more train help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get to manchester from Harborough or Leicester next friday night or as early as possible Saturday morning for the lowest amount possible. Any of you train gurus able to offer any help?

Do you need to come back again, and if so, when?

It used to be cheaper to split tickets at Nottingham but I don't know if that's still the case, and it didn't work if you wanted to come back on a different day.

If you don't mind a really early start on the Saturday morning, there is a £12.50 single ticket on the 5.11am service out of Manchester Piccadilly. Change at Birminghan New Street, arrives Leicester 8.13am.

If you don't mind a really early start on the Saturday morning, there is a £12.50 single ticket on the 5.11am service out of Manchester Piccadilly. Change at Birminghan New Street, arrives Leicester 8.13am.

Nice, but I'm sure he want's to go the other way ;)

I need to get to manchester from Harborough or Leicester next friday night or as early as possible Saturday morning for the lowest amount possible. Any of you train gurus able to offer any help?

05:49 Saturday morning from Leicester, change at New Street - dep New Steet 06:57 - arrives Manchester Piccadilly at 08:35 - ADV single £12.50.

This fare is subject to its continuing availability. Book it at a station, on the website of a train operating company or from redspottedhankie.com if you don't want to pat a booking charge or credit/debit card fee.

Last edited:
in train news

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ministers-unveil-9-4bn-rail-plans-074752854.html

wonder what that will bring the KXSP-Leicester time down to...

and will it solve the problem of pikeys nicking track and making me get to Leicester via Melton Mowbray, Rutland Water, annoyingly bending around Syston then stopping at Loughborough, as happened a week ago :-(

Pikeys nicking track?

Seriously?

Have you thought about how they would go about doing that?

Are you sure it wasn't because someone had nicked some copper signalling cable?

ah yes, I meant the cable :)

Actually I have no idea what really caused the carnage of a week ago, pikeys was a rumour. It was supposed to be just north of Leicester before Syston

It says "signalling problems between Leicester and Loughborough"

*shrug*

The only way to really know is to ask the train spotters....urk

Actually I have no idea what really caused the carnage of a week ago, pikeys was a rumour. It was supposed to be just north of Leicester before Syston

It says "signalling problems between Leicester and Loughborough"

*shrug*

The only way to really know is to ask the train spotters....urk

I like the term pikey, the lest vestige of the casual racist.

i can use "travelling community" if you want...

as a euphemism for gypos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670