Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what's more of a shock - that we bid £20m for Deeney or that rejected it!

A lot of money for him IMO. Think we should find an alternative.

Although apparently he wants to join. So maybe he'll end up sticking a transfer request in.

Walsall owed 25% of anything over 500k so imagine that is pushing Watford's demands upwards

I quite like the fact that as a whole "smaller" (us included) clubs are able to reject big offers for their players.

I like Troy muchly. Vardy and him could be a very good partnership.

Deeney is a good player but not sure he's really much of a step up from Ulloa or Okazaki.

Absolute crazy money for him.

I really like Shinji and Leo, both made telling contributions, however I also feel both are limited, Shinji's work rate is superb but feel he can lack quality at crucial times, whilst Leo can lack mobility and his style is more suited to a slower build up, so for me Deeney is most definitely an upgrade on both and a partnership with Vardy would be lethal. His pace, build up play and vision would be superb and his style, attitude and character are a perfect fit. The critical element for me is that he would add an additional goal threat, well capable of bagging 15 goals from a second striker position, which I doubt either Shinji or Leo could do.

Deeney is a good player but not sure he's really much of a step up from Ulloa or Okazaki.

Absolute crazy money for him.

I'd suggest he's much better than both of them.

W
I really like Shinji and Leo, both made telling contributions, however I also feel both are limited, Shinji's work rate is superb but feel he can lack quality at crucial times, whilst Leo can lack mobility and his style is more suited to a slower build up, so for me Deeney is most definitely an upgrade on both and a partnership with Vardy would be lethal. His pace, build up play and vision would be superb and his style, attitude and character are a perfect fit. The critical element for me is that he would add an additional goal threat, well capable of bagging 15 goals from a second striker position, which I doubt either Shinji or Leo could do.
Wont do the amount of works Okazaki does though, which for us is crucial

Think you guys are either overrating Deeney or under rating Leo/Shinji a tad.

A hard-working limited player who lacks mobility describes Deeney just as fittingly as it does Ulloa.

Deeney's goal and chance creation stats last season are very similar to Ulloa's in 2014-15 when he played regularly and we also finished 14th.

Again, he's a good player, but so are Shinji and Leo and I have absolutely no idea where people are seeing him as a "much better player" than them comes from other than the old issue we get to see them every week so we see their not so good games as opposed to just the highlights of opposition players.

Last edited:
Seeing us breaking the bank trying to offer players more sponds to prevent players from going to Chelsea, PSG and Arsenal is better than when I were a lad and it was to stop them going to ****ing Celtic. Hope we do persuade them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00