Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuchs is hanging on in the team?

Is this real, have you actually just written this?

That isn't what I said. What I was doing was trying to look which three players we could be looking to upgrade. I then put them in order with Fuchs third.

My rationale is that there are eight more effective players in our first choice team than him.

I'd be interested to know which three others would choose or should we not look to improve the first team?

Well
He's a passenger, Lako, and you know it. Along with that diving bag of shite Okazaki

Finest City side there has ever been, but you really wouldn't know it

We'll all be able to recite our legendary 2016 team forever but are you really suggesting that it cannot be improved?

Ranieri was talking about exactly this yesterday and was saying how he wanted more tactical quality in his team next year.

So who might be available, and at what price that would be a first choice over Fuchs or Okazaki?

That isn't what I said. What I was doing was trying to look which three players we could be looking to upgrade. I then put them in order with Fuchs third.

My rationale is that there are eight more effective players in our first choice team than him.

I'd be interested to know which three others would choose or should we not look to improve the first team?

Spot on. Fuchs is the best left back I've seen in a Leicester shirt in the 20 years I've been supporting, but compared to the rest of our current team I would say he would be one of the more dispensable players. Just goes to show the quality of the rest of the team more than anything.

Clearly our team is build around far more than pure ability (Fuchs is however clearly one of best left backs in the league)

I think you are massively mistaken if you think Fuchs would be anywhere near a list of replaceable players.

And even if there was a better full back available, he'd have to go some way to taking over the role that Fuchs plays in this 'band of brothers'

And even if there was a better full back available, he'd have to go some way to taking over the role that Fuchs plays in this 'band of brothers'

I know we aren't doing it any more but this! Fuchs clearly plays a huge role in the dressing room as well as on the pitch. He's an extremely good player.

Some his crosses / passes get ignored and shouldn't be. He has 4 assists this season which for a left-back is pretty impressive. He is solid (perhaps not amazing) defensively as well IMO.

I think he is at least on a par with Simpson.

I know we aren't doing it any more but this! Fuchs clearly plays a huge role in the dressing room as well as on the pitch. He's an extremely good player.

Some his crosses / passes get ignored and shouldn't be. He has 4 assists this season which for a left-back is pretty impressive. He is solid (perhaps not amazing) defensively as well IMO.

I think he is at least on a par with Simpson.

I think he's twice the player of Simpson

If I was required to name a single man to replace, and I'm glad I'm not, it would be Robert Huth. His defending style has been 'found out' and it is in the spotlight. Opponents will home on this and referees will support them. Now he may be able to do something to change it, either in style or attitude. If he can not or does not, he will be a liability. I suspect his guile is approaching its sell-buy date. He and Morgan have been a major strength but they can not last forever and I see this as an area we should be looking to strengthen before any other.

In the past I made a similar comment about Matt Mills when he was the flavour of the month, and I was firmly rounded on. I fully expect the same to happen now - but I have been proved right about Matt Mills.

If I was required to name a single man to replace, and I'm glad I'm not, it would be Robert Huth. His defending style has been 'found out' and it is in the spotlight. Opponents will home on this and referees will support them. Now he may be able to do something to change it, either in style or attitude. If he can not or does not, he will be a liability. I suspect his guile is approaching its sell-buy date. He and Morgan have been a major strength but they can not last forever and I see this as an area we should be looking to strengthen before any other.

In the past I made a similar comment about Matt Mills when he was the flavour of the month, and I was firmly rounded on. I fully expect the same to happen now - but I have been proved right about Matt Mills.

I would agree that strengthening central defence should be one of our priorities for next season. Personally I'm very comfortable with Huth and Morgan however we have a lack of cover there. I would like to see Benalouane back for next season - always thought he looked decent.

I would agree that strengthening central defence should be one of our priorities for next season. Personally I'm very comfortable with Huth and Morgan however we have a lack of cover there. I would like to see Benalouane back for next season - always thought he looked decent.

Benalouane looked very good every time I saw him, I was disappointed we let him leave on loan.

Having said that, he didn't feature once for Fiorentina so there must be something holding him back.

Just like to say that Wasyl was utterly monstrous against Everton. His reading of the game was superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69