Moan in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
and people question why I hate the police so much. They are a bunch of arrogant wankers and cause more tension at matches than two sets of rival fans could ever achieve.

Or it could be more to do with the fact that our local force wanted to charge us 3 x the cost of the local force at Millwall for policing the same set of visiting fans (Tranmere).

Our checks with various supporters organisations, both at other League One clubs & nationally like the FSF, has Tranmere as having a fan base with minimal trouble.

Perhaps it's not the Tranmere fans that they are worried about then.

Blimey, I never knew that.

I feel left out. I behave myself at football matches, never taunt the away fans, never taunt the police, never use excessive foul language and for some bizarre reason the police never, EVER seem to pick on me just for fun. It's not fair that all these other innocent people should get picked on and I always miss out.

You're right, Melton.

By virtue of the fact that I sit at the back of the middle of the Kop, I am always one of the last people out of the ground on matchdays. This means that I should have been one of the nearest people to the Millwall fans when they were finally let out and in the heart of whatever trouble there was. But no - my habit of leaving the area without delay and making my way towards the station, robbed me of my right to be generally inconvenienced by the Police and to have a baton wielded against me.

I pay the same proportion of the police fee as everybody else and I object to the fact that they are ignoring me. This amounts to unfair discrimination and I am seriously considering a change in my behaviour pattern in order to get value for money.

You'll be pleased to know however that the British Transport Police lived up to their reputation and singled me out on my arrival at London Road station. My ticket for the 16:00 train back to London was not good enough for them and they told me in no uncertain terms that I was not going to be allowed to sit in my booked seat - and for no greater reason than they wanted to let all the away fans sit together. I was told that I must go to the back of the train and sit in a seat in one of the first class carriages that I would find there. To be honest I would have preferred to have been herded down to first class but, after the total lack of action against me by the county force I was consoled by the fact that their mobile colleagues did spare me some of their time.

FFS, people. You know where the trouble is going to be - or you should do by now. Standing outside the away end at the end of the match is a bit like like taking a stroll in the fast lane of a busy motorway ; you should know that you are risking more than a little pain in each case - so why do it?

I was at Holmes Park tonight and stood in front of Lee Hoos. It was interesting to overhear some of the comments he was making about Leicestershire Police and the cost of a batten charge on Saturday and the fee they want to charge for the Lincoln game. He suggested to a friend that it would make more sense to play the game behind closed doors and not have to pay them.

From his comments it sounded like he may be on your side if you took any complaints to him.

I spoke to Lee (thats Lee Hoos, not Jobber) in L1 directly after the incident, he couldn't believe the way our constabulary reacted, I have made a formal complaint to the police for the threat made, there has also been a complaint made to the IPCC. The fact that the officer in question in my incident was intimidating towards my wife when I asked him if he had a problem with me (having stared directly at me for 70+ minutes of the game) and making up a load of bull, including claiming he was an expert witness (the police are definitely not expert witnesses in legal terms) was laughable.

The sergeant who told the officer to move away from us made the comment 'if you act like animals, we'll treat you like animals', hardly a considered view of what went on, the police only had one minor incident to deal with in L1 when one of the lads decided to overreact to the goal.

Leicestershire Constabulary is milking our club because it can't get enough money from the council tax, a county auditor has confirmed that the police rates charged to city are hugely inflated when compared to the charges made to the tigers.

Last edited:
But why now, why the sudden complaints? Have the Police suddenly put their prices up?

Is the price dictated by our behaviour at the previous match? By the away fans?

I'd guess it's our new status as being one of the big boys in our division. Maybe they were charging the same last year for bigger crowds and bigger travelling support.

I'd guess it's our new status as being one of the big boys in our division. Maybe they were charging the same last year for bigger crowds and bigger travelling support.

No we've been overcharged for years, it was pointed out to me by someone who has access to the Leicestershire Constabularies accounts.

...a county auditor has confirmed that the police rates charged to city are hugely inflated when compared to the charges made to the tigers.

Hardly comparing like with like. I dare say that the Tigers complain that their charge is out of proportion to the cricket club and in turn the cricket club complain theirs is out of proportion to the local crown green bowling fixture.

In other words, when was the last time there was trouble at a Tigers match :102:

FFS, people. You know where the trouble is going to be - or you should do by now. Standing outside the away end at the end of the match is a bit like like taking a stroll in the fast lane of a busy motorway ; you should know that you are risking more than a little pain in each case - so why do it?

Wise words from a wise old sage :icon_lol:

Hardly comparing like with like. I dare say that the Tigers complain that their charge is out of proportion to the cricket club and in turn the cricket club complain theirs is out of proportion to the local crown green bowling fixture.

In other words, when was the last time there was trouble at a Tigers match :102:

That's why I said out of proportion, I know that Tigers generally don't even request officers for matches but if someone on an audit questions the figures you'd expect that there may be a problem wouldn't you?

What the police charge is largely unregulated so all they have to do is provoke some situations to increase their charges to us.

The Trust research also points to gross over charging.

But Biffa, the police are like it all over the country.

