Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you only watch the highlights or a stream?

You assume wrong - been to most this season. I've never seen a player on the floor more than him this season.

Deeney?

People will be saying Berahino next.

Just after promotion I believe we were linked with Deeney. At the same time there were people on this site wanting us to buy Frazier Campbell, we bought Ulloa. Campbell is not a patch on Ulloa or Deeney and from what I've seen I don't think there is a lot to choose from between the Watford man and Leo. However, when the pressure has been on Ulloa has delivered when it matters.

Campbell is not a patch on Ulloa or Deeney and from what I've seen I don't think there is a lot to choose from between the Watford man and Leo. However, when the pressure has been on Ulloa has delivered when it matters.

This is exactly the point. Why chuck 20 million at a player of similar ability when we already have a proven PL player in Ulloa still under contract here? Would be a very strange move.

Bolasie doesn't exactly inspire me at 20 million either. Instead I'd take my chances with Gray stepping up next season, he looks a real talent.

This is exactly the point. Why chuck 20 million at a player of similar ability when we already have a proven PL player in Ulloa still under contract here? Would be a very strange move.

For a bigger squad maybe? We do need more than three strikers with CL coming up...

we have a tendency to go for captains of International teams.. 2 players linked that fall into that category Musa and Glik imo both would be great additions to the squad

Steve Walsh is in charge of recruitment. He is very good at it. Why challenge who he thinks the right players are?

He's been after Deeney for three years. That should say all any of us needs to know.

In terms of our general policy this summer, we need 6-7 additions as usual. If we're looking at players to improve our first eleven, then you have to look at our weakest players in there. For me, Albrighton is hanging on in the team, followed by Okazaki and then Fuchs.

You've not seen much of Deeney if you can't see that he's an upgrade on either Okazaki and Ulloa.

Looking for an alternative to Okazaki/Ulloa doesn't undermine their performances this season, but we were on the lookout for a 4th striker in Jan.

Now with Champions League, we probably need another two. Certainly need one with pace because you can't expect Vardy to play 50 odd games next season. Also as important as Okazaki has been in the second half of the season, we could do with a striker with more of a goal threat (and he never makes it past 70 mins)

I'll trust Walsh with how keen he is on Deeney. Sure we'll go back for Musa.

Then we need defensive reinforcements, even if it's just as back up. We have very little cover for Wes and Huth, none for Schmeichel. Imagine De Laet will go, and Schlupp is better used as a winger.

A player coming in may not be as a starter. Gray did not come to start. Deeney may come as first choice sub and starter for all cup games for instance.

I would also have John Terry for a year with all his CL experience - 100+ appearances.

I expect though that China or MLS will offer him 3 times what we could afford.

Fuchs is hanging on in the team?

Is this real, have you actually just written this?

He's a passenger, Lako, and you know it. Along with that diving bag of shite Okazaki

Finest City side there has ever been, but you really wouldn't know it

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69