Moan in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I mentioned in the away thread, it looks as if a meeting may have been arranged with Millwall on Saturday. Anyone thinking of wearing colours to Leyton Orient may want to bear that in mind.

I am sure that the 'meeting' will be well away from where most of us will be finding ourselves and fans on to their way to the game in the ordinary way will be in no greater risk of danger than they always are.

I caught the same service back to St Pancras as the majority of the train-travelling Millwall fans after the game on Saturday. By the time I reached the Northern line platforms, it was just me and about 150 Millwall: I wasn't made to feel in any danger at any time, despite my very openly wearing a City replica shirt. Let's not overstate the risks here - there are lives to be lived.

I am sure that the 'meeting' will be well away from where most of us will be finding ourselves and fans on to their way to the game in the ordinary way will be in no greater risk of danger than they always are.

I caught the same service back to St Pancras as the majority of the train-travelling Millwall fans after the game on Saturday. By the time I reached the Northern line platforms, it was just me and about 150 Millwall: I wasn't made to feel in any danger at any time, despite my very openly wearing a City replica shirt. Let's not overstate the risks here - there are lives to be lived.

Can't argue with any of that, I just think people should be aware that there may be more going on on Saturday than the normal gentle day out you would expect at Leyton Orient, and they should just keep their eyes out in Central London.

how many did you scare off to get them down to that? It could be a very interesting weekend with games for us, Millwall, West Ham, Newcastle......

how many did you scare off to get them down to that? It could be a very interesting weekend with games for us, Millwall, West Ham, Newcastle......

Oh Fitz, just in case I don't bump in to you, bear in mind the Wetherspoons at Liverpool Street is usually shut for at least a couple of hours after 17.00 if you were thinking of having a pint in there on the way back to the North-East.

Oh Fitz, just in case I don't bump in to you, bear in mind the Wetherspoons at Liverpool Street is usually shut for at least a couple of hours after 17.00 if you were thinking of having a pint in there on the way back to the North-East.

cheers for the news mate, I'll most definitely see you guys at the bar up Orient. I'm staying in Lahdahn until Sunday so will perhaps see you lot after the game somewhere also

But why now, why the sudden complaints? Have the Police suddenly put their prices up?
:038:

Making up laws and powers in order to scare people off arguing with them. ...Nobody in authority believes a footy fan over a police officer so they can pretty much do what they want.
That's what we had on Saturday, so Biffa B told him I was studying law. This is why he felt the need to get right into my face to tell me something that is absolute crap. There were two Inspectors on my course, and they spent the whole of the criminal law module saying "didn't know that".

As for the last part, it is possible to be cleared. We witnessed someone being ejected for nothing, and we acted as witnesses, and the magistrates found the guy not guilty. He also had a bloody good lawyer, and if anyone ever finds themselves in trouble with the police at a game, I would always advice you to get legal advice ASAP, and never accept a caution.

Can't argue with any of that, I just think people should be aware that there may be more going on on Saturday than the normal gentle day out you would expect at Leyton Orient, and they should just keep their eyes out in Central London.

Yes. I agree.

Isn't that dependent on Tottenham being at home?

They're playing on Sunday this weekend.

Isn't that dependent on Tottenham being at home?

They're playing on Sunday this weekend.

No they do it most Saturdays, on the advice of the British Transport Police. On Saturday, for instance you will get a lot of West Ham fans early doors, and after 17.00 you get all sorts of fans passing through, and many would gravitate towards the Wetherspoons.

No they do it most Saturdays, on the advice of the British Transport Police. On Saturday, for instance you will get a lot of West Ham fans early doors, and after 17.00 you get all sorts of fans passing through, and many would gravitate towards the Wetherspoons.

Thanks for that. I have been misinformed.

Just spoken to the manager at Hamilton Hall - I have arranged to meet people there both before and after the match. He says they are NOT closed most weekends and won't be closed tomorrow.

Most closures are apparently pre-arranged about 48 hours earlier - he is pleased about this because it gives him chance to make staffing adjustments. Most of the closures relate to the timing of Tottenham's home games but they are not closed for all of them. There is a three-tier system - i) pub should be closed, ii) pub should be prepared to close at short notice, iii) pub may stay open (though may be closed with no notice, if circumstances dictate). This weekend Saturday is a iii). He is still waiting to hear about Sunday but has been told that it will probably be a ii).

Just what I have been told - and it does seem odd when set beside your assertion that it is closed most weeks.

Just spoken to the manager at Hamilton Hall - I have arranged to meet people there both before and after the match. He says they are NOT closed most weekends and won't be closed tomorrow.

Most closures are apparently pre-arranged about 48 hours earlier - he is pleased about this because it gives him chance to make staffing adjustments. Most of the closures relate to the timing of Tottenham's home games but they are not closed for all of them. There is a three-tier system - i) pub should be closed, ii) pub should be prepared to close at short notice, iii) pub may stay open (though may be closed with no notice, if circumstances dictate). This weekend Saturday is a iii). He is still waiting to hear about Sunday but has been told that it will probably be a ii).

Just what I have been told - and it does seem odd when set beside your assertion that it is closed most weeks.

I can only go on what friends tell me. I would not be totally amazed to hear that you are unable to gain admittance tomorrow.:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00