Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But worried that a few sources tonight suggesting Arsenal have matched our asking price of around £5m for Chilwell.

Not only would I not want to lose a great prospect, it seems like a low price compared to what other young English players go for, and I think sends the wrong message when we're challenging up there right now with them

But worried that a few sources tonight suggesting Arsenal have matched our asking price of around £5m for Chilwell.

Not only would I not want to lose a great prospect, it seems like a low price compared to what other young English players go for, and I think sends the wrong message when we're challenging up there right now with them

This CANNOT and MUST NOT be true. Unless the lad wants to leave - and I very much doubt that - then there is absolutely no need.

Would losing Chilwell be that big of a loss?

Yes. We don't know if he's going to be a top player or an also ran yet (remember Joe Mattock?).

However, we must show that we are not a club like Southampton, that can be pushed around by one of the big clubs. In principle, whatever the offer, we should tell them to feck off unless they fancy a swap for Ozil,

Ranieri rates Wasilewski higher i think (as do I!) and Amartey has been signed as a CB/RB/DM utility player i believe so i wouldnt be surprised if Benalouane is allowed to leave. Particularly if we get a good fee.

Not sure about Eder. Looked powderpuff and relatively slow when ive seen him. a good finisher undoubtedly, but 50/50 that he would hit the ground running in my opinion. which January signings have to do.

Id try and get Andre Gray. More in the Deeney mould and similar story to Vardy. Would be on lower wages as well....

£5m is sod all anyway. Not worth entertaining. Chilwell looks a damn good player - first team material.

There is nothing to say we are selling though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669