Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is our best keeper since Flowers imho. He has saved us points and earned us points . As previously stated he is an awesome shot stopper . He is a bit iffy in a crowded box and he frustrates the hell out of me when he kicks either into touch or straight to the keeper at the other end . Don't get me started on punching the ball . The latter however is down to the latest type of ball being too inconsistent in its flight goal-wards hence the need to punch as stated by the man himself. Is there better available ? I don't think so . In this recent run his assists are invaluable. Also if I say anything really negative the current Mrs Lazzer will hunt me down and kill me .

We couldn't replace him with better with the money we would get for Kasper.

I approve of what BN and lazzer say. This means feck all, but hey, so do most things that I think.

With silly money being banded about in the EPL by clubs who used to know better, and Steve Walsh's little black book, I'm not sure I agree with that. At the least we could replace him with better by adding the money we would get for Kasper to the club's coffers though.

Whilst Kasper is clearly very good, he does have weaknesses and probably one of the weaker spots in the first choice XI - at the least he needs a reserve to really push him for his place, which is something that old australian fella is not going to do. At the risk of turning into a footballing hipster, Germany has produced some very good goalkeepers recently - I'd be confident that Bernd Leno or Timo Horn would make an impact in this league while also having very many years in front of them.

imo good but not great keeper but he seems pivotal in the squad commorardery, he was always destined to be pushed to old trafford ,especially by his dad, but he seems happy here and even his dad knows we are a better team (maybe not a better club at the moment), i hope he stays

When asked about comparisons with his father he usually gets a bit annoyed and claims he wants to be judged on his own abilities. Therefore going to Manchester United would be a strange move for him .

When asked about comparisons with his father he usually gets a bit annoyed and claims he wants to be judged on his own abilities. Therefore going to Manchester United would be a strange move for him .

If he wins a top level trophy then it'll be compared against what his dad won. If he goes to Manure he loses any chance of that.

Having had a think about this I understand the reluctance to accept my point of view on this one.

He is a massive part of the squad morale and he has been here a long time, I would be saddened to see him leave for these reasons.

The standard of goalkeeping in the world today is very poor in general.

Really?! The modern game moves so, so much faster than it did even ten years ago, for example. The ball is hit with more pace and flies much more quickly than it has before due to the perfect ptiches the game is played on. A lot of the 'excellent' keepers of the early 2000s and 90s are no better than than the keepers of today and in many instances would probably struggle IMO.

I can't agree that 'keeping is poorer than it has been previously when the game is so fast.

Kasper is also one of the players that when interviewed, consistently says the right things and for that reason I agree, we should hold on as much as possible. His impact on the team spirit must be invaluable.

Really?! The modern game moves so, so much faster than it did even ten years ago, for example. The ball is hit with more pace and flies much more quickly than it has before due to the perfect ptiches the game is played on. A lot of the 'excellent' keepers of the early 2000s and 90s are no better than than the keepers of today and in many instances would probably struggle IMO.

I can't agree that 'keeping is poorer than it has been previously when the game is so fast.

Relatively then if you prefer.

Although shot stopping and reflexes have developed to keep up with the faster pace and less predictable balls, decision making is poorer in general IMO. There a few modern keepers that command their areas and defences very well, you are fortunate now if your keeper can command his six yard box.

weve been linked with a couple of goalkeepers recently,the young lad from Standard Leige looked an able backup keeper but Lovre Kalanic looks a very able replacement

Even Pullis talks about how he'd like to keep Berahino - even if everyone with eyes can see he doesn't and fat lad is now a pile of drink-driving, attitude-riven shit.

Can't imagine the owners being happy if Clownio came out and said "the lads an absolute sack of shit that we can't shift and I can't believe Pea Son signed him"

Shane Long looks to be available from Southampton following the signing of Charlie Austin, I think he would be a cracking signing as his style compliments our high intensity pressing game of earlier in season and he would be able to provide competition and cover for both Vardy and Shinji, whilst he is also pretty useful in air. Fee and wages would fit in with current structure, and he has always seemed a good pro so should fit in well with squad, for me perfect fit and just the player to helps us kick on in 2nd half of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669