More Train Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

Looking for a reasonable fare from leicester to sheffield saturday afternoon returning sunday dinner any ideas?

Yes Chris

An 'walk up and buy' off peak return is £23.00, which you will struggle to beat if i'm honest, especially the day before. Even if you had given a bit of notice, I doubt it would have been much cheaper.

Is the coach an option? You could do it for £12.80 on National Express from St Margarets if you went on 14.45pm and came back on Sunday at 18.25pm.

An 'walk up and buy' off peak return is £23.00, which you will struggle to beat if i'm honest, especially the day before. Even if you had given a bit of notice, I doubt it would have been much cheaper.

Is the coach an option? You could do it for £12.80 on National Express from St Margarets if you went on 14.45pm and came back on Sunday at 18.25pm.

Not for me mate but cheers anyways

If it's after the game you could borrow my son and our Family and Friends ticket. :icon_bigg
Trouble is you would need a child to go back with to Leicester on Sunday unless you pretend he is in the toilet when the guard comes to check the tickets or sit next to a family and pretend one of the kids is yours:icon_bigg

Last edited:
If it's after the game you could borrow my son and our Family and Friends ticket. :icon_bigg
Trouble is you would need a child to go back with to Leicester on Sunday unless you pretend he is in the toilet when the guard comes to check the tickets or sit next to a family and pretend one of the kids is yours:icon_bigg

Only just seen this MF well the thought was there. It was for my workmate and his pals went up to sheff for a night out. He bagged a WPC from Barnsley :icon_wink

Only just seen this MF well the thought was there. It was for my workmate and his pals went up to sheff for a night out. He bagged a WPC from Barnsley :icon_wink

I bet she gave him a reet good time!

Were any hand cuffs involved?

What I've heard of some Barnsley women he might have come away with more than he bargained for.:icon_bigg

Which nightclub did you go to? My daughter was out clubbing in Sheffield on the same night.

Last edited:
Can anyone find cheap returns from Leicester to London on the 10th of April? It's bloody pricey.

Can anyone find cheap returns from Leicester to London on the 10th of April? It's bloody pricey.

East Midlands Trains

It depends what time you want to travel but you should be able to find pairs of Advance Singles for £34 which is a third off the normal Super Off-Peak Return walk-up fare. Or First Class for £36, a massive discount from the £94 walk-up fare.

There are no Megatrain tickets on East Midlands Trains on a Sunday.

Be aware though that Sunday trains to and from the capital take the best part of 2 hours on the journey rather than the just over an hour on the weekday past trains.

Last edited:
Thanks, maybe i'll go down on Friday instead, i don't want to miss the home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00