i.e. sweet f.a. They have not been helpful to the whole miserable process.

.....Could the saviour of our club be a certain Mr Martin George, that is the latest rumour doing the rounds on Foxestalk, posted by Barton Fox who does seem to have inside knowledge.
I don't believe all rumours, however this seems to be a strong rumour from a poster who is known to be close to MG.
What are your reasons for thinking that MG won't take over.

I've yet to see a BF rumour come to fruition...point me to one and I'll apologise but, liking his posts aside, it's a nothing statement.

Notice that he has not elaborated on the initial post at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566