Moronic footballers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand why people are getting so worked up about a player just trying to showboat and entertain the crowd, especially in a friendly. I'd like more of that kind of thing myself.

I do understand what you mean PR and I agree with many things you post. However, I disagree a bit in this instance. Man City are trying to be taken seriously as a club these days as one of the big boys and to me this looks a bit like someone not giving the game the respect needed. I can't imagine a Man Utd player doing the same for instance.

There is also the impact on the MLS, who are desperately trying to prove themselves as a legitimate sport in America. If their teams are playing against top European sides (albeit in friendlies) then they are trying to prove to their potential audience that they should see it as a viable league to go and watch, whereas Balotelli doing what he did implies that our sides don't see these games of being worthy of doing things properly and therefore it could be detrimental to the growth of football in the US. I'm sure the Galaxy didn't appreciate it at all.

Balotelli acts like a spoilt brat because he is one - but who can blame him: comes from a troubled background, starts earning millions at a young age and knows only of this very strange football world, gets lots of racist abuse and it's always pointed out what a troublemaker he is. I hope someone - Mancini? - can guide him right.

Ibrahimovic had these tendencies too, and he's really matured now so it's an age thing too of course. It's just how much talent he's going to waste until he realizes that.

As for this occasion, I think Mancini did the right thing - Balotelli couldn't have said "I don't give a shit about this" in a clearer way than he did.

To be fair, you could hear a whistle from the crowd and it seems as though Balotelli thought it was from the ref. He also symbolled that to Mancini during their touchline spat.

He's a prick, every time Iv'e seen him play he's offered absolutely **** all. When he's actually achieved something and proved himself over a career then he can start giving it the big 'I am'

To be fair, you could hear a whistle from the crowd and it seems as though Balotelli thought it was from the ref. He also symbolled that to Mancini during their touchline spat.

There was a definite noise from the crowd, which is why he did what he did. I dont like the guy but definitely a case of his reputation going before him.

Ok, following on from that very active goalie, lets see some disagreement between other sportsmen.

Not football on this though, French runners instead.

Video here

I know there isn't a 'Moronic Athletes' thread yet so I've posted it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669