Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kante's agent appears to be the one making most noise about a move. Hopefully Mahrez can persuade him to stay.

Linked with Kamil Glik centre back from Torino, has one important requirement ; International captain (Poland), strong ucomprimising defender imo very huth-like

Mahrez has told Sky Sports he wants to stay. I guess it's a positive for his agent to keep him in the public eye on the world stage, the other half of that is him matching the standards he has set this season. I'm a bit of a pessimist though, this season isn't quite over yet and I wander if he'll 'do a Delph' when other clubs come knocking in the summer....

Mahrez will be here, I'm 14% sure of it.

Mahrez has been awesome, don't get me wrong, but he has quite a few quiet games. I expect the likes of Barca will wait to see if he can do it in the Champions League.

Kante never has a bad game though so will be highly sought after, especially if there is a release clause.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a release clause only means other clubs can approach the player. We do not have to sell unless the player wants to go.

If PSG or Madrid or Barcelona want to bid, they will not be concerned about a release clause, they will simply make a very big offer.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a release clause only means other clubs can approach the player. We do not have to sell unless the player wants to go.

If PSG or Madrid or Barcelona want to bid, they will not be concerned about a release clause, they will simply make a very big offer.

Why would they waste money by offering a penny more than the release clause?

It would mean we can't set a really high price to discourage interest, or if Kante is undecided we can't stop teams from talking to him and tempting him.

Without a release clause we could make it awkward or drag things out in the hopes that teams switched to easier targets. With a release clause the club are eliminated from the process once it's been met.

It would mean we can't set a really high price to discourage interest, or if Kante is undecided we can't stop teams from talking to him and tempting him.

Without a release clause we could make it awkward or drag things out in the hopes that teams switched to easier targets. With a release clause the club are eliminated from the process once it's been met.

They are not eliminated. They can offer an improved contract to the player.

Suarez had a £50m clause in his contract but Liverpool still held out for more (£80m??)

There is one very big 'if' in all this. Does this release clause actually exist? Seems strange to me that an unknown player would have such a clause after all the transfer may have been a disaster for him. Most likely an agent talking up his client, (a) to get a better contract than the one he is already on and (b) inserting such a clause in the new contract.

Suarez had a £50m clause in his contract but Liverpool still held out for more (£80m??)

There was a £40 million buy-out clause when Arsenal wanted to sign him. He then signed a new contract without the buy-out clause, which is why they were able to get more for him when they sold him.

If he'd wanted to sign for Arsenal I'm sure there'd have been a legal challenge so he could have gone for the buy-out fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669