Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
London Standard reporting that we asked about him and were interested but he wanted to move to Southampton because the location suited him better and he was more likely to start every match.

Mind you, if David Gold is even close to being right that he's on £100k a week then no wonder there were few takers and he could well have caused some wage inflation here as others would be wanting parity.

All that, plus his notorious knee and I personally think he's best avoided.
Nothing would guarantee a tail off in our season quicker than a message to the players of "you were good enough to get us this far but we need a guy on twice your salary to see us over the line".

We have a brilliant scouting network that identifies players based on a brilliant set of metrics. We rave about this, we don't now need them to abandon these principals in a panic buy. If there are no players that fit and that we can attain at a sensible salary then there is no point buying.

A bigger boon to us would be if we could extract more goals from the likes of Drinkwater, Albrighton and Kante to complement their superb play.

I also realise a lot of this isn't relevant to your post but couldn't be arsed to type it again.

Also, there are no strikers in the Prem who are in form and attainable. Somebody like Gomis is far too far from fom whereas those scoring are worth so much now to their team (Ighalo) that they'd be stupid money.

Anyone from abroad is a huge risk if we want immediate impact, as we learned with Kramaric. Same goes for the Chpionship really.

Claudio keeps refering to Kramarpants as an unbelievable goalscorer, seems we dont want to use one of those then?

Also, there are no strikers in the Prem who are in form and attainable. Somebody like Gomis is far too far from fom whereas those scoring are worth so much now to their team (Ighalo) that they'd be stupid money.

Anyone from abroad is a huge risk if we want immediate impact, as we learned with Kramaric. Same goes for the Chpionship really.

Matt_B can I ask did the scouting team stick a pin in a board and come up with the name Kramaric ? they paid a handsome sum for somebody Pearson thought could do a job for us.I have friends in Croatia who Follow Rijeka and they state given a run in the Team he would do a job for us.Is it tactic with CR ie: corner kicks both defending and pressing that he feels Ulloa is better suited than Kramaric ? God forbid we get one of the three injured then where do we stand. Kramaric mentioned on Sky as going out on loan to FC Copenhagen ?

Every game that Ulloa fails to perform and every game that Vardy fails to score, Kramaric (in some people's eyes) becomes a better and better player.

Of course Ranieri is going to talk him up publicly. He's not going to say, "He will never get in our team because he isn't good enough for this level and doesn't suit the way the team plays". Not that I'm saying this is the case. What I'm saying is you can largely take what s manager says about a player in public with a massive pinch of salt.

There is obviously a reason why first Pearson and now Ranieri, under the advice of the same backroom team, don't pick him. I wish him the best of luck and I too was excited when we signed him. Not based on any prior knowledge of him but the fact that we beat Chelsea to his signature and his goalscoring record looked very good.

Let him go. Hopefully on a permanent deal if possible and then both parties can move on.

Various places reckon that Man Utd want Kasper to replace De Gea if he goes to Real Madrid.

would be a good bit of business if we can get big bucks

Don't need the money and he's good enough for us imo.

Who would you get to replace him as there aren't many better keepers in the PL that would realistically come to us.

No it categorically would not. We don't need big bucks.

A keeper that can catch would be good though.

I'm being overly harsh, but let's be honest, he's pretty shocking at dealing with corners and crosses.

Also his distribution is frustratingly poor at times.

I suppose I wouldn't be too upset if he left or stayed to be honest.

I'm being overly harsh, but let's be honest, he's pretty shocking at dealing with corners and crosses.

The standard of goalkeeping in the world today is very poor in general. Kasper is at least average for the premier league IMO.
Regarding his distribution, i don't believe he is poor but I think that because he is ambitious with his attempts his success rate is always going to be low, but that is the same with all of our teams passing, and is a deliberate decision.

Yes his handling of crosses is a weakness, but we would just be swapping one weakness for another if we replace him.

Yeah that awful distribution that pretty much assisted our goal on Saturday evening!

Be gone with him! :icon rolleyes:

Do you have any stats to shoshow how many goals we've conceded from corners or free kicks? I can't remember many but I may be wrong.

Totally 100% agree

I have a lot of time for Schmeichel but if Man Utd are genuinely interested in him as first team keeper, then they really are in trouble.

He's not big enough and he hasn't improved in the years he's been with us. In fact, I'd say that his first season with us was his best.
On the other hand, his personality is clearly key around the club. He is a strong and positive influence. He's also as good as you get at shot stopping (within his reach). I've never had an issue with his distribution. He doesn't play it safe and I commend this. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

All in all, he's fine for us as long as we're pretty solid defensively. As soon as we are vulnerable, he looks weak.

Never in a million years is he Man Utd class.

He's still only 29 though which is still young for a goalkeeper as a lot don't blossom until into their 30s.

People always say how it's good to have players at a team for a long time but here we have someone who has played over 200 games for us, is just about coming into the peak of his career, has earnt us a lot more points than he has costs us, seems to be a good pro and well liked and respected member of the squad, regular international who always earns good reports when playing and some people still want rid?!?

Goalkeeper can be a notoriously difficult position to fill, just look at Arsenal for the past 5+ years before this one, so whilst we have a very good one it seems madness to even consider letting him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669