Moan in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Major

Did any one hear Lee H from here talking about the over zealous policing on Saturday during the moan in?

I just wonder if anybody else saw anything?

Thought you might like to se this. It was posted by one of our wheelchair supporters who attended the game on Saturday on one of our websites and addressed to our 'Fan on the Board'.

O.T.H. said:
FOTB.Ref: Stewarding @ Leicester.

Pete Mate
It may be worth getting Andy Rambler to speak with his opposite number at Leicester and get a few pointers regarding Stewarding.

First class stuff on Saturday. The Stewards were polite, respectful and showed common sense throughout the visit.
One example being there was 10 of us 6 with tickets in the Millwall end, 2 with jublee tickets and 2 with Leicester end Tickets (one for the "I'm not a member" gang to think about).We told the Steward at the gate who just laughed and got us all in the Millwall bit.

Even when a few words were being exchanged between fans near me, the stewards just had a quiet word.

At the end they even let us out early to get on the road home. Also wished us a safe journey, good luck for the season and a handshake.

Now maybe the above is an extreme but compare it to the levels of Customer Service we recieve at the Den.

Thought you might like to se this. It was posted by one of our wheelchair supporters who attended the game on Saturday on one of our websites and addressed to our 'Fan on the Board'.
I must admit, the stewards that I have encountered (was going to say come across, but I know how that will be twisted) has been good. It was the policing that was questionable. Admitting to watching a supporter for an excuse to eject him, when he had done nothing in the first place, is bad enough, but to then be threatened to be ejected for turning up to the next day is bang out of order. The charging of our fans down Burnmoor St and then Brazil Street whilst you were still locked in the stadium, again, was unnecessary. This is supposed to be a civilised society, but as the police sergeant who helped to take the one we were in discussions with said, "behave like animals, you'll be treated like animals". I didn't see anything to justify that opinion on Saturday.

On another forum, Millwall fans have said "we get that every week", but surely no football fan should be treated with no respect at all. :102:

But to reiterate, my problem is not with the stewards, it's the police.

I must admit, the stewards that I have encountered (was going to say come across, but I know how that will be twisted) has been good. It was the policing that was questionable. Admitting to watching a supporter for an excuse to eject him, when he had done nothing in the first place, is bad enough, but to then be threatened to be ejected for turning up to the next day is bang out of order. The charging of our fans down Burnmoor St and then Brazil Street whilst you were still locked in the stadium, again, was unnecessary. This is supposed to be a civilised society, but as the police sergeant who helped to take the one we were in discussions with said, "behave like animals, you'll be treated like animals". I didn't see anything to justify that opinion on Saturday.

On another forum, Millwall fans have said "we get that every week", but surely no football fan should be treated with no respect at all. :102:

But to reiterate, my problem is not with the stewards, it's the police.

I know a policeman that was working at the club saturday i will ask him latter what went off .

all of the police are *****, its genetics. having just read on FT what happened to that lad it sounds very believable, the only bother I have had in the past few years at football has been heavy handed twats that call themselves policemen. great ****ing use of money if you ask me :098:

I know a policeman that was working at the club saturday i will ask him latter what went off .

If he's the officer I had a problem with on saturday he'll make up a story about what happened and then tell you he is an expert witness and can't be wrong doncha know.

I was at Holmes Park tonight and stood in front of Lee Hoos. It was interesting to overhear some of the comments he was making about Leicestershire Police and the cost of a batten charge on Saturday and the fee they want to charge for the Lincoln game. He suggested to a friend that it would make more sense to play the game behind closed doors and not have to pay them.

From his comments it sounded like he may be on your side if you took any complaints to him.

I was at Holmes Park tonight and stood in front of Lee Hoos. It was interesting to overhear some of the comments he was making about Leicestershire Police and the cost of a batten charge on Saturday and the fee they want to charge for the Lincoln game. He suggested to a friend that it would make more sense to play the game behind closed doors and not have to pay them.

From his comments it sounded like he may be on your side if you took any complaints to him.
Sounds more to me that he thinks the fans can't be trusted to walk away from the stadium peacefully, so instead of having to waste extra police money on getting the dimwits away, they'd rather not let them in, in the first place.

Sounds more to me that he thinks the fans can't be trusted to walk away from the stadium peacefully, so instead of having to waste extra police money on getting the dimwits away, they'd rather not let them in, in the first place.

Or it could be more to do with the fact that our local force wanted to charge us 3 x the cost of the local force at Millwall for policing the same set of visiting fans (Tranmere).

Our checks with various supporters organisations, both at other League One clubs & nationally like the FSF, has Tranmere as having a fan base with minimal trouble.

Or it could be more to do with the fact that our local force wanted to charge us 3 x the cost of the local force at Millwall for policing the same set of visiting fans (Tranmere).
And I'm sure there are more expensive forces than ours.

So why has this just cropped up now?

May not have got my point across. His mate said that he liked being in Leicester(he was something to do with county FA) and that we had a sporting history, Hoos said yes it's good but my main problem at the minute is the police and went onto say about Saturday and the Lincoln game. He said they wanted about 7k for Lincoln game but gate receipts will only be about 25k. Taking into account all other costs if no fans were there he maybe better off.

May not have got my point across. His mate said that he liked being in Leicester(he was something to do with county FA) and that we had a sporting history, Hoos said yes it's good but my main problem at the minute is the police and went onto say about Saturday and the Lincoln game. He said they wanted about 7k for Lincoln game but gate receipts will only be about 25k. Taking into account all other costs if no fans were there he maybe better off.
But why now, why the sudden complaints? Have the Police suddenly put their prices up?

Is the price dictated by our behaviour at the previous match? By the away fans?

Our checks with various supporters organisations, both at other League One clubs & nationally like the FSF, has Tranmere as having a fan base with minimal trouble.

Just speculating now but from Hoos comments earlier if battons are drawn they can charge more. That would make sense if innocent fans were "attacked" on Saturday. I have always wondered if they can charge more if the police wear riot gear.

Leicester always seem to have more police on duty on matchday than many other clubs I have visited when we are playing there.

if battons are drawn they can charge more
Blimey, I never knew that.

I feel left out. I behave myself at football matches, never taunt the away fans, never taunt the police, never use excessive foul language and for some bizarre reason the police never, EVER seem to pick on me just for fun. It's not fair that all these other innocent people should get picked on and I always miss out.

But why now, why the sudden complaints? Have the Police suddenly put their prices up?

Is the price dictated by our behaviour at the previous match? By the away fans?

Quite possibly, although I have never heard any prices before (except when the Wigan Chairman complain about his local force). I cant really see why more than a couple of police officers are needed for the Lincoln game

Blimey, I never knew that.

I feel left out. I behave myself at football matches, never taunt the away fans, never taunt the police, never use excessive foul language and for some bizarre reason the police never, EVER seem to pick on me just for fun. It's not fair that all these other innocent people should get picked on and I always miss out.

I was nowhere near the supposed incident on Saturday, but from reading comments on FT and here it sounds like your "average" fan was arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566