Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the Musa deal can be confirmed in the next few days - I think he's an exciting signing.

Confused by the reported fee of £16m - I thought we'd bid over £20m in January! So presumably there's add-ons.

Papers reporting today that Palace could be willing to sell Bolasie.

We were linked with him in the summer, so could be another option.

Would still like to see another right back come in I think, unless we're planning to use Amartey there

Bolasie would be an excellent signing. Vardy, Mahrez, Musa, Bolasie, Albrighton, Okazaki, Schlupp, Ulloa. We would be devastating going forwards and have a bit of depth to rotate the squad.
If we did all that and kept hold of one of Mahrez or Kante then we'd be doing well.

Here's hoping we get Michael Keane now that he has rejected a new contract at Burnley. Centre back is the position we most need to recruit for.

Premier League champions Leicester City have agreed a deal with CSKA Moscow to sign Nigeria forward Ahmed Musa, according to the player's agent.

The 23-year-old, who joined CSKA in 2012 and scored 54 goals in 168 games, is set to sign for a Foxes club-record fee of £16.6m.

"Everything has been finalised and Musa will be in England for his medical on Wednesday," Tony Harris told BBC Sport.

BBC Sport understands Musa turned down Southampton, Everton and West Ham.

CSKA Moscow coach Leonid Slutsky admitted the Nigerian, who can play as winger or striker, is on his way out of the club.

"He'll be leaving on Tuesday," Slutsky told the Russian media. "And if you look at the way things are done over there you'll see he is a player just made for English football."

Musa made his international debut against Madagascar in September 2010 and has scored 11 times in 58 appearances for the Super Eagles.

He scored twice in Nigeria's 3-2 loss to Argentina at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. In doing so he became the first Nigerian to score twice at a finals match and his first goal was his country's fastest goal at the tournament, coming after only four minutes.

Liverpool giving up on Chilwell?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-wont-pay-10million-11509843

''Liverpool will look elsewhere for a left-back unless Leicester City reduce their asking price for Ben Chilwell.

The Reds are unwilling to pay the £10million demanded by the Premier League champions to secure the services of the England Under-21s international.

An offer of £5million plus £2million in add-ons has been rejected and Liverpool are now considering their options.

Chilwell is understood to be keen on a move to Anfield with manager Jurgen Klopp wanting him to compete with Alberto Moreno for the left-back spot.

However, unless the Foxes show a willingness to negotiate on the fee then the young defender is likely to stay put and run down the final year of his current contract.

Liverpool aren’t prepared to pay £10million for a 19-year-old who has yet to make his Premier League debut. Chilwell’s three senior appearances for the Foxes all came in the domestic cup competitions last season.''

Struggling to get get my head around the possibility of a Vardy, Mahrez and Musa front three.

Woof.

I would welcome RVP for a sensible price and wages. Personally I think he would work well with Vardy, and he has bags of experience which can help with the champions league.

He thrived in a fast paced Arsenal so I think he should be able to fit our style.

His attitude is down to Walsh and the team to assess but perhaps recent seasons have humbled him a little.

Michael Keane new offer apparently - £15m plus £3m addons

Nikola Kalinic's agent has said we've made enquirers to sign him

And several rumours saying club representatives held a 2 hour meeting with Gremio to discuss a deal for Luan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669