more train help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is, just like nigger and paki are other words for other races of people.

but those words are usually used in a negative connotation, which is why they are racist.

Pikey seems to be used to describe a 'traveller' but not necessarily in a negative way.

Does using the terms Gypsies, Eskimos, Pommies make you a racist as well?

but those words are usually used in a negative connotation, which is why they are racist.

Pikey seems to be used to describe a 'traveller' but not necessarily in a negative way.

Gypsies is misleading as there are several different types of travellers, only one of which refers to themselves as Gypsies. And do you think Darth really meant to use it in a positive way? He didn't use it to describe a traveller, he used it to describe a thief and someone who is 'hard to love'.

If people want to use the term then that's up to them, I wouldn't get offended by it the same as I wouldn't any term not aimed at me, I just think people who wouldn't use other terms but use Pikeys are a bit hypocritical.

Last edited:

bollox, it means thieving gypsy bastard!

Gypsies is misleading as there are several different types of travellers, only one of which refers to themselves as Gypsies. And do you think Darth really meant to use it in a positive way? He didn't use it to describe a traveller, he used it to describe a thief and someone who is 'hard to love'.

If people want to use the term then that's up to them, I wouldn't get offended by it the same as I wouldn't any term not aimed at me, I just think people who wouldn't use other terms but use Pikeys are a bit hypocritical.

Just because it isn't negative doesn't mean it has to be positive.

I was just pointing out that 'pikey' isn't necessarily a derogatory word and therefore somebody using it shouldn't be called a casual racist.

Just as people saying Eskimo, Pommies, shouldn't be called casual racists.

I was just pointing out that 'pikey' isn't necessarily a derogatory word and therefore somebody using it shouldn't be called a casual racist.

Fair enough, I don't see how anyone could mean it as anything other than negative but I'll take your word for it.

'Pikey' is most definitely pejorative, particularly in the context DV used it

let me get this straight, I meant pikey in a derogatory way and I don't like them

does this make me a racist...I'd argue not because their travelling/theiving is a lifestyle choice and not a race, but it's a grey area...defining race is difficult enough

let me get this straight, I meant pikey in a derogatory way and I don't like them

does this make me a racist...I'd argue not because their travelling/theiving is a lifestyle choice and not a race, but it's a grey area...defining race is difficult enough

www.kent.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=2447&theme=mobile

A race can be any clearly defined and identifiable social group.

*edit* You filthy racist :icon_wink

Last edited:
A race can be any clearly defined and identifiable social group.

so chavs are a race?

and polo players?

and ladies that do lunch?

Do chavs, polo players and ladies that do lunch have clearly identifiable phenotypical traits?

don't go fishing for a reaction with your Dawkins words ;-)

don't go fishing for a reaction with your Dawkins words ;-)

There's little point in reading all those books if I can't troll people with the clever sounding words that I've learnt :icon_wink

Do chavs, polo players and ladies that do lunch have clearly identifiable phenotypical traits?

Dunno, but 6 greyhounds do. They constitute a race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00