Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benalouane looked very good every time I saw him, I was disappointed we let him leave on loan.

Having said that, he didn't feature once for Fiorentina so there must be something holding him back.

Just like to say that Wasyl was utterly monstrous against Everton. His reading of the game was superb.
He's been out injured since he arrived in Italy. Fiorentina have been furious and refusing to pay his salary and the loan fee. Don't know what's happening with that now.

Wasyl was utterly monstrous against Everton. His reading of the game was superb.

But, as with Huth (and probably more so), he will always have a terrible disciplinary record.

You know a better CB in the Prem that does not push, pull, shove jump with flailing elbows etc. Everybody does it. Huth seemed to get away with it more than most.

You know a better CB in the Prem that does not push, pull, shove jump with flailing elbows etc. Everybody does it. Huth seemed to get away with it more than most.

It's possible that there isn't a centre-back who doesn't push and shove, but after his recent exposure I suspect that Huth will no longer get away with it.

Fuchs contribution to the team is immense, off and on the pitch. The team spirit everyone talks about stems from him and probably Vardy and its importance cannot be overlooked. I think Chilwell will be blended into the team next season and he couldn't have a better mentor than Fuchs. To talk about Fuchs as a player who could be replaced by someone better is quite frankly delusional. He is an International Captain, played Champions League football for Shalke , and we are going to need him and his experience more than ever next season. He will not play every game that's a certainty so Chilwell is bound to get games and so he should, he has plenty of potential, but he is not ready to take over from Fuchs either on of off the pitch.

there are some players within this group who are "the glue that bonds them together" i would definately put Fuchs down as one of them players

Wes, Was and Huth are all wonderful, but are all at various stages of the autumn of their career. Especially with more games to play next season, and possibly losing the epic protection Kante gives them, I think at least one new centre half should be at the top of the shopping list.

I think he's twice the player of Simpson

I think Simpson has surprised everyone with just how good he has been, but positionally, he is not as smart as Fuchs nor is he as good at crossing. I think to say he's twice the player is too strong for me, but my statement of on par was far too conservative.

No. He wouldn't fit in with the group.

You do not believe he is a hard working professional that would give his all for his team every game?

He knows what we are like. I am certain if he was not up for it, he would go off for a jolly to the MLS or elsewhere.

Doesn't this thread just epitomise perfectly the immense but exciting challenge the management team have for next year. We clearly need to strengthen the squad, and to do that we'll need to upgrade, but to do that some of our finest ever team will have to be squad players next year.

Imagine any of these squad getting moved along as Lloyd Dyer was and not playing a part in the next stage of our development. It would be so harsh, but inevitable that some will become bit-part players.

Deeney would be immense for us and I think he would be the perfect fit in our set-up. Him and Vardy up front would be some handful having pretty much the strongest and quickest strikers in the league as a pairing would certainly get the opposition worried before kick off.

Bolasie though, no thanks for me. Too much of a Soccer AM Showboat player and very little end product. I'm sure Steve Walsh must have a couple of better players in his little European black book we haven't heard of and for a fraction of the quoted price.

Surprised the general consensus seems to be No to Deeney and Yes to Bolasie as it would definitely be the other way round for me.

I know this is a forum and I should be debating things in here, but, honestly, I have so much trust in the club at the moment, that I don't feel the need to. If they want to sign someone I've never heard of, then fine. If they want to sign someone that I have heard of, but maybe don't think he's all that, then fine.

They know a shit load more than me and have proved themselves on numerous occasions, so I'm happy to just enjoy the ride.

I know this is a forum and I should be debating things in here, but, honestly, I have so much trust in the club at the moment, that I don't feel the need to. If they want to sign someone I've never heard of, then fine. If they want to sign someone that I have heard of, but maybe don't think he's all that, then fine.

They know a shit load more than me and have proved themselves on numerous occasions, so I'm happy to just enjoy the ride.
Nice, PPF.

You do not believe he is a hard working professional that would give his all for his team every game?

He knows what we are like. I am certain if he was not up for it, he would go off for a jolly to the MLS or elsewhere.
Terry is a racist thug. He's also a ****. He's also linked with a huge money move to China so he may well be doing what you say he wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69