I remember an away forest match around six years ago. It had all kicked off outside after the match, so I elected to stay in the ground until things had died down because I had my son with me who was 8 or 9 at the time. A copper walked up to us with his arms outstreched to his sides as if he was herding cattle and told us to leave. I told him I was waiting for things to calm down but he was having none of it and threatened me with arrest if I did not leave. This was only about 5 mins after the final whistle so it was not like I had been standing there for ages. We argued the fact but he was not backing down. He then told me I was a bad parent for bringing my son to the match and I should know better. I then walked off and we waited somewhere else. To this day I have not had a reply to my letter I sent straight after the match to the Nottinghamshire police.
They are just a bunch of arrogant twats and things will never change.

After reading the FT thread I don't doubt that that some people were unfairly treated on Saturday.

BUT when I got to the ground on Saturday (with my four year old son) I happened to get there just as the Millwall fans were being shepherded into the ground

Standing around the edge of the police cordon was a large number of wanker chavs pretending to look menacing and generally getting in the way of the police

When I left the ground I also encountered a significant number of same wanker chav fans hanging around the away end, despite the announcement that the Millwall fans were being kept in. I had parked up on Sawday Street where again there were significant numbers of pitiful chav fans simply hanging around, presumably waiting for the away fans to be released. Without wishing to generalise in any way, they were foul mouthed chav yob tossers pretending to be hard

The police cordon moved up the street herding them up to Aylestone Road and were met with torrents of abuse as they did so. They clearly saw that I was just a regular fan walking along with my son (dawdling along, as four year olds are wont to to) and so they just left me completely alone

I got to my car and left, and the chav posse were still hanging around at the top of Walnut Street trying to look extremely hard

Not being funny, but from what I witnessed that particular group of individuals fully deserved to be treated like scum, because that is precisely what they were

Not excusing the treatment of the lad and his dad from FT for one minute, but there are two sides to the way the police are forced to behave on such occasions

Last edited:
After reading the FT thread I don't doubt that that some people were unfairly treated on Saturday.

BUT when I got to the ground on Saturday (with my four year old son) I happened to get there just as the Millwall fans were being shepherded into the ground

Standing around the edge of the police cordon was a large number of wanker chavs pretending to look menacing and generally getting in the way of the police

When I left the ground I also encountered a significant number of same wanker chav fans hanging around the away end, despite the announcement that the Millwall fans were being kept in. I had parked up on Sawday Street where again there were significant numbers of pitiful chav fans simply hanging around, presumably waiting for the away fans to be released. Without wishing to generalise in any way, they were foul mouthed chav yob tossers pretending to be hard

The police cordon moved up the street herding them up to Aylestone Road and were met with torrents of abuse as they did so. They clearly saw that I was just a regular fan walking along with my son (dawdling along, as four year olds are wont to to) and so they just left me completely alone

I got to my car and left, and the chav posse were still hanging around at the top of Walnut Street trying to look extremely hard

Not being funny, but from what I witnessed that particular group of individuals fully deserved to be treated like scum, because that is precisely what they were

Not excusing the treatment of the lad and his dad from FT for one minute, but there are two sides to the way the police are forced to behave on such occasions

would it not have been better if they had felt the collars of a few of them rather than just running at them. If these little fcukers are causing problems, arrest them and charge them with something that can keep them away from the grounds on match days. They could have rounded them up and arrested a load of them. But no these wankers will be back for the next match

I noticed that as well. As we left the family end we had to pass all them. Just glad that we got by it all before it kick off. Hard to see what they were hoping to gain from it. The police were going to move them before they let the away fans one way or the other.

My sources say the real naughty boys are off to London on Saturday. This was confirmed when I seen a couple of known chaps to myself in a bookies at half past one on Saturday. I suspect the guys with past trouble knew Saturday would be too much of an operation. However, travelling away it's easier to slip through the net of policing.

My perfectly respectful opinion of the police changed when I was a steward in the away end at Filbo for a few years in the early 90's.

Prior to that I'd given them the benefit of the doubt over what I'd seen as a supporter around the Country. I thought that the minority of thugs required the 'heavy hand for all' that was often applied.

However, this opinion was blown apart when I worked with them at games. In truth, most of the police were horrible, horrible people.

Their general opinion of all footy fans was horrific. On many occasions, I witnessed them antagonising people in order to generate arrests. Creating disorder to justify their attendance. Making up laws and powers in order to scare people off arguing with them. Discussing how lucrative footy was personally, and for the force. Giggling like kids about the 'idiots' who paid to watch matches whilst sneaking friends into games for free. Singing along with racially abusive songs sung by opposition supporters. And so on.

Nothing would surprise me about police activity at footy now. They are a law unto themselves. Nobody in authority believes a footy fan over a police officer so they can pretty much do what they want.

I agree that the best idea is to avoid them altogether whenever possible. However, I've witnessed numerous occasions when this is simply not possible. Once they've decided to single someone out, they will do whatever it takes to get that person. Guilt is not even a consideration. If you've been to enough matches and haven't had it done to you or a friend, it's more through luck than anything else.

My sources say the real naughty boys are off to London on Saturday. This was confirmed when I seen a couple of known chaps to myself in a bookies at half past one on Saturday. I suspect the guys with past trouble knew Saturday would be too much of an operation. However, travelling away it's easier to slip through the net of policing.

As I mentioned in the away thread, it looks as if a meeting may have been arranged with Millwall on Saturday. Anyone thinking of wearing colours to Leyton Orient may want to bear that in mind.

As I mentioned in the away thread, it looks as if a meeting may have been arranged with Millwall on Saturday. Anyone thinking of wearing colours to Leyton Orient may want to bear that in mind.

By 'colours' do you mean Burberry check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669