Molly Badham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

I will probaly get slated for another R.I.P thread, but i feel obliged to mention the passing of Molly Badham. Molly in 1963 was the founder member of Twycross zoo and was a tireless worker at the establishment. In recent years my dad often visited the zoo and supplied them with plastic buckets to feed the animals with. He often spoke with Molly and she was very grateful of my dads albeit small but thoughtful contribution.
R.I.P Molly Badham.

I will probaly get slated for another R.I.P thread, but i feel obliged to mention the passing of Molly Badham. Molly in 1963 was the founder member of Twycross zoo and was a tireless worker at the establishment. In recent years my dad often visited the zoo and supplied them with plastic buckets to feed the animals with. He often spoke with Molly and she was very grateful of my dads albeit small but thoughtful contribution.
R.I.P Molly Badham.

FFS BB are you ever going to start a remembrance thread about somebody I've heard of? :icon_lol:

As for Twycross zoo, I've been there a couple of times & there are no happy animals there, woefully inadequate facilities for the animals, it's like chimp prison.

FFS BB are you ever going to start a remembrance thread about somebody I've heard of? :icon_lol:

As for Twycross zoo, I've been there a couple of times & there are no happy animals there, woefully inadequate facilities for the animals, it's like chimp prison.

When was the last time you visited Macky?

I went last year and thought it was on a par with most other places:102:.

I wasn't comparing it with anywhere else Just that it looked like a ****ing horrific place to be trapped in if you're a monkey or a chimp, I suppose the same as any other place that tries to keep wild animals on a limited budget.

I've never really given it too much thought but I suppose they are all animal prisons, perhaps I'm a bit stoned, why has it gone italic? I didn't do that.
But anyway, I just remember the over riding feeling at Twycross that all of the animals looked cooped up in very unnatural surroundings and just looked completely ****ing miserable, understandably.

I wasn't comparing it with anywhere else Just that it looked like a ****ing horrific place to be trapped in if you're a monkey or a chimp, I suppose the same as any other place that tries to keep wild animals on a limited budget.

I've never really given it too much thought but I suppose they are all animal prisons, perhaps I'm a bit stoned, why has it gone italic? I didn't do that.
But anyway, I just remember the over riding feeling at Twycross that all of the animals looked cooped up in very unnatural surroundings and just looked completely ****ing miserable, understandably.

This is a R.I.P thread and i'm ****ing laughing:icon_lol: .Shame on me:icon_redf

This is a R.I.P thread and i'm ****ing laughing:icon_lol: .Shame on me:icon_redf

I really don't know what happened there, is there a keyboard shortcut to go italic because I was concentrating on typing at the time?

'Go italic'??? Oooo sounds impressive, "let's go italic bitch"

I went to Twycross Zoo once, it was enjoyable.

Ive always enjoyed Twycross, however after visiting another 'zoo' abroad this year it did highlight how inadequate Tywcross' facilities actually are.

I really don't know what happened there, is there a keyboard shortcut to go italic because I was concentrating on typing at the time?

'Go italic'??? Oooo sounds impressive, "let's go italic bitch"

ctrl i, yo probably went to press shift I but hit ctrl instead. Dumbass

Try going to Monkey World in Dorset, the facilities there are fantastic and makes the Twycross "enclosures" look like telephone boxes.

These people are the ones that do the real work with chimps. If and when you visit, read up on the background of these chimps, the force feeding of heroin, the diy removal of their teeth, getting them smoking to look cute. The trauma that these animals have seen is unreal. It brought a tear to my eye.

If ever I win the lottery, this is where my donations will go.

Try going to Monkey World in Dorset, the facilities there are fantastic and makes the Twycross "enclosures" look like telephone boxes.

These people are the ones that do the real work with chimps. If and when you visit, read up on the background of these chimps, the force feeding of heroin, the diy removal of their teeth, getting them smoking to look cute. The trauma that these animals have seen is unreal. It brought a tear to my eye.

If ever I win the lottery, this is where my donations will go.

why would chimps be at Monkey World?

Apart from the rare species breeding done at TZ, the place is a disgrace.

I took my daughter there a few months ago and the standard of accomodation for the animals and the state a lot of them looked, was awful. It was my first visit for many years. I won't be going again.

TZ is outdated and Molly was a well meaning but quite loony old dear. Hopefully, now she's gone, some progress/closure will follow.

Apart from the rare species breeding done at TZ, the place is a disgrace.

I took my daughter there a few months ago and the standard of accomodation for the animals and the state a lot of them looked, was awful. It was my first visit for many years. I won't be going again.

TZ is outdated and Molly was a well meaning but quite loony old dear. Hopefully, now she's gone, some progress/closure will follow.

I'll be the first at the auction to buy, preferabaly, a monkey. I want one that was in the teabag adverts so I can dress him and send him to the shops to get me things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48